Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is now free to fire Rosenstein for daring to discuss removing him through the use of the 25th Amendment.

In any case, going forward the new AG will make the decisions withe regard to Mueller. This is as it should be.

Personally, I don't want Rosenstein fired, and I hope that the new AG will simply move him off the case, and give him other responsibilities.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump is now free to fire Rosenstein for daring to discuss removing him through the use of the 25th Amendment.

Unless, of course, Rosenstein is correct.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In any case, going forward the new AG will make the decisions withe regard to Mueller. This is as it should be.

Personally, I don't want Rosenstein fired, and I hope that the new AG will simply move him off the case, and give him other responsibilities.
Being as Rosenstein has already planned to quit, it seems a little gratuitous to fire him, but very Donald-like.

Rosenstein expected to depart DOJ in coming weeks

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
correct in wanting to remove the president?
A person in his position, when he observes the president to be acting in an erratic manner, has a duty to consider the 25th Amendment.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is supposed to consider it, then?

I'm sure lots of folks thought that several of the presidents since Kennedy "acted in an erratic manner" at times. How many thought that of Nixon? of Reagan?

Perhaps, Rosenstein might have discussed the behavior with members of the cabinet or with his boss. Perhaps folks might have even gotten together. He might even have discussed the questionable behavior with members of Congress. There were lots and lots of choices LONG, LONG before counting potential cabinet votes for the 25th Amendment. The 25th Amendment is primarily for medical conditions. Did Rosenstein consult any physicians? Or was the issue simply that Rosenstein strongly disagreed with decisions of the president and the potential decision that he might make?

If the cabinet was to be convinced, that should not have been the place of the Asst AG to enable. As I said, at very least this should have come form members of the Congress.

Surely, if there were no folks in Congress that could be convinced/concerned, why should Trump's loyalist cabinet be expected to remove him, absent any impeachable offense.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is supposed to consider it, then?
Perhaps the most direct answer in the Vice President and the cabinet, since the VP and the majority of the cabinet must agree. Surely, Rosenstein didn't think that he had some secret view of the behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps the most direct answer in the Vice President and the cabinet, since the VP and the majority of the cabinet must agree. Surely, Rosenstein didn't think that he had some secret view of the behavior.

Rosenstein isn't allowed to consider the 25th Amendment?

He is to be punished for what... unauthorized thinking?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He can think about anything he wants. If 2 very highly ranked of my employees were discussing how to get rid of me, I would consider having them fired.

Rosenstein isn't allowed to consider the 25th Amendment?

He is to be punished for what... unauthorized thinking?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He can think about anything he wants. If 2 very highly ranked of my employees were discussing how to get rid of me, I would consider having them fired.

Suppose one of them was the Vice President?

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Suppose one of them was the Vice President?

In the case of the 25th Amendment, the Vice President is the central figure. So, yes it would be appropriate for the VP to discuss this issue with a Senator, a Congressperson or a cabinet member.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In the case of the 25th Amendment, the Vice President is the central figure. So, yes it would be appropriate for the VP to discuss this issue with a Senator, a Congressperson or a cabinet member.

Would it be appropriate for the President to fire him if he did?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The president cannot fire the vice president.

The House and Senate could consider it to be a high crime and misdemeanor to plot against the president, in which case he could be impeached.

Would it be appropriate for the President to fire him if he did?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The president cannot fire the vice president.

Point taken.

The House and Senate could consider it to be a high crime and misdemeanor to plot against the president, in which case he could be impeached.

A high crime and misdemeanor to enforce the 25th Amendment? Keep in mind that the VP swears an oath to be loyal to the Constitution, not to the President.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Point taken.

A high crime and misdemeanor to enforce the 25th Amendment? Keep in mind that the VP swears an oath to be loyal to the Constitution, not to the President.

I'll try again. If Congress believed the VP was plotting to remove the president (and make himself president), then they might consider impeachment. OBVIOUSLY, if they believed that VP had cause to question the health and capacity of the president, an impeachment effort wouldn't go far.
========

Consider that if in early 2018 Pence were to have met with Sessions and a couple other establishment type cabinet members and discussed strategies. So far so good? Let us say they strongly objected to lots of Trump's behavior and perhaps even some of his policies. Still OK? Now, let us consider that they used the many public attacks on Trump's mental health to assess options, and that invoking the 25th Amendment was possible.

What would then happen if the Republican Congress got wind of this? Personally, I think someone in the Republican House might want to initiate impeachment proceedings against Pence (once Trump was told). If that doesn't work for you, because Pence is Pence, consider the same scenario if Christie had accepted the VP bid and was VP instead of Pence. And, yes, Christie might very well have had such a discussion.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,598.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, if Pence (or Christie if he were VP), were found to be discussing the 25th amendment, I would think that Trump would want to have the VP impeached, and would ask Meadows or Nunes to try to initiate such proceedings. After all, this would be the VP seeking to take his job, and perhaps risking some of Trump's after the presidency perks.

Upvote 0