• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Romney or Obama?

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by JoeyArnold, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Well-Known Member

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    worthless still actually means unworthy and then some

2. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+1,995
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    Who you can beat half to death?
    Who you control the access to his family?
    (Man, I'm glad I don't have your boss).

3. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    worth comes from the One who has it all

4. Shane Roach

Shane Roach Well-Known Member

+1,229
    Christian
    I knew this was going to start happening, which is why I made this summary. When you and your kind come up with anything this progressive, I will start listening to your pathetic attempts to demonize old testament economics.

5. trientje

trientje Newbie

+7
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Out of curiosity, who is your boss

6. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    worthless means that we need Christ in our lives

7. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Wow, this thread has been seriously derailed.

8. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    worthless also means obama

9. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,517
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    As a christian you would say a confessed Christian man has no worth?

10. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    in ephesians it says that a christian inherits worthiness

11. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives
    Seeing as this post wasn't directed to you... what's your point?

I don't advocate banning legal or moral concepts for any reason. If there is an idea within a certain religion that is good, I am in favour of that idea.

That being said, I don't know of a single good idea within a religion that is dependent upon that religion. I'm not saying there aren't good ideas within certain religions... but those good ideas would be good without that religion, and don't rely on religion to exist or be practical.

I completely agree, you are fully within your rights to hold whatever belief or follow whatever religion you want to. I don't argue that, and I fully support your rights in that area.

Define religious value. If the main backing for your legislation is based on what the bible says, that is a violation of church/state separation. You can argue whatever point you want, but you have to show why it's right or wrong from a non-religious perspective.

Nice slippery slope fallacy... and a completely asinine argument as well

12. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives

Sure it does... if nobody can agree what the universal church is, then how can it possibly have power over the country?

That's a great way to kick off a religious war.

13. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives
    What a stunning rebuttal.... Do you expect me to retract my points based on that?

Please, show me why I am wrong rather than using the ostrich defense.

Which is why God ordered the Isrealites to conquer, kill, enslave and rape various other countries numerous times in the old testament.

14. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    the universal church rules through morality

15. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives
    Why would I explain that in terms other than YOU used? The point was, you have misstated what I said, and are trying to attack me based on an argument I never made.

I don't think anyone who accepts Christianity is an idiot, far from it.... there's some very intelligent Christians out there, they just happen to be wrong about their religious beliefs. Francis Collins is a shining example of this.

So please address my actual point.... are you disputing that Christianity teaches we are all unworthy sinners deserving of hell, and are therefore in need of salvation?

16. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives
    How does an omnipotent being make a sacrifice while still remaining omnipotent? It makes no sense.

Where on earth did you get that idea? I have never made that case, and am actually offended by the concept. I have far more respect for people, and believe everyone has worth whether they are doing something wrong or not.... mistakes happen.

It's your religion that tries to show we are all unworthy, which is one of the reasons I believe it is immoral.

You should open up a strawman business... you sure craft some top quality ones.

Where was the sacrifice? Please explain to me what was sacrificed by god?

17. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    worthless also means that things are not going to make sense

18. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives

That's quite convenient.

19. Dave Ellis

Dave Ellis Contributor

+803
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    CA-Conservatives

The point he was referring to, and you are steering the topic away from is what Church should have control over government.

So, go ahead, answer, which Church is the right one. The "universal" church is a non-answer, as every sect is going to think they are the universal church.

20. JoeyArnold

+60
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    the universe church is more about the principles and not about just the people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.