Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who are you voting for & why? Here is a video of the first Presidential debate on October 3rd 2012.

[youtube]ACs2DU3fV80[/youtube]

march_of_tyranny_bg.jpg

Last edited:

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heehee. Good comic.

To be honest, I was probably going to vote against Obama this year if the republicans could get a good candidate together, but the more I listen to what Romney has to say, the more I must regretfully cling to the lesser of two evils. Obama hasn't done everything he promised he would, but he did do quite a bit and that with a very uncooperative congress, and actually my family IS better off than we were four years ago. I don't think Romney is in touch with the average American at all, and half of the stuff that comes out of his mouth makes my skin crawl, so... yeah.

If McCain was running again, and was magically about twenty years younger, I would vote for him. I think he's one of the few politicians out there with some integrity and he has done some great work on bi-partisan initiatives. I wish they had found somebody like that to run instead of Romney.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was always taught that christians should never vote democrat since the democratic party is mostly anti-christian in morals and views. Do I still believe that? To some degree yes since most christians do seem to be christians. Who will I vote for though? Neither. I got my absentee ballot and there are like 5 other parties with candidates for president. I don't like any of them except maybe the constitutional party.

Theres even a "fill in your own" space to use. So I may vote for some movie character to show what a joke this countries become. I refuse to vote for either since neither cares about us disabled. And sadly most people seem to like that the candidates don't care for the disabled. Which makes no sense to me. Just because some people about the system, doesn't mean all of us do.

Feel free to take foodstamps, ssi and that stuff away from the people who use the system on purpose. But for the rest of us, leave our stuff alone because we literally depend on SSI and foodstamps from day to day. As for now, I vote for no president because this country is corrupt. I no longer call the USA my home. I am Gods child and heaven and the new earth are my home. This place is just a temporary place until then.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If McCain was running again, and was magically about twenty years younger, I would vote for him. I think he's one of the few politicians out there with some integrity and he has done some great work on bi-partisan initiatives. I wish they had found somebody like that to run instead of Romney.

Me too!

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm voting for Romney.
Why?
Well it won't be enough to convince a Democrat to switch sides but...
1. On more than a few occasions Obama has called the right selfish and hateful. I'm sick of hearing form the President how terrible I am for not supporting him.
2. Obama passes off Presidential orders as law.
3. Obama tells his AG to disregard the laws he does not like totally throwing the Constitution to the wind. The power to nullify laws after they are passed is not his.
4. I want the healthcare debate to continue. It won't under Obama even though he has said this is just the beginning. Obama wants to keep Obama care how it is. I don't.
5. Obama has voted 3 times to allow an abortion to continue after the fetus was born on accident during an abortion.
6. He tells big fat lies and diliberatly misleads the American people. He spends more time trying to convince people he is doing a good job rather than trying to do a good job. He is like a three year trying to help his dad fix the furnace who says, "I'm just trying to help," but offers no solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd vote for the old Mitt Romney. Who was a moderate on the privacy issues and moderately conservative on economic ones. I think that's where his heart is, but it infuriates me that he chose to suck up to the religious right to get the nomination. And now, he seems to be moving back to the center. I don't think Obama has done that badly. He's been quite good for the stock market, and I'm doing much better than I was 4 years ago. There's still a month to go, but as of now, I'll stay with Obama. I see no reason to vote for someone who's flip-flopping all over the place.

BTW: This thread should be moved to AP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

But they don't want to win this one.

My hypothesis, as soon as I saw the candidates for the Republican ticket, was that the GOP knew that beating Obama would be tough, and even if they did they'd inherit the rest of the crapstorm that Obama got from Bush. So they put out a bunch of whackos. Viable candidates perhaps, but extreme or inept ones. So they lose this time. Obama has to deal with all the economic and foreign policy issues that are at the forefront right now. But they still win in the senate and/or congress, because while people won't vote for a whacko Republican president, they will vote for Republicans in other areas if they're displeased with how the Democrats have done. So, Republicans can make life difficult for Obama, prevent him from doing things, and make him look like a failure. When the next election comes around, they can put forth a much more moderate Republican candidate who will assuage the fear of an extreme right-wing candidate.

Basically, the Republicans know there's no way to fix everything up over the next four years, so they'll let their opponents take ownership of it. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Cain, Bachmann; none of them are legit. They're placeholders for the next four years. Then a viable Republican candidate will show up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These two would have made a great ticket. They're Republicans for the thinking man (and woman.)

john_huntsman_0511.jpg

rice.jpg

:thumbsup:

I've wondered why they didn't pair Rice with McCain instead of Palin. Maybe they didn't want any perceived connection to the Bush years? Or maybe she didn't want the job?

If her memoir is any indication, she didn't want the job.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why do people illegally blame it all on Bush, not Clinton?

We have freedom of speech so blaming "it" on whoever you like isn't against the law. That said Bush's final year in office sent the US spiraling into debt and economic crisis, Clinton managed to take a sluggish economy and push it further ahead. Some of this is to his credit, some is due to economic factors he had little control over. The bottom line is when Bush started his presidency the economy was strong and the future bright...when he ended his presidency, we had begun the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Republicans are all too aware of this, that's why we don't see Bush out giving speeches in support of Romney. Republicans would rather the public just forgets about Bush's presidency and how we got into this mess in the first place.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.