Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please explain you how you can deny that there are two classes of law in light of these verses:

Romans 7:21-25
21 I find, then, the law, that when I desire to do what is right, with me the evil is present,

22 for I delight in the law of God according to the inward man,

23 and I behold another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of the sin that [is] in my members.

24 A wretched man I [am]! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?

25 I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord; so then, I myself indeed with the mind do serve the law of God, and with the flesh, the law of sin.
After some more study, and prayer, I'm going to start calling the "law of sin" the "human nature".
Thankfully, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has freed me from the human nature.
I have a divine nature now.
This does further prove my prior post about most of Rom 7 is a remembrance of Paul's time in the flesh, before he started his walk in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

imMD

Jun 18, 2019
California
✟17,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, just jumping in late . . .

I'm of the view that Paul is elaborating on the conflict he mentions in . . .

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

I would ask the question, is this true of the believer throughout their life, or does it stop being true at some point?

I see this as showing a condition we exist in, and that we have a flesh, and we have a spirit, or the Spirit, and these two are in conflict, "against the flesh", "against the spirit", from kata, against, that is, to put down.

So that when we are reborn, we are a new creation, spirit children of God, inhabiting our corrupted bodies of flesh, with the corrupted mind of the flesh.

But while this chapter describes the resistance from our flesh, which always serves sin, chapter 6 teaches very powerfully our freedom from sin, that we are to live unto God even as Jesus did in this world.

We can. But we have an enemy, our former selves.

Much love!
mark

Upvote 0