Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really?
Though i am posting what they teach - i presume?
No you're not.
Prove me wrong if you do not agree.
Done.
The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
From the catechism.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

Your POV is moot because you do not comprehend scriptures
- as you are saying it totally out of context and continue to think you understand something you completely do not understand.
Which is likely why you are atheist.

Jesus saying it is better to have a millstone around a neck and thrown into the sea is a comparable analogy to how bad it will be in hell for those who do these things - that RATHER THAN DO THEM - one should tie the millstone around the neck...etc

Does that seem to help the comprehension?

Its not about wishing anyone was dead. Its an analogy.
I doubt you understand better... but reread what i highlighted.

Do not comprehend scripture?:confused:
Because i'm an atheist?
If you want to find something random about me to attribute my dissatisfaction to, that's fine i guess.

Do i make digs at Christians now, by blaming you being a Christian for how you use the bible to say nasty things?
I don't really want to as it would be rude and overgeneralising.

You made no point of what you said being anything other than literal until now.

Whether Jesus was saying what they were deserving of such action, or saying something like that would still be better than hell, it doesn't really matter; it's still an insulting thing to say.

On a side note; did you really feel saying gay couples who raise children are better off dead a good way to say they are going to hell?

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Looking at the thesis that homosexuality is "objectively disordered" and should preclude people from the priesthood, adoption, and marriage:

I always feel as if there is some sort of fantasy that sex is a much greater part of these couples' lives than it is everyone else's.

While parents may be affectionate towards one another, their sex life goes on behind closed doors while their children are asleep, and their children generally don't want to think very much about it.

What really affects them are the parents' relationship with each other and them. Is there respect? Is there kindness? Is there responsibility? Are values lived?

I have recently come to learn how prevalent a problem childhood sexual abuse is in our society--and it's not happening because gay people are adopting. It's happening because the aforementioned qualities--respect, kindness, responsibility, and values--don't exist in families.

Once again, let's not focus on what we don't want. Let's focus on what we want, and do what we can to strengthen families.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All this arguing and it comes down to one thing: We gotta keep da homasexials in their place, which is the lowest of the lowest of the lowest of society. In the minds of many, an "illegal alien" is on an order of magnitude higher than a homasexial. To that end, all this anti-gay rhetoric is about how to get da homasexials back in their place (subject to fists, kicking feet, shouted insults and nooses) and keeping them there.

Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
All this arguing and it comes down to one thing: We gotta keep da homasexials in their place, which is the lowest of the lowest of the lowest of society. In the minds of many, an "illegal alien" is on an order of magnitude higher than a homasexial. To that end, all this anti-gay rhetoric is about how to get da homasexials back in their place (subject to fists, kicking feet, shouted insults and nooses) and keeping them there.

Beating gay children seems to be one of the popular means among conservatives.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

Beating gay children seems to be one of the popular means among conservatives.

That's overgeneralising to say the least...

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA, again I ask, if you are so concerned about scandal, why don't you pursue fornicators, divorcees and adulterers with the same zeal with which you condemn homosexuals? Do you think homosexual activity is some kind of ~special~ scandal not included with the rest of sexual sins? I never see you condemn those scandals as viciously as you condemn even a HINT of homosexuality.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WA, again I ask, if you are so concerned about scandal, why don't you pursue fornicators, divorcees and adulterers with the same zeal with which you condemn homosexuals? Do you think homosexual activity is some kind of ~special~ scandal not included with the rest of sexual sins? I never see you condemn those scandals as viciously as you condemn even a HINT of homosexuality.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status

There is a certain element that finds "fairy bashing" to be fun.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA, children are in scandalous circumstances all the time - single parent homes while the parent has a boyfriend/girlfriend and are sexually active with them. Divorced homes where one or both parents date around and remarry.

Sexual sin is rampant, and the gays don't have a monopoly on it. Their sexual sin is the same as a mother dating around and having multiple boyfriends, or a married man cheating on his wife with a mistress.

Straight people make just as much, if not more, a mess of families than gays do.

The Church when doing orphanages [and i believe who started orphanages] made sure the couple was a good one.
They did not adopt out children to singles [secular orphanages did tho] and they did not adopt out to couples with problems or lived together.

God put the Church together - HE knows what He wants - He led the Church how to do the adoptions and anything else - is against a loving family life.

Because GOD knows us better than we do.

Again, mis-using the Church you claim to belong to in order to descriminate against voiceless and in some cases defenceless children...:(
In your opinion, and let me know if i have this straight - it is better to scandalize a child - corrupt them to try out homosexuality [which may occur if raised that way] than wait for a household of a good mom and dad - which experts have said time and again is the best way for a child - just so we can unload them into a house.

There are very angry ppl in this world who were raised by gays.
This finding is exceptional since so few have had to endure that sort of family life.

Its wrong.
Sure the kids have a home while mommy and mommy or daddy and daddy play parents... but the child suffers and either goes the way they see or may loathe their upbringing.

NO one knows the harm it does - just so we can say 'But they were loved'...and all the while say hetero's mess up.
Sure they mess up - but the child feels balanced - all the same a mom and dad HAVE TWO DISTINCT ROLES which is impossible in the gay community.

Why Gay Marriage Is a Bad Idea
This I maintain, that it has been shown time and time again that children thrive best with a biological mother and father because of the very nature of the parent’s opposite sexes. Child Trends, a nonpartisan research organization, summarized the scholarly consensus as such: “[R]esearch clearly demonstrates that family structure matters for children, and the family structure that helps children the most is a family headed by two biological parents in a low-conflict marriage.”(1) If this is true, it follows that removing that dynamic of two opposite sexes would be detrimental to the raising of children. This is all but admitted and bemoaned when it comes to divorce, single parenting and cohabitation. It is contested when applied to same-sex parenting. Let’s run through a couple of the benefits to children that arise solely out of the complementary nature of the two sexes, shall we?

Thanks to...
...Thus two essential elements to the development of children – nurture and discipline – are fulfilled in the two sexes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sociology: Study examines gender roles of children with gay parents

Stacey and Biblarz found some evidence that children in gay households are more likely to buck stereotypical male-female behavior. For example, boys raised by lesbians appear to be less aggressive and more nurturing than boys raised in heterosexual families. Daughters of lesbians are more likely to aspire to become doctors, lawyers, engineers and astronauts.

In addition, heterosexual mothers tend to encourage sons to participate in historically "masculine" games and activities – such as Little League – and daughters in more "feminine" pursuits – such as ballet. In contrast, lesbian mothers had no such interest – their preferences for their children's play were gender neutral.

In two studies, a greater number of young adult children raised by lesbians had participated in or considered a same-sex relationship or had an attraction to the same sex. However, statistically, they were no more likely to identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual.

o Adolescent and young adult girls raised by lesbian mothers appear to be more sexually adventurous and less chaste.

FROM a pro homosexual research..

NEXT:

Dr. Trayce Hansen's Writings

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Pro-homosexual researchers frequently claim studies find "no differences" between children raised by homosexuals and heterosexuals. Amazingly, these claims are made in the abstracts of research studies that actually uncovered differences (Williams, 2000). The tendency to deny or downplay differences has been noted by pro-homosexual parenting researchers. After reviewing 21 studies, Stacey and Biblarz (2001) concluded that in regards to gender, sexual behavior and sexual preference, homosexually parented children are different from heterosexually parented children. But despite such findings, many continue to proclaim "no differences" in order to galvanize support for homosexual access to fertility services, adoption, custody, and same-sex marriage. Encouraging support for a cause is fine, as long as the information being disseminated is true. But in this case, it isn't.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I think that although these studies can't be used to make definitive statements, they are suggestive that homosexual parents are rearing disproportionate numbers of non-heterosexual children. This isn't surprising since parents are the primary influencers of children. Children raised by parents with different lifestyles, values, and attributes, are likely to be different from other children (Baumrind 1995). Stacey and Biblarz (2001) wrote, "... it is difficult to conceive of a credible theory of sexual development that would not expect the adult children of lesbigay parents to display a somewhat higher incidence of homoerotic desire, behavior, and identity than children of heterosexual parents."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the methodological flaws in the existing homosexual-parenting studies [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](including small, non-representative samples, lack of control groups, and non-longitudinal designs) highlight the need for scientifically rigorous and unbiased research, so that more definitive conclusions concerning sexual and gender identity outcomes of homosexually parented children can be drawn. In the meantime, we look to existing studies for suggestive trends.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Based on the average found in the following nine studies, 14% of children raised by homosexual parents develop homosexual or bisexual preferences. These studies reported rates of non-heterosexuality ranging from 8% to 21%. The most frequently reported percentages were 14% and 16% (two studies each). For comparison purposes, data from the best national surveys report that approximately 2% of the general population is non-heterosexual (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, and Michaels,1994). Therefore, if these percentages hold true in better designed studies, children raised by homosexuals appear to be about seven times more likely to develop homosexual or bisexual preferences than children raised by heterosexuals. And, as was explained earlier, 14% may be an under-estimate due to the young ages of many of the subjects in these studies.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JUST what the world needs - more of this choice lifestyle so we end up not having a nation - because heterosexuals will become obsolete.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think not.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I dont talk about it because:
1- I doubt very much there is a single thread pronouncing them as wonderful.
2- Its not the OP.

I'm glad when any person is willing to adopt a child who needs a home.
Sure - meantime there are sickos in the world.
In a study of 17 children - 50% were molested by their homosexual non biological father. IE - adoptive dad.

So - yah - its all good in your eyes.

Just throw them somewhere... and let life happen.

So we rather see this - molested children than say - a genuinely loving couple - mom and dad - that balances a child??

Yah ok. I see how you think - just give em up to whoever.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sure - meantime there are sickos in the world.
In a study of 17 children - 50% were molested by their homosexual non biological father. IE - adoptive dad.

So - yah - its all good in your eyes.

Just throw them somewhere... and let life happen.

So we rather see this - molested children than say - a genuinely loving couple - mom and dad - that balances a child??

Yah ok. I see how you think - just give em up to whoever.

Is that your best shot againsy Gay adoption? Seriously..? :D

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No you're not.
Done.From the catechism.

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition

AND....

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Do not comprehend scripture?:confused:
Because i'm an atheist?
If you want to find something random about me to attribute my dissatisfaction to, that's fine i guess.

Do i make digs at Christians now, by blaming you being a Christian for how you use the bible to say nasty things?
I don't really want to as it would be rude and overgeneralising.

You made no point of what you said being anything other than literal until now.

Whether Jesus was saying what they were deserving of such action, or saying something like that would still be better than hell, it doesn't really matter; it's still an insulting thing to say.

On a side note; did you really feel saying gay couples who raise children are better off dead a good way to say they are going to hell?
YOU do NOT comprehend.

ANYONE who puts an innocent child into scandal - and adopting out children to gays is scandal per the Church who teaches us - it is better to tie around the neck.....etc

And gays are not qualified to raise children unless we want a full throttle dysfunctional gay nation.
According to studies the children they raise tend to go towards homosexuality and bisexuality.

THIS is a secular concern as well.
Any nation who loses its fertility which we see because of the abortions and BC now - most nations are economically in trouble, but add fuel to that fire and produce more homosexuals and the offspring numbers will greatly decrease.

ANY nation that wishes to remain strong - needs the traditional family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
It's nice that the sources that you're referring to WA either:
Don't say ANYTHING about gender effecting children, and that the article is slapping their own conclusions onto the paper.

Or, just says the children are less likely to take up traditional gender roles, something parents shouldn't push their kids into anyway.

OR a psychologist's comments on research.(Something she nigh ever leaves sources to) And judging by her choice of subjects, she's doing her best to make sure people know how dangerous homosexuals, feminists and other dirty liberals are.
A member of the "homosexuals are paedophiles" crowd.

Yeah real credible.

But i feel this conversation probably falls under the jurisdiction of...Saint Jude was it?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's nice that the sources that you're referring to WA either:
Don't say ANYTHING about gender effecting children, and that the article is slapping their own conclusions onto the paper.

Or, just says the children are less likely to take up traditional gender roles, something parents shouldn't push their kids into anyway.
No not at all, because we need less masculine men to arm and defend us.
Sure.
I do not agree with you, however.

God's Laws are perfection for humanity - and though our sinfulness will not experience the fullness of His Wisdom on earth - our errors will turn against us every single time.
EVERY single time.

The problem is - it takes a nation - or science too flippin long to figure out God's WISDOM is far superior to ours.

By that time, we have a mess. OR an apocalypse.
Either way - it's not prudent to demand satans laws be followed.

Tho some say its irrational to discuss that - time and again humans are so duh.
OR a psychologist's comments on research.(Something she nigh ever leaves sources to) And judging by her choice of subjects, she's doing her best to make sure people know how dangerous homosexuals, feminists and other dirty liberals are.
A member of the "homosexuals are paedophiles" crowd.

Yeah real credible.

But i feel this conversation probably falls under the jurisdiction of...Saint Jude was it?

Just so you know - the first one i posted - was pro homosexual.
The didnt report everything - so i added in the additional truths.

Say what you like - time is telling us and will tell us we messed up.

Then we will be 'O shucks its too late to fix it'.

AND the other site showed out of 17 adopted young boys - 50 were molested compared to 6% in a heterosexual couple.

Its called PEDARESTY - and the findings are incredibly high that men who are homosexual tend to molest young boys/teens.
Pedophiles molest young girls.

Its not a CROWD - its researched.
Facts are facts - even if we hate them.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
According to studies the children they raise tend to go towards homosexuality and bisexuality.

THIS is a secular concern as well.
Any nation who loses its fertility which we see because of the abortions and BC now - most nations are economically in trouble, but add fuel to that fire and produce more homosexuals and the offspring numbers will greatly decrease.

ANY nation that wishes to remain strong - needs the traditional family.

And do you know why the children are more likely to be gay or bisexual?

Maybe because their kids are less likely to stay closeted when it comes to their sexual orientation.
I'm just speculating, but this research doesn't answer the question as to "why" it happens, just that it does happen.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
No not at all, because we need less masculine men to arm and defend us.
Sure.
I do not agree with you, however.

God's Laws are perfection for humanity - and though our sinfulness will not experience the fullness of His Wisdom on earth - our errors will turn against us every single time.
EVERY single time.

The problem is - it takes a nation - or science too flippin long to figure out God's WISDOM is far superior to ours.

By that time, we have a mess. OR an apocalypse.
Either way - it's not prudent to demand satans laws be followed.

Tho some say its irrational to discuss that - time and again humans are so duh.

Just so you know - the first one i posted - was pro homosexual.
The didnt report everything - so i added in the additional truths.

Say what you like - time is telling us and will tell us we messed up.

Then we will be 'O shucks its too late to fix it'.

AND the other site showed out of 17 adopted young boys - 50 were molested compared to 6% in a heterosexual couple.

Its called PEDARESTY - and the findings are incredibly high that men who are homosexual tend to molest young boys/teens.
Pedophiles molest young girls.

Its not a CROWD - its researched.
Facts are facts - even if we hate them.
I wont even get into the whole why people rape others shtick.
But if i remember correctly, the Catholic Church used homosexuality as a scapegoat for their problems in that department. So to argue against such is against Catholicism and posting such could get me in trouble.
Thanks for pointing out that splinter in my eye though.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WA, you copied "However, statistically, they were no more likely to identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual", but you only colored the identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual.. Did you err, were you intending to mislead, or did you intend to highlight the fact that these children adopted by lesbians were not more likely to identify as homosexual?

Upvote 0