Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the Alabama police tell us that Roy's supporters had nothing to do with it.

Indeed.

"Natalie Barton, public information officer with the Etowah County Sheriff's Department ... later released a statement, saying, 'The ongoing investigation does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him. More details will be released when warrants are obtained.'"

For some reason, you appear to be doubting the police (with the words "Time will tell"), even though the police appear to have some clear leads.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Indeed.

"Natalie Barton, public information officer with the Etowah County Sheriff's Department ... later released a statement, saying, 'The ongoing investigation does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him. More details will be released when warrants are obtained.'"

For some reason, you appear to be doubting the police (with the words "Time will tell"), even though the police appear to have some clear leads.

"Some reason" would be that police have been wrong before... of course, they've also been right before.

So as I say, time will tell... unless for some reason, you think it won't?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Is there a reason that you directed my attention to a link that has nothing to do with the subject of this thread OR my post that you quoted?

While i meditate on that....

Popcorn?

popcorn1-smiley.gif

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If you could kindly show me where I suggested such a thing, that would be appreciated...

....but not expected.

Yeah, I think that anyone who isn't being disingenuous knows what your first post was implying. I'm not sure if you are just afraid of being hit by the mods for flaming or if you really think that you're being clever, but whatever. I'm sure that I just haven't put all the pieces together yet.

connections_main-qimg-a18632c01c103944ca2a4545a9bd14c0-c.jpg

Upvote 0

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there a reason that you directed my attention to a link that has nothing to do with the subject of this thread OR my post that you quoted?

While i meditate on that....

Popcorn?

popcorn1-smiley.gif

Well you said it goes on and on so I just gave an example.

Pardon my non-sequitur.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well you said it goes on and on so I just gave an example.

Pardon my non-sequitur.

Would you do me the honor of ceasing and desisting from words like "non-sequitur"

^_^

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I think that anyone who isn't being disingenuous knows what your first post was implying.

Mind reader, are you? You really ought to take the act to Vegas...

I'm not sure if you are just afraid of being hit by the mods for flaming or if you really think that you're being clever, but whatever.

All I've done is present facts -- you've done the rest on your own, whether you choose to give yourself credit or not.

And something about those facts has made you quite hostile... How odd.

I'm sure that I just haven't put all the pieces together yet.

connections_main-qimg-a18632c01c103944ca2a4545a9bd14c0-c.jpg

The truth is out there, Agent Mulder... best of luck finding it.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why we're surprised. The left is great at hurling unfounded accusations at people they don't like.
Are you claiming that this woman's house didn't burn down and that there is not an arson investigation?

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Some comments following the article were interesting, and match my own first thoughts on reading this. And that is that she may have done this herself or had someone do it in the hopes (or perhaps prepaid) to do this to somehow snag Roy Moore or possibly those who paid her tried to do her in.

I don't know why we're surprised. The left is great at hurling unfounded accusations at people they don't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I knew that even before they started accusing her of torching her own house.
When your first attitude is that someone burnt down their own house, that says a lot about your character. Perhaps we should apply that same logic to every news story, like every murder is a suicide.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Mind reader, are you? You really ought to take the act to Vegas...

All I've done is present facts -- you've done the rest on your own, whether you choose to give yourself credit or not.

And something about those facts has made you quite hostile... How odd.

The truth is out there, Agent Mulder... best of luck finding it.

Oh, I am not hostile, I'm finding it really funny. Your whole act reminds me of Glenn Beck, where he'd dance right up to the edge of making an accusation that could get him sued, and then go, "but I am just making an observation."

If you are going to cover your face in cheeto dust, like Beck did, would you be so kind as to post a picture of it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well just maybe she forged the fire.
Because that makes all the sense in the world. But since were making up scenarios, in James Gregory style, "Sometime in the past, some nut turned to her husband ans said
Some nut said:
Honey, now that Roy Moore has lost, I thik I'll commit arson and insurance fraud in the hope Moore's supporters get blamed for burning our house down. Where's the gasoline?
"

• Haha
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What I get from the article is that some neighborhood drunk is the suspect.

Is this how people determined those other social issues in America?

It has to be, only this type of critical analysis can supersede the quality of video recording action in living color.

And, I am not just talking about your police murdering your citizens on camera, and your public coming up with better gymnastics than Gabby Douglass to apologize for murderers. Your President has been on camera and Twitter saying some egrigious, downright disgusting things. Yet, there is nothing but apology. Not one instance was he considered wrong.

That means there is a high potential of ignorance, or his supporters actually don't think what he and his admin does is wrong, or offensive - but feeble attempts to apologize are for reasons of distinguishing one's self from mainstream, overt "isms."

I am leaning toward the latter; it is most evident.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I am not hostile, I'm finding it really funny.

And yet, your first post in this thread was complaining about "lynch mobs," and then you lashed out at me directly. If this is your "amused' reaction, I'd hate to see you "upset."

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It could just very well be a coincidence...however, I do find it comical that the members in this thread who are always the first to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon about anything and everything, for some reason have decided to stray from their usual path on this one. Gee, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.