✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Rooted Man: Ep 2

In this episode for men, JRob discusses the attacks of the enemy and what things we could do to suppress those attacks.
An unfortunate title in the view of New Zealanders and probably Australians. The term "rooted" means to be damaged beyond repair. It is a slightly softer term for the word "F****d" which means the same thing. Along with the word describing unrepairable damage, there is a sexual connotation to it as well. So a title called "Rooted man" would be a cause of great mirth for New Zealanders!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An unfortunate title in the view of New Zealanders and probably Australians. The term "rooted" means to be damaged beyond repair. It is a slightly softer term for the word "F****d" which means the same thing. Along with the word describing unrepairable damage, there is a sexual connotation to it as well. So a title called "Rooted man" would be a cause of great mirth for New Zealanders!
Oh really? I hadn't heard of this usage...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh really? I hadn't heard of this usage...
The Maori word for damaged beyond repair is "pukaru". One of my Maori students use it say that something was "pukaruloo". I found myself using that word. Being Christian and not wanting to be inappropriate, I refrained from using the word "rooted". I remember when I rolled my car over a bank and got out of it with just bumps and bruises, and towtruck driver pulled the car out, saw it was bashed in on all four corners and told me it was "f****d!"

I guess that the North American use of the word means that someone has good solid roots and therefore has a sound, strong foundation.

I apologise for hijacking this thread with my New Zealand humour. Maybe comes from associating with so many sheep! Australians, when they want to slag off New Zealanders they call them "sheep shaggers". You can use your imagination on that one! And let me tell you, it has nothing to do with shearing sheep!

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Rooted Man: Ep 2

In this episode for men, JRob discusses the attacks of the enemy and what things we could do to suppress those attacks.

Are you looking for advice or giving it without being asked?

If it's the latter then this thread belongs in the "two cents" sub forum. You can ask a moderator to move it there. The main advice forum is for those looking for advice and are asking a question.

Upvote 0