The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I fully and completely agree, but it will never happen short of a violent armed revolution. The Republican and Democrat politicians in Washington have so constructed the election laws to ensure that power will always remain in the hands of.....Republicans and Democrats, world without end, forever, amen.

How terribly clever of them. And how terribly unfortunate for us.

I'm not entirely convinced some Democrat or Republican senator isn't at some point going to try to spin voting for an independent candidate as treason.

Nevertheless, there is hope. The British managed to get a third party elected.

Not that a multi-party system is that much better. Generally you know how far to the right or left a candidate is and you try forming a coalition with fourteen parties who'd much rather spend the day gouging eachother's eyes out.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not entirely convinced some Democrat or Republican senator isn't at some point going to try to spin voting for an independent candidate as treason.

Nevertheless, there is hope. The British managed to get a third party elected.

Not that a multi-party system is that much better. Generally you know how far to the right or left a candidate is and you try forming a coalition with fourteen parties who'd much rather spend the day gouging eachother's eyes out.

Frankly, I'd be happy to simply have people in office who actually represented their constituents, instead of their party or the lobbyists who bribe them with obscene amounts of money.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Frankly, I'd be happy to simply have people in office who actually represented their constituents, instead of their party or the lobbyists who bribe them with obscene amounts of money.

That's funny, I like unicorns too!:p

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Romney said the same thing. He is trying to steer the talk to the economy--where his positions, even if not helpful, are at least "different."

He wants to give as little attention to socially conservative issues as possible, because he knows he needs to attract independents who are focused on different issues.

Besides, his positions on social issues are, at best, flexible, see-sawing, or, most likely, opportunistic.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Romney said the same thing. He is trying to steer the talk to the economy--where his positions, even if not helpful, are at least "different."

He wants to give as little attention to socially conservative issues as possible, because he knows he needs to attract independents who are focused on different issues.

Besides, his positions on social issues are, at best, flexible, see-sawing, or, most likely, opportunistic.

I do think it's rather painful that simply because he is a mormon he loses out on the values voters.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What a disgusting thing to say...:(

5Matthew 18:6
But he that shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea.
~ Jesus

Oh, and maybe it is forgotten that homosexuality is indeed an abomination to God.
And those who do these things and those who agree to those doing these things will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God.

Please don't pretend you speak for God any more than the rest of us.

The only thing it'll get you is one of those nice member's only jackets where the sleeves are attached to the back.

I am not speaking FOR God - i am however quoting what HE already said.
The world hates it - or wants to bury it, but facts remain facts and yah i could see today's Catholic and or Christian who quotes the Bible considered crazy - meh - big deal.

The world hated Jesus before they would ever hate a faithful follower.

NOTE: I didnt say we hate gays - we do not accept the sin, we do not exonerate gay marriage and we do not pretend we are not held accountable for soliciting it as a right.

That ^ IS Catholic anything else is a grand twist in spite of the Bishops telling us not to readily and greedily accept gay marriages [or unions i add] because Paul warns us against being a party to these things.

Take off the blinders... .

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
IN FACT Anitgone - could you explain why Catholic orphanages closed if i am the crazy one???

I guess they dont speak for God either.

What is it some sort of mystery that God doesnt accept these relationships and He will throw down to the depths of hell anyone who scandalizes a child [who is innocent] with the likes of what He deems an abomination?

IS the Church also too presumptuous in speaking for Him?

Really?

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Really?
Though i am posting what they teach - i presume?

Yah ok.

Prove me wrong if you do not agree.

I would if I could get myself to read those long-winding, inchorent posts that you write in the throes of passion, but all I can think of when I start out it TL;DR and frankly, when push comes to shove, we both know that this isn't about gay marriage inasmuch as thinking so badly of homosexual couples that you'd rather see children in an orphanage than with a loving same-sex couple and that doesn't fly with me.

And I'm not alone in that here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would if I could get myself to read those long-winding, inchorent posts that you write in the throes of passion, but all I can think of when I start out it TL;DR and frankly, when push comes to shove, we both know that this isn't about gay marriage inasmuch as thinking so badly of homosexual couples that you'd rather see children in an orphanage than with a loving same-sex couple and that doesn't fly with me.

And I'm not alone in that here.

Throes of passion... just because they are long?
I am passionate about God - at least i am not lukewarm and hopefully being hot i wont be spit out.

Wrong...the Church - ya know our guide since the Apostles opened it up via the command of Christ - says NO it is not acceptable.

AND putting children into scandalous circumstances is damnable for those who allow it - and those who do it.

HENCE why the Church closed orphanages.

And tho ppl dont see beyond their own opinions tho erred - the Church literally speaks for the Lord and always has.

Oops.
Your right WarriorAngel.

I guess saying "anyone not in line with God raising kids should be drowned" is an acceptable thing to say now.

Not an extremely hateful and bitter thing to say or anything...

Your opinion is neither acceptable in a Catholic forum, but your snark isnt either.

It is not about how the world sees things - it is about how God sees the world.

So have at it... i can say i didnt hold back truth to fit in and feel all the fuzzies and warmness and kudos that most need to feel.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Throes of passion... just because they are long?

And rambling. And incoherent. And haughty. And very hard to read.

I get that you are passionate, which is wonderful - but once you get indignant about something you write thousands of words and trust me, people stop reading after about twelve of them.

Wrong...the Church - ya know our guide since the Apostles opened it up via the command of Christ - says NO it is not acceptable.

AND putting children into scandalous circumstances is damnable for those who allow it - and those who do it.

HENCE why the Church closed orphanages.

That makes no sense.

The church doesn't want to place children with homosexual couples so they closed orphanages? See, this is what I mean. If you want people to at least understand what you are saying you have to move from A to B in a sequence of thought expressed with at least moderate clarity and some semblance of logical order.

Also, adding colour is not the same as adding clarity.

And tho ppl dont see beyond their own opinions tho erred - the Church literally speaks for the Lord and always has.

They seem to speak out a good deal less against it than you do, though. For one, it's a non-issue where I live.

Unless you want to suggest that the Dutch branch of the RCC is somehow less holy than the American edition?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Your opinion is neither acceptable in a Catholic forum, but your snark isnt either.

It is not about how the world sees things - it is about how God sees the world.

So have at it... i can say i didnt hold back truth to fit in and feel all the fuzzies and warmness and kudos that most need to feel.
Not acceptable?
Sarcastically agreeing with you, or voicing objection to your words?
Both are well within the rules of this site and acceptable methods to use when someone is talking of how they feel others should be dead.

The "truth" needn't be worded with your wish for gay people with children to be dead.
I don't expect you to change your point of view or even be sorry.
I just feel wording my view of your post was the right thing to do, rather than staying silent and letting it lie.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Between Romney and Obama, socially conservative voters will choose Romney.

If their old pickup won't get them to the polls because it's broken down and their unemployment ran out, they won't make an extra effort to go.

If their factory won't give them time off to vote because there's no union and if they're late they might get fired, they won't make an extra effort to go.

If they can't afford their blood pressure medicine and get breathless walking to the polls, they won't make an extra effort to go.

Not like they would for Santorum.

And thank goodness, because Romney would make things worse for people in all three of those categories. And so would have Santorum.

An election like this one will most likely be determined by how many people abstain.

Obama is reaching out to youth by supporting positions overwhelmingly supported by the young.

Romney is trying to reach out to social conservatism, but his real religion is materialism and capitalism, and they're not necessarily buying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
[Romney said]in my state individuals of the same sex were able to adopt children. In my view, that’s something that people have a right to do.

Problem is, the court forcing gay marriage as a right onto the state of Massachusetts, ended up bringing a lawsuit against Catholic Charities, for not allowing gay couples to apply for adoption.

The lawsuit put Catholic Charities out of the adoption agency service, something they've been involved with for a 100 years.

They gay agenda leaves no room for freedom of choice.

Jim

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was hoping that Romney was against "gay adoption". It sickens me that he is for it. A child is meant to be raised by a husband and a wife, not a husband and a husband or a wife and a wife or two men or two women.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was hoping that Romney was against "gay adoption". It sickens me that he is for it. A child is meant to be raised by a husband and a wife, not a husband and a husband or a wife and a wife or two men or two women.

I'm actually surprised with Romney's statement.

When he was governor, he fought gallantly against gay marriage, and you'd think that being against gay adoptions would be automatic.

Jim

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA, children are in scandalous circumstances all the time - single parent homes while the parent has a boyfriend/girlfriend and are sexually active with them. Divorced homes where one or both parents date around and remarry.

Sexual sin is rampant, and the gays don't have a monopoly on it. Their sexual sin is the same as a mother dating around and having multiple boyfriends, or a married man cheating on his wife with a mistress.

Straight people make just as much, if not more, a mess of families than gays do.

Upvote 0