Roy Moore's Foundation Received a $1,000 Donation from a Nazi Group in 2005

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Roy Moore's Foundation Received a $1,000 Donation from a Nazi Group in 2005
In 2005, the foundation run by Judge Roy Moore, now the Republican nominee for a Senate seat in Alabama, accepted a $1,000 donation from a group founded by Willis Carto, a white supremacist, Nazi supporter and World War II vet who famously said he regretted fighting for the U.S instead of Germany.

The Foundation to Defend the First Amendment is one of several nonprofit groups Carto used to shuffle money around to his anti-Semitic and racist conspiracy publications, to fund Holocaust deniers, and, apparently, to donate to Moore’s nonprofit. The Carto-founded group touts its support for Moore and his Foundation for Moral Law on its web site. The contribution to Moore’s group stands out as one of just a handful it has made to organizations not explicitly involved in Holocaust denial.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
$1000 12 years ago? That's some reaching, right there. Any evidence the lurve was reciprocated?

They guy thinks homosexuality should be criminalized, blamed 9/11 on abortion, and thinks part of the US are under Sharia law. There's plenty of low hanging fruit without reaching up into the tree.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Alas, there are many contributors who channel money from behind a series of
innocent-sounding PACs and foundations, etc. A better example would be the MILLIONS channeled by George Soros (check out his Nazi past some time!) to Democratic candidates. For all we know, some of that money is being contributed to the man running against Roy Moore.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Alas, there are many contributors who channel money from behind a series of
innocent-sounding PACs and foundations, etc. A better example would be the MILLIONS channeled by George Soros (check out his Nazi past some time!) to Democratic candidates. For all we know, some of that money is being contributed to the man running against Roy Moore.

I don't think what Soros did was good by any measure, but he was a teenager and was trying not to be killed. I'm a lot more forgiving of that since he wasn't an adult. People do like to dredge it up though.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think what Soros did was good by any measure, but he was a teenager and was trying not to be killed. I'm a lot more forgiving of that since he wasn't an adult. People do like to dredge it up though.
How do you handle the fact that many years later when asked about his activities, he said that he didn't regret the nefarious activities he assisted in and, in fact, had fun doing them? Or that he is considered to be persona non grata by his home country even today for his current beliefs and activities?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
How do you handle the fact that many years later when asked about his activities, he said that he didn't regret the nefarious activities he assisted in and, in fact, had fun doing them? Or that he is considered to be persona non grata by his home country even today for his current beliefs and activities?
If would like to discuss George Soros, feel free to start a thread on that topic, this thread is about Roy Moore.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I was fourteen years old. We were in great peril, but my father was seemingly in command of the situation. I was aware of the dangers because my father spent a lot of time explaining them to me but I did not believe in my heart of hearts that I could get hurt. We were pursued by evil forces and we were clearly on the side of the angels because we were unjustly persecuted; moreover, we were trying not only to save ourselves but also to save others. The odds were against us but we seemed to have the upper hand. What more could a fourteen-year-old want? I adored and admired my father. We led an adventurous life and we had fun together.

That quote?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do you handle the fact that Soros, when asked many years later about his Nazi activity assisting adults in committing crimes, offered no regrets but said it had been fun. Or that he is persona non grata in his home country of Hungary for his current support for political extremism?

You say people like to dredge up Carto, but he is dead. Soros is still doing his deeds. And Carto gave $1000 to a foundation, not to a political campaign, whereas Soros spends millions funding Democrat candidates and civil unrest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You say people like to dredge up Carto, but he is dead. Soros is still doing his deeds. And Carto gave $1000 to a foundation, not to a political campaign, whereas Soros spends millions funding Democrat candidates and civil unrest.

I say what now?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You didn't win the prize, Albion beat you to it. He responded with a deflection by post #4.
If there is a concern that everyone ought to speak to the topic, that was an opportunity missed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0