www.abbafather.co
✟16,459.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 16:25,26 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

The correct revelation of the Mystery of Christ that was newly revealed to the Apostle Paul directly by the glorified Lord Christ Jesus. Romans 16:25 is entirely new truths spoke by the Lord to Paul, which the Lord never spoke to anyone before in time. The word 'stablish' is correctly translated to give the truth meaning to stabilize the new believer. This 'stablish' is the foundation stabilizer for the the initial doctrines that Paul and Christ manifest inside the book of Romans.

The mystery is a unique and distinctive message for the Body of Christ members today.

Abba Father - The Hope of Glory

It is a message that is absolutely different from anything that was preached before it and from anything that will be preached after it. The revelation of the mystery is in a class by itself, and certainly is not to be mixed with any other gospel or thought to be part of any other gospel.

Today, God desires each and every believer-saint to heed and understand the teaching of God to specifically “make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” which Christ revealed to the apostle Paul in the epistles. A proper understanding of what it is that God is specifically doing today with His saints proceeds a effectual sanctification walk of faith. It must be recognized that today God is functioning predominately inside the spirit of man / woman in order to mature each believer in love and sanctification walk. In order to know God's will today each believer must know what the program of instruction is from God today. The book of Romans provides that introduction regarding the core sound Bible doctrines that pertain to the members of the Body of Christ today. A key revelation of the body of truths that were revealed in this book pertain to the revelation of the mystery.

The revelation of the mystery was given to Apostle Paul by the Risen and Glorified Lord Jesus Christ and is the most important message in the world today. Today's organized church and its many denominations would be much stronger if its members would take a stand for the truths revealed by Christ the Lord that are presented contained in Paul's writings. Christ revealed that today, after His resurrection, that believers are not to mix grace with law. I would ask each reader to prayerfully heed and seriously consider the message which Christ the LORD revealed to His apostle Paul.

Why is it called the Mystery?

1. Because it was kept secret. Romans 16:25 "---- the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began."

2. Because it was hid in God. Ephesians 3:9 "--- the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God ----"

3. Because it was hid from ages and from generations. Col.1:26 "even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations --"

Ephesians 3:5 "which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men --"

Here are three Biblical reasons why this revelation is called a mystery. It was kept secret, it was hid in God, and it was hid from ages and generations.

The word "mystery" means secret, and as it is used in the Bible, it means a "SACRED SECRET". But used with the article, it is called The Mystery or The Sacred Secret. This sets it apart from all other messages that God has revealed to mankind in the Bible.

Since it was kept secret, hid in God, This mystery cannot be found in the Old Testament. A phrase in Ephesians 3:8 "---- the unsearchable riches of Christ" also testifies to this fact. "Unseachable" means untraceable; that is, these riches of Christ that Paul talks about cannot be traced anywhere else in the Bible except in Paul's writings to the Body of Christ Church.

The mystery is mentioned at least six other verses which Christ revealed directly to Paul:

Ephesians 1:9 "Having made known unto us the Mystery of His will --"

Ephesians 3:3 "-- He made known unto me The Mystery --"

Ephesians 3:4 " -- ye may understand my knowledge in the Mystery of Christ"

Ephesians 6:19 " -- to make known The Mystery of the Gospel."

Colossians 4:3 " -- to speak the Mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds."

1 Timothy 3:9 " Holding The Mystery of the Faith in a pure conscience."

Why Did God Deal with A Secret?

In Romans chapter 9-11 God gives the realization and fact that the Nation of Israel would persist in rebellion. This was no surprise to God nor to His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. God know all along what Israel and the children of Israel would do, so He prepared another program of grace. Yes, God did in fact provide grace to the nation of Israel, but this grace was specifically intermixed with the Law of Moses. Now this new program of God's grace was setup with no intermixing with the Law of Moses. Christ Jesus established this new program with a new apostle for this grace. But God was gracious to Israel to ensure that this new apostle of this grace program would also first come out of the genealogy of Israel, not to insult Israel. But did it surprise Israel? Israel's prophets of old searched the scriptures for what God would do and when He would accomplish it. God's new program was planned before the foundation of the world, but no revelation by God was ever revealed to any of Israel's prophets, not even the greatest of them: Moses. This grace program was “kept secret”, Romans 16:25, and was “hid in God”, Ephesians 3:9, until the appointed time. Today this grace is God's program for all saints, Jew or Gentile.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

Throughout the Gospels of the Lord's earthly ministry, Peter was never revealed this mystery. God did reveal kingdom mystery truths inside many of His parables to teach Israel about kingdom living and kingdom values which He was bringing to this nation. Peter and the twelve Jewish disciples & apostles preached only to the nation of Israel; Jesus the Lord only preached to the nation of Israel. The program of grace and Moses Law that Jesus preached was fully know inside the Old Testament Scriptures: even “God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began”, Acts 3:21. But that which the apostle Paul speaks was “kept secret since the world began”, Romans 16:24. It is also true that the Lord spoke of things “which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world”, but the Lord said that these secrets were revealed “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet”. Spoken by the prophets! The mystery program that God revealed to Paul was NEVER spoken by the prophets!!! That IS the difference in these two programs of grace.

Matthew 13:34,35 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world

Look at what God reveals to Paul to write in Ephesians:

Ephesians 3:2-5 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you- ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit

This mystery was made know not for the salvation of the Gentiles, Romans 15:12, but for the Body of Christ in which both Gentiles and Jews would have equal standing with God.

To whom was this mystery revealed?

This mystery was revealed to the apostle Paul. He was the ONLY apostle to be taught the mystery which was personally revealed to him by the Lord Jesus Christ. The Gospel of the Kingdom had twelve disciples and apostles, but the revelation of the mystery had only one apostle, whom Christ choose after His resurrection, in like manner as how Jesus choose His twelve Jewish disciples. The choice by the Lord Jesus Christ is clear in multiple scriptures, including Galatians 1, 2, Colossians 1, Ephesians 2, 3, Acts 20:

Galatians 2:7, ".. the gospel of the uncircumcision was COMMITTED UNTO ME .."

Ephesians 3:2, ".. which is given me to you-ward"

Colossians 1:25, ".. which is given to me for you..",

Galatians 1:11,"..the gospel which was preached of me.."

Acts 20:24 "--so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel of the Grace of God."

Eph.3:7 "Whereof I was made a minister --"

Col.1:23,25 "-- the hope of the gospel which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister --- Whereof I am made a minister --"

The Lord Jesus Christ made a important and unique revelation to Paul regarding His mystery. A very important rule should be seen, which is when Paul writes about RECEIVING this message from Christ he writes in the SINGULAR, and when he writes in the PLURAL, for others labored with him.

Paul's APOSTLESHIP did not come from men nor from the twelve Jewish disciples, on the contrary, God sent His Son the Lord Jesus Christ to reveal it to His chosen apostle of the Gentiles:

Galatians 1:15, 16, " But when it pleased God, who SEPARATED me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might PREACH Him among the heathen".

Galatians 2:8, "For He that wrought effectually in Peter to the Apostleship of the Circumcision, THE SAME was MIGHTY IN ME toward the Gentiles."

Acts 9:15, "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he (Saul-Paul) is a CHOSEN vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel."

Paul was called to be THE Apostle to the Gentiles. He says he was a teacher, an Apostle, a preacher, and a minister to the Gentiles.

Did any of the twelve claim that they had a ministry to the Gentiles?

1 Tim.2:7, "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an Apostle (I speak the truth in Christ and lie not), a TEACHER of the GENTILES in faith and verity."

2 Tim.1:11, "Whereunto I am appointed a PREACHER, and an Apostle, and a TEACHER of the GENTILES."

Acts 26:16,17 "... to make thee a MINISTER and a witness ... delivering thee from the people and from the GENTILES, unto WHOM now I send thee."

Romans 11:13, "For I speak to you GENTILES, inasmuch as I am The Apostle of the GENTILES, I MAGNIFY mine office."

Romans 15:16, "That I should be the MINISTER of Jesus Christ to the GENTILES..."

These scriptures reveal some amazing truths. The twelve Jewish disciples were to go to the Gentiles AFTER the Nation of Israel had repented (Acts 1:8 with Isaiah 48:20). BUT ISRAEL DID NOT REPENT !! Therefore, the Gentiles are now being saved through their FALL (Israel) (see Romans 11:11,12), and this, by the Gospel of the Grace of God revealed to the Apostle Paul.

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So is the basic mystery "don't mix law and grace"? I don't necessarily disagree with the post itself (the passages seem to well-enough support the uniqueness being proposed), I'm confessing that I'm not understanding the "unique and distinctive message" as clearly and fully as perhaps presented in the post itself.

Upvote 0

bibledoctrine

Saint Son of my Father
Jul 30, 2011
www.abbafather.co
✟16,459.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ask the question to oneself, who did Jesus the Son of Man; Jesus the Messiah (Christ) preach to? Jesus ministry was prophetic. Many of Jesus' own words and His actions were clearly prophetic fulfillments, Amen. Yet, to whom did Jesus say that He was sent to to preach?

What does Jesus say in the Gospel of Matthew:

Matthew 10:5,6,7 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand

Matthew 15:22-24 behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

Since Jesus Himself said: I am NOT sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel, then He was preaching a "not-unique and not-distinctive message" of the Kingdom which was fully known in prophecy writings. Israel and the Hebrew people were in fact looking and waiting for Messiah to bring them the Kingdom. They were looking because the prophetic books of God's Word clearly communicated these Kingdom truths; which is why they expected it. This was common knowledge by both learned men of Israel and base men, such as many of the Jewish disciples. Jesus's preaching was not a mystery to them; they all know about a coming (promised) Messiah and some of them recognized that the ministry of Jesus was a fulfillment of many Old Testament prophecies.

The unique and distinctive message of God's grace apart from any specific Old Testament prophetic utterance was the fellowship of the mystery that was completely hid in God, see Ephesians 3:

Ephesians 3:8,9,10 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God

This mystery that Christ Jesus the Lord now reveals to the Apostle Paul has several key components:

1) the unsearchable riches of Christ
2) the fellowship of the mystery
3) hid in God
4) WHEN DID GOD HID IT? from the beginning of the world
5) A NEW TIMEFRAME: To the intent that now... might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God

Jesus did not preach an unsearchable gospel; He further explained His Word that spake regarding Him and His purpose to bring the Kingdom to Israel.

Jesus did not preach a fellowship of a mystery. His teachings were prophetic fulfillments that were clearly understood even before He was born of the virgin. His people fully expected a Messiah.

Jesus never hid things from Israel. His Oracle were all clear and already spoken. Some of the details of the Kingdom were further explained by Him during His earthly ministry.

Jesus from the beginning of the world provided His Oracle to Israel. Nothing hidden.

All these 5-key components, the Lord Christ Jesus revealed to the Apostle Paul new things that he never revealed in any prophetic Oracles to Israel. This forms that unique and distinctive message of God's grace apart from any Old Testament prophetic utterance to Israel.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 16:25,26 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

The correct revelation of the Mystery of Christ that was newly revealed to the Apostle Paul directly by the glorified Lord Christ Jesus. Romans 16:25 is entirely new truths spoke by the Lord to Paul, which the Lord never spoke to anyone before in time. The word 'stablish' is correctly translated to give the truth meaning to stabilize the new believer. This 'stablish' is the foundation stabilizer for the the initial doctrines that Paul and Christ manifest inside the book of Romans.

The mystery is a unique and distinctive message for the Body of Christ members today.

It is a message that is absolutely different from anything that was preached before it and from anything that will be preached after it. The revelation of the mystery is in a class by itself, and certainly is not to be mixed with any other gospel or thought to be part of any other gospel.

Today, God desires each and every believer-saint to heed and understand the teaching of God to specifically “make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” which Christ revealed to the apostle Paul in the epistles. A proper understanding of what it is that God is specifically doing today with His saints proceeds a effectual sanctification walk of faith. It must be recognized that today God is functioning predominately inside the spirit of man / woman in order to mature each believer in love and sanctification walk. In order to know God's will today each believer must know what the program of instruction is from God today. The book of Romans provides that introduction regarding the core sound Bible doctrines that pertain to the members of the Body of Christ today. A key revelation of the body of truths that were revealed in this book pertain to the revelation of the mystery.

The revelation of the mystery was given to Apostle Paul by the Risen and Glorified Lord Jesus Christ and is the most important message in the world today. Today's organized church and its many denominations would be much stronger if its members would take a stand for the truths revealed by Christ the Lord that are presented contained in Paul's writings. Christ revealed that today, after His resurrection, that believers are not to mix grace with law. I would ask each reader to prayerfully heed and seriously consider the message which Christ the LORD revealed to His apostle Paul.

1. Because it was kept secret. Romans 16:25 "---- the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began."

2. Because it was hid in God. Ephesians 3:9 "--- the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God ----"

3. Because it was hid from ages and from generations. Col.1:26 "even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations --"

Here are three Biblical reasons why this revelation is called a mystery. It was kept secret, it was hid in God, and it was hid from ages and generations.

The word "mystery" means secret, and as it is used in the Bible, it means a "SACRED SECRET". But used with the article, it is called The Mystery or The Sacred Secret. This sets it apart from all other messages that God has revealed to mankind in the Bible.

Since it was kept secret, hid in God, This mystery cannot be found in the Old Testament. A phrase in Ephesians 3:8 "---- the unsearchable riches of Christ" also testifies to this fact. "Unseachable" means untraceable; that is, these riches of Christ that Paul talks about cannot be traced anywhere else in the Bible except in Paul's writings to the Body of Christ Church.

The mystery is mentioned at least six other verses which Christ revealed directly to Paul:

Colossians 4:3 " -- to speak the Mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds."

In Romans chapter 9-11 God gives the realization and fact that the Nation of Israel would persist in rebellion. This was no surprise to God nor to His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. God know all along what Israel and the children of Israel would do, so He prepared another program of grace. Yes, God did in fact provide grace to the nation of Israel, but this grace was specifically intermixed with the Law of Moses. Now this new program of God's grace was setup with no intermixing with the Law of Moses. Christ Jesus established this new program with a new apostle for this grace. But God was gracious to Israel to ensure that this new apostle of this grace program would also first come out of the genealogy of Israel, not to insult Israel. But did it surprise Israel? Israel's prophets of old searched the scriptures for what God would do and when He would accomplish it. God's new program was planned before the foundation of the world, but no revelation by God was ever revealed to any of Israel's prophets, not even the greatest of them: Moses. This grace program was “kept secret”, Romans 16:25, and was “hid in God”, Ephesians 3:9, until the appointed time. Today this grace is God's program for all saints, Jew or Gentile.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

Throughout the Gospels of the Lord's earthly ministry, Peter was never revealed this mystery. God did reveal kingdom mystery truths inside many of His parables to teach Israel about kingdom living and kingdom values which He was bringing to this nation. Peter and the twelve Jewish disciples & apostles preached only to the nation of Israel; Jesus the Lord only preached to the nation of Israel. The program of grace and Moses Law that Jesus preached was fully know inside the Old Testament Scriptures: even “God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began”, Acts 3:21. But that which the apostle Paul speaks was “kept secret since the world began”, Romans 16:24. It is also true that the Lord spoke of things “which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world”, but the Lord said that these secrets were revealed “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet”. Spoken by the prophets! The mystery program that God revealed to Paul was NEVER spoken by the prophets!!! That IS the difference in these two programs of grace.

Matthew 13:34,35 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world

Ephesians 3:2-5 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you- ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit

This mystery was made know not for the salvation of the Gentiles, Romans 15:12, but for the Body of Christ in which both Gentiles and Jews would have equal standing with God.

This mystery was revealed to the apostle Paul. He was the ONLY apostle to be taught the mystery which was personally revealed to him by the Lord Jesus Christ. The Gospel of the Kingdom had twelve disciples and apostles, but the revelation of the mystery had only one apostle, whom Christ choose after His resurrection, in like manner as how Jesus choose His twelve Jewish disciples. The choice by the Lord Jesus Christ is clear in multiple scriptures, including Galatians 1, 2, Colossians 1, Ephesians 2, 3, Acts 20:

Acts 20:24 "--so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel of the Grace of God."

Col.1:23,25 "-- the hope of the gospel which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister --- Whereof I am made a minister --"

The Lord Jesus Christ made a important and unique revelation to Paul regarding His mystery. A very important rule should be seen, which is when Paul writes about RECEIVING this message from Christ he writes in the SINGULAR, and when he writes in the PLURAL, for others labored with him.

Paul's APOSTLESHIP did not come from men nor from the twelve Jewish disciples, on the contrary, God sent His Son the Lord Jesus Christ to reveal it to His chosen apostle of the Gentiles:

Galatians 1:15, 16, " But when it pleased God, who SEPARATED me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might PREACH Him among the heathen".

Galatians 2:8, "For He that wrought effectually in Peter to the Apostleship of the Circumcision, THE SAME was MIGHTY IN ME toward the Gentiles."

Acts 9:15, "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he (Saul-Paul) is a CHOSEN vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel."

Paul was called to be THE Apostle to the Gentiles. He says he was a teacher, an Apostle, a preacher, and a minister to the Gentiles.

1 Tim.2:7, "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an Apostle (I speak the truth in Christ and lie not), a TEACHER of the GENTILES in faith and verity."

2 Tim.1:11, "Whereunto I am appointed a PREACHER, and an Apostle, and a TEACHER of the GENTILES."

Acts 26:16,17 "... to make thee a MINISTER and a witness ... delivering thee from the people and from the GENTILES, unto WHOM now I send thee."

Romans 11:13, "For I speak to you GENTILES, inasmuch as I am The Apostle of the GENTILES, I MAGNIFY mine office."

Romans 15:16, "That I should be the MINISTER of Jesus Christ to the GENTILES..."

These scriptures reveal some amazing truths. The twelve Jewish disciples were to go to the Gentiles AFTER the Nation of Israel had repented (Acts 1:8 with Isaiah 48:20). BUT ISRAEL DID NOT REPENT !! Therefore, the Gentiles are now being saved through their FALL (Israel) (see Romans 11:11,12), and this, by the Gospel of the Grace of God revealed to the Apostle Paul.

Paul said in Romans chapter 9 it was not a "mystery" to Hosea that the Gentiles would be grafted in.

Rom 9:24  even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 
Rom 9:25  As He says also in Hosea: "I WILL CALL THEM MY PEOPLE, WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, AND HER BELOVED, WHO WAS NOT BELOVED." 
Rom 9:26  "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, 'YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,' THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD." 
Rom 9:27  Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, THE REMNANT WILL BE SAVED.

There is only one Gospel, based on Paul's warning found below.
Otherwise he would be condemning Peter and the other Apostles.

Gal 1:6  I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 
Gal 1:7  which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 
Gal 1:8  But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 
Gal 1:9  As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. 
Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

There is only one people of God.

Joh 10:16  And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

A New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34. In Matthew 26:28 the Messiah revealed that He would confirm this New Covenant in His Blood. It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13 and is found applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24. On the Day of Pentecost, Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea" then as "men of Israel" and in Acts 2:36 as "all the house of Israel". On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah chapter 31.

Take a look at Daniel 9:27 in the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. In it you will find that the covenant with the many in the verse is the same covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28.

In Hebrews 8:13 we find that the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete'. God is not going back to the now obsolete Sinai covenant during a future time period of 7 years. If God ripped the temple veil in half on the day of the Cross, who is going to repair it. We find in Hebrews 13:20 that the New Covenant is "everlasting".

If we truly love the Jewish people we need to share the Gospel with them, now.
The "suffering servant" of Isaiah chapter 53, the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah chapter 31, and the timeline of Daniel 9 could be our best tools for showing that the baby born in a manger in Bethlehem was and is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Reactions: Jack Terrence
Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In this verse Paul defined the mystery. Verses before and after are often quoted while ignoring this one.

Eph 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

There is one body, the Church. There is one Gospel.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this verse Paul defined the mystery. Verses before and after are often quoted while ignoring this one.

Eph 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

There is one body, the Church. There is one Gospel.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

Hello @notreligus,

Ephesians 3:6, does tell us the truth concerning, 'The Mystery', I agree: and Ephesians 1:3-5, (that you have quoted) tells us the glorious truths concerning it.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello @bibledoctrine

Thank you for your two entries. I agree that it was to Paul (exclusively) that the revelation concerning the truth of 'The Mystery' (Eph.3:6) was given: and that he was given the privilege of being it's 'Steward': a dispensation of grace (Ephesians 3:2). I agree also that it was, as you say, not the subject of Old Testament Scripture: and was therefore unsearchable.

* However, 'The Mystery of Christ', (Eph.3:4), must be distinguished from, 'The Mystery' (of Eph 3:6) itself; for 'The Mystery of Christ' was not, 'hid in God', but was the subject of Old Testament Prophecy, therefore not unsearchable: but made known to the Apostles and Prophets of the the New Testament (including Paul) [Eph.3:3-5].

* Also the mystery referred to in Romans 16, refers to neither of the above, but to the truth revealed within it's own pages, concerning the believers identification with Christ, in Romans 5:12-8:39. Revealing to the believer (their identification with Christ) in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection: but it took the revelation of God to Paul as His Steward regarding 'The Mystery' (Eph.3:6); to make known the identification of the members of the Body of Christ, with their Lord, in His ascension to God's right hand, in the heavenlies (Eph.2:6).
[see also, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy & Titus].

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

As for me, and please feel free to ignore me......your post is way to long to be read and responded to.
That is just a "me" thing so do not take it personal.

Because you posted the Book, chapter and verse, I will say however that the "Mystery" means that it had not been revealed in the Old Test.

It refers to the present age when God is taking both Jew and Gentile and making them into one body....the Church.

Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0