• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ron Paul support growing in Iowa

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Yoder777, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Yoder777

Yoder777 Senior Veteran

+451
    Buddhist
    Married
    US-Others
    Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate to have shown support for Occupy Wall Street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK3tMKz3PrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BveNioW3cVI

His strength in the polls is growing.

Ron Paul support growing in Iowa, poll shows - Jedd Rosche - POLITICO.com

Ron Paul's Latent Strength in Iowa - HUMAN EVENTS

After Obama's orchestrating of the crackdown on Occupy Wall Street, I don't know why I should vote to re-elect him.

Oakland Mayor Jean Quan Admits Cities Coordinated Crackdown on Occupy Movement | capitoilette

Surprise, Homeland Security Coordinates #OWS Crackdowns

There should be an alliance between libertarians and the disaffected left:

If You Love Peace, Become a "Blue Republican" (Just for a Year)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/blue-republican_b_886650.html

Libertarians like Ron Paul are on our side on civil liberties. They're on our side against the military-industrial complex. They're on our side against Wall Street. They're on our side for investor rights. That's a foundational convergence.
    http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/28/ralph-nader-hearts-ron-paul-ha

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Douger

Douger Veteran

+847
    Christian
    Very good post. The parallels are certainly there. The disenchanted left and right will only be thrown scraps by their party elite. It's time for people to stop projecting themselves into these "left" "right" molds and realize that when it comes to politics, they're simply Americans, and that their country is in need of massive, revolutionary reform.

Paul Nader 2012 would be exciting.

3. Anovah

Anovah Senior Member

+177
    Atheist
    Single
  4. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    At this point in the race, Ron Paul is the only one to have a solid base of support whereas many other republican candidates are popular one day and then crash back down to the bottom as people learn more about them. I wouldn't be suppressed if Ron Paul were to win Iowa, this state is really anyone's to win as the polls stand right now!

5. Yoder777

Yoder777 Senior Veteran

+451
    Buddhist
    Married
    US-Others
    I donated to Ron Paul in 2008 but the Republicans seem too dee dee dee to nominate him. Why is it that the media want us to ignore Ron Paul? Is it because he's the only candidate who for decades has seriously challenged the very establishment that the media is sworn to protect? If Noam Chomsky's propaganda model were true, no wonder Ron Paul is treated the way he is by both the left and right press.

6. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,601
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Pot or corn?

Oh, "support" (no 's') growing. Nevermind.

7. TSA Customs

TSA Customs Member

+5
    Catholic
    Single
    [​IMG]

The Primary is a sham! 90 seconds for Ron Paul?!?

8. Yoder777

Yoder777 Senior Veteran

+451
    Buddhist
    Married
    US-Others
    Honestly, what is it about Ron Paul that Republican primary voters don't like? Is the vote rigged?

9. Douger

Douger Veteran

+847
    Christian
    Most republicans tune in big time to main stream media outlets which mock and belittle Paul and his supporters.
    If you listen to talk radio, you'll often hear callers booted from the show for supporting Paul. I'm not exaggerating. The hosts tell the listeners that supporting Paul is not allowed and boot anyone who breaks the rule.

10. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,753
    Calvinist
    Single
    *subscribing

11. lemur

lemur Newbie

+14
    Atheist
    Bloody crosses and Stars of David... Isn't that a tad bit antisemitic.

12. Harpuia

Harpuia Oldie... very very oldie...

+826
    United States
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    You should play my David Duke drinking game. :D

I'm still a fan of Ron Paul (though not as strong as I was going to be) because he is the only honest candidate there. He just goes, says his thing, and leaves. He doesn't try to impress anyone or try to (very much) beat around the bush.

He can't really help it if every weird conspiracy theorist under the sun likes him too.

13. Yoder777

Yoder777 Senior Veteran

+451
    Buddhist
    Married
    US-Others
    I supported Obama until I learned that he supported the crackdown on Occupy Wall Street. That was the last straw.

14. TSA Customs

TSA Customs Member

+5
    Catholic
    Single
    96% of Media Owned By 6 Jewish Companies | AlterMedia International

15. Yoder777

Yoder777 Senior Veteran

+451
    Buddhist
    Married
    US-Others