US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here are the opening statements of Paul's letter to the Romans. It sets the stage to define the purpose of this letter.

Romans 1 (CLV)

1 Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, a called apostle, severed for the evangel of God" 2 (which He promises before through His prophets in the holy scriptures), 3 concerning His Son (Who comes of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 Who is designated Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection of the dead), 5 Jesus Christ, our Lord, through Whom we obtained grace and apostleship for faith-obedience among all the nations, for His name's sake,

Let's break this down; and look at it carefully. We obtain grace through Yahshua. Grace for what purpose? To continue breaking YHWH's law?

No!

Then for what purpose?

For obedience through faith.

Obedience to what?

YHWH's Law.

Yes, not that it is within the ability of our flesh to keep it; but through faith that YHWH (Yah) will save (shua) his people through Yahshua.

Obedience through faith.

When we come into faith, we are granted grace; thereby obedience becomes the fruit of that faith, for his name's sake.

6 among whom are you also, the called of Jesus Christ:" 7 to all who are in Rome, beloved by God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Notice: Paul wrote this letter to all in Rome. This has nothing to do with geneolgy.

8 First, indeed, I am thanking my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, that your faith is being announced in the whole world." 9 For God is my Witness, to Whom I am offering divine service in my spirit in the evangel of His Son, how unintermittingly I am making mention of you always in my prayers" 10 beseeching, if somehow, sometime, at length I shall be prospered, in the will of God, to come to you." 11 For I am longing to see you, that I may be sharing some spiritual grace with you, for you to be established:" 12 yet this is to be consoled together among you through one another's faith, both yours and mine." 13 Now I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that often I purposed to come to you (and was prevented hitherto) that I should be having some fruit among you also, according as among the rest of the nations." 14 To both Greeks and barbarians, to both wise and foolish, a debtor am I." 15 Thus this eagerness of mine to bring the evangel to you also, who are in Rome." 16 For not ashamed am I of the evangel, for it is God's power for salvation to everyone who is believing - to the Jew first, and to the Greek as well."

(CLV) Jn 5:47
Now if you are not believing his writings, how shall you be believing My declarations?"

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.

17 For in it God's righteousness is being revealed, out of faith for faith, according as it is written: "Now the just one by faith shall be living."

What is righteousness?

It's obedience to YHWH's law.

righteous adjective
righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs
Definition of righteous
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Again, obedience to YHWH's law, is the fruit of faith. According to Paul, who is quoting Habakkuk, this is way that we are to live. It's not simply a belief; it's a lifestyle.

JUST adjective
legally correct : lawful
Definition of JUST

18 For God's indignation is being revealed from heaven on all the irreverence and injustice of men who are retaining the truth in injustice,

Here Paul constrasts those who practice lawlessness, with those of obedience.

What is the truth?

(CLV) Ps 119:142
Your righteousness is eonian righteousness, And Your law is truth.

YHWH gets annoyed by the lawless.

19 because that which is known of God is apparent among them, for God manifests it to them." 20 For His invisible attributes are descried from the creation of the world, being apprehended by His achievements, besides His imperceptible power and divinity, for them to be defenseless, 21 because, knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened is their unintelligent heart." 22 Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid, 23 and they change the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of a corruptible human being and flying creatures and quadrupeds and reptiles. 24 Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among themselves, 25 those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" 26 Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature." 27 Likewise also the males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be." 28 And according as they do not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting, 29 filled with all injustice, wickedness, evil, greed, distended with envy, murder, strife, guile, depravity, whisperers, 30 vilifiers, detesters of God, outragers, proud, ostentatious, inventors of evil things, stubborn to parents, 31 unintelligent, perfidious, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"

All of the examples above are not explicititly mentioned in the Two Great Commandments. The Two great Commandments are a summary of the Decalogue. All of the examples above are not explicititly mentioned in the Decalogue. The Decalogue is a summary of YHWH's law given through Moses. The law given through Moses is a summary of the law that YHWH, has written on the hearts of those whom he has given faith.

32 those who, recognizing the just statute of God, that those committing such things are deserving of death, not only are doing them, but are endorsing, also, those who are committing them."

The Law of Sin and Death

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
The Law of My Mind (Ch 7)
The Law of Sin (Sin's Law) (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)
The Spirit's Law of Life (Ch 8)
The Law of Sin and Death (Ch 8)
The Law of Righteousness (Ch 9)

Romans Chapter 2

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are the opening staements of Paul's letter to the Romans. It sets the stage to define the purpose of this letter.

Romans 1 (CLV

1 Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, a called apostle, severed for the evangel of God" 2 (which He promises before through His prophets in the holy scriptures), 3 concerning His Son (Who comes of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 Who is designated Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection of the dead), 5 Jesus Christ, our Lord, through Whom we obtained grace and apostleship for faith-obedience among all the nations, for His name's sake,

Let's break this down; and look at it carefully. We obtain grace through Yahshua. Grace for what? Breaking YHWH's law?

No.

For obedience.

Obedience of what? YHWH's law.

Yes, not that it is within the ability of our flesh to keep it; but through faith that YHWH (Yah) will save (shua) his people through Yahshua.

Obedience through faith.

When we come into faith, we are granted grace; thereby obedience becomes the fruit of that faith, for his name's sake.

6 among whom are you also, the called of Jesus Christ:" 7 to all who are in Rome, beloved by God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Notice: Paul wrote this letter to all in Rome. This has nothing to do with geneolgy.

8 First, indeed, I am thanking my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, that your faith is being announced in the whole world." 9 For God is my Witness, to Whom I am offering divine service in my spirit in the evangel of His Son, how unintermittingly I am making mention of you always in my prayers" 10 beseeching, if somehow, sometime, at length I shall be prospered, in the will of God, to come to you." 11 For I am longing to see you, that I may be sharing some spiritual grace with you, for you to be established:" 12 yet this is to be consoled together among you through one another's faith, both yours and mine." 13 Now I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that often I purposed to come to you (and was prevented hitherto) that I should be having some fruit among you also, according as among the rest of the nations." 14 To both Greeks and barbarians, to both wise and foolish, a debtor am I." 15 Thus this eagerness of mine to bring the evangel to you also, who are in Rome." 16 For not ashamed am I of the evangel, for it is God's power for salvation to everyone who is believing - to the Jew first, and to the Greek as well." 17 For in it God's righteousness is being revealed, out of faith for faith, according as it is written: "Now the just one by faith shall be living."

What is righteousness?

righteous adjective
righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs
Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Again, obedience to YHWH's law, is the fruit of faith. According to Paul, who is quoting Habakkuk, this is way that we are to live. It's not simply a belief; it's a lifestyle.

JUST adjective
Definition of JUST

18 For God's indignation is being revealed from heaven on all the irreverence and injustice of men who are retaining the truth in injustice,

What is the truth?

YHWH get annoyed by the lawless.

19 because that which is known of God is apparent among them, for God manifests it to them." 20 For His invisible attributes are descried from the creation of the world, being apprehended by His achievements, besides His imperceptible power and divinity, for them to be defenseless, 21 because, knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened is their unintelligent heart." 22 Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid, 23 and they change the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of a corruptible human being and flying creatures and quadrupeds and reptiles. 24 Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among themselves, 25 those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" 26 Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature." 27 Likewise also the males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be." 28 And according as they do not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting, 29 filled with all injustice, wickedness, evil, greed, distended with envy, murder, strife, guile, depravity, whisperers, 30 vilifiers, detesters of God, outragers, proud, ostentatious, inventors of evil things, stubborn to parents, 31 unintelligent, perfidious, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:" 32 those who, recognizing the just statute of God, that those committing such things are deserving of death, not only are doing them, but are endorsing, also, those who are committing them."

All of the examples above are not explicititly mentioned in the Two Great Commandments. The Two great Commandments are a summary of the Decalogue. All of the examples above are not explicititly mentioned in the Decalogue. The Decalogue is a summary of YHWH's law given through Moses. The law given through Moses is a summary of the law that YHWH, has written on the hearts of those whom he has given faith.
Paul also says it is by grace, through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2.8-9).

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Paul also says it is by grace, through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2.8-9).

I haven't finished with Romans yet. I will get to Ephesians in a future series; but certainly you aren't saying that Paul is contradicting himself. No?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I haven't finished with Romans yet. I will get to Ephesians in a future series; but certainly you aren't saying that Paul is contradicting himself. No?
No I'm not; I don't see either that law-keeping is ever part of Paul's scheme for a person's salvation.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No I'm not; I don't see either that law-keeping is ever part of Paul's scheme for a person's salvation.

Maybe because that's not what I wrote?

Did you even read the OP?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Here are the opening staements of Paul's letter to the Romans. It sets the stage to define the purpose of this letter.

Romans 1 (CLV)

Let's break this down; and look at it carefully. We obtain grace through Yahshua. Grace for what? Breaking YHWH's law?

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

8 First, indeed, I am thanking my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, that your faith is being announced in the whole world." 9 For God is my Witness, to Whom I am offering divine service in my spirit in the evangel of His Son, how unintermittingly I am making mention of you always in my prayers" 10 beseeching, if somehow, sometime, at length I shall be prospered, in the will of God, to come to you." 11 For I am longing to see you, that I may be sharing some spiritual grace with you, for you to be established:" 12 yet this is to be consoled together among you through one another's faith, both yours and mine." 13 Now I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that often I purposed to come to you (and was prevented hitherto) that I should be having some fruit among you also, according as among the rest of the nations." 14 To both Greeks and barbarians, to both wise and foolish, a debtor am I." 15 Thus this eagerness of mine to bring the evangel to you also, who are in Rome." 16 For not ashamed am I of the evangel, for it is God's power for salvation to everyone who is believing - to the Jew first, and to the Greek as well." 17 For in it God's righteousness is being revealed, out of faith for faith, according as it is written: "Now the just one by faith shall be living."

What is righteousness?

righteous adjective
righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs
Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

JUST adjective
Definition of JUST

What is the truth?

19 because that which is known of God is apparent among them, for God manifests it to them." 20 For His invisible attributes are descried from the creation of the world, being apprehended by His achievements, besides His imperceptible power and divinity, for them to be defenseless, 21 because, knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened is their unintelligent heart." 22 Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid, 23 and they change the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of a corruptible human being and flying creatures and quadrupeds and reptiles. 24 Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among themselves, 25 those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" 26 Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature." 27 Likewise also the males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be." 28 And according as they do not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting, 29 filled with all injustice, wickedness, evil, greed, distended with envy, murder, strife, guile, depravity, whisperers, 30 vilifiers, detesters of God, outragers, proud, ostentatious, inventors of evil things, stubborn to parents, 31 unintelligent, perfidious, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:" 32 those who, recognizing the just statute of God, that those committing such things are deserving of death, not only are doing them, but are endorsing, also, those who are committing them."

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 2Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.…" Galatians 3:"24-25

"We know that a man is not justified by works of the Law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law no one will be justified." Galatians 2:16

Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, and for anyone else who is averse to sound teaching… 1 Timothy 1:8-10

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 of[URL='https://biblehub.com/greek/1063.htm']For in Christ Jesus the law the[/URL] Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,…" Romans 8: 2&3

The Law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship . Hebrews 10:1

The Law is neither God's righteousness or the power to obey the Law. When Lord Jesus preached the sermon on the mount, He made it clear that just obeying the Law was entirely insufficient. The Pharisees did that. They were self-righteous, they rejected the Son of God and they hated those who accepted Christ. Christians live under an entirely new principle, the Spirit of Life in Christ. That principle (law) supersedes the principle of sin and death. If a Christian is walking in the Spirit, he will be expressing the fruits of the Spirit. He will not need to pore over the Bible to work out what law he might be breaking. His conscience and intuition will lead him. His righteousness far exceeds that of the Pharisee. His righteousness is Christ Himself.

It is no longer a matter of rules and regulations, unless you are yet to receive Christ.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
5 Jesus Christ, our Lord, through Whom we obtained grace and apostleship for faith-obedience among all the nations, for His name's sake,

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

"Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 2Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.…" Galatians 3:"24-25

5 Jesus Christ, our Lord, through Whom we obtained grace and apostleship for faith-obedience among all the nations, for His name's sake,

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

"We know that a man is not justified by works of the Law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law no one will be justified." Galatians 2:16

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, and for anyone else who is averse to sound teaching… 1 Timothy 1:8-10

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 ofFor in Christ Jesus the law the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,…" Romans 8: 2&3

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here are the opening statements of Paul's letter to the Romans. It sets the stage to define the purpose of this letter.

Romans 1 (CLV)

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

Rom 1:1 ¶Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Hark, your commentary about the law is blocking the truth about the gospel. The purpose of Paul's letter is to preach the gospel of God.
Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Hark, notice that "we" received grace and apostleship" in this context it's talking about preachers of the gospel. So, "obedience to the faith" in this context is related to them preaching the gospel.
Rom 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
"You" are called from their preaching.

To be continued

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Romans 1 (CLV)

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

What is righteousness?

righteous adjective
righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs
Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

JUST adjective
Definition of JUST

What is the truth?

Romans Chapter 2
Wow, what a missed opportunity. It's so obvious that God has not called you to teach these scriptures. Your commentary in red should be to explain what Paul is saying in this chapter. What we read is your agenda to teach obedience to the law, rather than your understanding of these verses.
The most important text in this chapter is Rom1:16
Rom 1:16¶ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Paul is saying here that I'm not ashamed to tell you that the gospel is all about Jesus and what He has done for us. It is God way (power) to save the world. It's firstly to the Jews, to whom God promised the new covenant and secondly, it's to non-Jews, (everybody else)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Rom 1:1 ¶Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Hark, your commentary about the law is blocking the truth about the gospel. The purpose of Paul's letter is to preach the gospel of God.

The gospel of YHWH is the Torah.

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Hark, notice that "we" received grace and apostleship" in this context it's talking about preachers of the gospel. So, "obedience to the faith" in this context is related to them preaching the gospel.

Yes we (those of us who receive grace and apostleship) do so though obedience to YHWH's law, through faith that YHWH's word is true.

I'm pleased to see that you are beginning to understand. Glory to YHWH!

Rom 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
"You" are called from their preaching.

Rom 1:6 Among whom are ye also The Called of Yahshua Ha'Mashiach

I am of The Called Ones. Are you?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your commentary in red should be to explain what Paul is saying in this chapter

It does.

What we read is your agenda to teach obedience to the law

That's YHWH's agenda. That was Yahshua's mission. Paul followed in Yahshua's footsteps. So do I. I'm not teaching anything. I'm sorting through what scripture says in context of obedience to YHWH.

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Ha'Mashiach; and all ye are brethren.

Glory to YHWH!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Romans 1 (CLV)

No.

For obedience.

Obedience through faith.

What is righteousness?

righteous adjective
righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs
Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

JUST adjective
Definition of JUST

What is the truth?

19 because that which is known of God is apparent among them, for God manifests it to them." 20 For His invisible attributes are descried from the creation of the world, being apprehended by His achievements, besides His imperceptible power and divinity, for them to be defenseless, 21 because, knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened is their unintelligent heart." 22 Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid, 23 and they change the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of a corruptible human being and flying creatures and quadrupeds and reptiles. 24 Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among themselves, 25 those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" 26 Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature." 27 Likewise also the males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be." 28 And according as they do not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting, 29 filled with all injustice, wickedness, evil, greed, distended with envy, murder, strife, guile, depravity, whisperers, 30 vilifiers, detesters of God, outragers, proud, ostentatious, inventors of evil things, stubborn to parents, 31 unintelligent, perfidious, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"

32 those who, recognizing the just statute of God, that those committing such things are deserving of death, not only are doing them, but are endorsing, also, those who are committing them."

The Law of Sin and Death

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
The Law of My Mind (Ch 7)
The Law of Sin (Sin's Law) (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)
The Spirit's Law of Life (Ch 8)
The Law of Sin and Death (Ch 8)
The Law of Righteousness (Ch 9)

Romans Chapter 2
Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

copyChkboxOff.gif
Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

copyChkboxOff.gif
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

copyChkboxOff.gif
Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

copyChkboxOff.gif
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3 (CLV)

1 O foolish Galatians! Who bewitches you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was graphically crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you get the spirit by works of law or by hearing of faith?

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

3 So foolish are you? Undertaking in spirit, are you now being completed in flesh? 4 So much did you suffer feignedly? Since, surely, it also is feignedly!" 5 He, then, who is supplying you with the spirit, and operating works of power among you-did you get the spirit by works of law or by the hearing of faith, 6 according as Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness?

(CLV) Gn 26:5
inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works a man is being justified, and not by faith only.

MORE: Paul on the Law: Galatians 3

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hark
It's obvious that your commentary of Rom 1 is saying that grace is given to those who are obedient to the righteousness of the law.
That is not what Paul is teaching here or anywhere in the scriptures.
I posted Gal 3 to show you that Paul distinguishes the works of the law from the works of faith.
You posted James as saying that faith without works is dead.
It should be clear that James is not talking about works of the law, but rather the works of faith.
Your definition of righteousness is strictly in reference to the law.
Gal 3 explains Abraham's work was not about the law, that caused God to declare Him as righteous.
Your argument oppose the scripture explaining that the law came 430yrs after Abraham. Scriptures explains; if Abraham had the law then the promise would be void if it was conditioned on keeping the law. Not only do you reject the truth as it's written, you oppose and confuse it.
Rom 3:21-31 is about God's New covenant which is righteousness apart from the law. You intend to argue that verse 31 supports your argument.
Your techniques are exposed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Hark
It's obvious that your commentary of Rom 1 is saying that grace is given to those who are obedient to the righteousness of the law.
That is not what Paul is teaching here or anywhere in the scriptures.
I posted Gal 3 to show you that Paul distinguishes the works of the law from the works of faith.
You posted James as saying that faith without works is dead.
It should be clear that James is not talking about works of the law, but rather the works of faith.
Your definition of righteousness is strictly in reference to the law.
Gal 3 explains Abraham's work was not about the law, that caused God to declare Him as righteous.
Your argument oppose the scripture explaining that the law came 430yrs after Abraham. Scriptures explains; if Abraham had the law then the promise would be void if it was conditioned on keeping the law. Not only do you reject the truth as it's written, you oppose and confuse it.
Rom 3:21-31 is about God's New covenant which is righteousness apart from the law. You intend to argue that verse 31 supports your argument.
It is the chicken before the egg argument. Does grace bring you to obedience? or does obedience bring you grace?

Upvote 0