Romantic Ideas [for men]

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know, I have really bounced the Love Language thing around and we have never done it either for this reason. I have seen many people use it to show their spouse how to treat them better, instead of using it to show me how to better treat my spouse. I think it could be a great tool, as long as no one gets resentful when one's spouse doesn't do your love language all the time. I think part of being married is learning to recognize my husband's giving language, and learning to receive what he is giving, rather than demanding that he change the way he gives or serves. On the other hand it would be interesting to see what a test would show for him, but I have found that he is appreciative of the different ways that I show love to him. I wouldn't want to find one thing that is his main love language, and stop or diminish the rest, you know?

I totally agree. Im not a fan of Love Language, because of the way it is mis-employed, as you rightly indicate

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I totally agree. Im not a fan of Love Language, because of the way it is mis-employed, as you rightly indicate

The thing is nearly any concept intended to help marriages can be mis-applied or misused in a negative way. The LL concept is no more or less sound than pretty much anything else out there, it's all in the application.

Upvote 0