• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Romans 14:14,15 Did Paul declare all foods clean?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by LittleLambofJesus, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Yes

2. No

3. I am not sure

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    That is why I added the option "other" :wave:

2. Heavens

Heavens Guest

+0
    hey lamb, have you ever noticed, the computer guy on the right, reaches his right hand through the monitor, but slaps his other self with his left hand? That is doctrinally incorrect my brother...

3. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,988
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Don't know if its been mentioned as I haven't read the thread: These things are referred to in the New Testament as being prohibited to believers and are still in effect as far as the Church canons are concerned. We are to abstain from what has been strangled, from blood, and from any food and other things offered to idols.

So, no eating good Indian food at Diwali and no black pudding for me.

Act 15:19-20
    19Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

4. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Ya never heard of identical twins? :D :p

Young] Matt 10:34 Ye may not suppose that I came to put peace on the earth; I did not come to put peace, but a sword;
    35 for I came to set a man at variance against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law,
    36 and the enemies of a man are those of his household.

Twin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A twin is one of two offspring produced in the same pregnancy.[1] Twins can either be identical (in scientific usage, "monozygotic"), meaning that they develop from one zygote that splits and forms two embryos, or fraternal ("dizygotic") because they develop from two separate eggs that are fertilized by two separate sperm.

5. Frogster

Frogster Galatians is the best!

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    and don't eat poison ivy either.:blush:

6. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Clue::preach:
    Usually one can't eat something in a vision.:D JOKE..

Dude, did he mean kill and eat the gentiles? It was a dual meaning vision, he then ate with a roman guard, who was not a proselyte, so he was not under law. read acts 11:3,,they ATE...ATE..., not played poker, ATE...^_^

7. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican

It was in manuscripts, you are worng. I guess all the bibles, that put it in are wrong, FF BRUCE is wrong, JB Lightfood is wrong, aaaand aaaaaall the others scholars are wrong, but you are right?:D

This is a classic case of hoping your thelogy is right, when aaaaalllll the translations that put it are wrong.

New International Version (©1984)
    For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    Food doesn't go into your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer." (By saying this, he declared that every kind of food is acceptable in God's eyes.)

English Standard Version (©2001)
    since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

International Standard Version (©2008)
    Because it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and is expelled as waste." (By this he declared all foods clean.)

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    It doesn't go into his thoughts but into his stomach and then into a toilet." (By saying this, Jesus declared all foods acceptable.)

King James Bible
    Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

American King James Version
    Because it enters not into his heart, but into the belly, and goes out into the draught, purging all meats?

American Standard Version
    because it goeth not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught? This he said , making all meats clean.

Bible in Basic English
    Because it goes not into the heart but into the stomach, and goes out with the waste? He said this, making all food clean.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Because it entereth not into his heart, but goeth into the belly, and goeth out into the privy, purging all meats?

Darby Bible Translation
    because it does not enter into his heart but into his belly, and goes out into the draught, purging all meats?

English Revised Version
    because it goeth not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught? This he said, making all meats clean.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all kinds of food.

Weymouth New Testament
    because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and passes away ejected from him?" By these words Jesus pronounced all kinds of food clean.

World English Bible
    because it doesn't go into his heart, but into his stomach, then into the latrine, thus purifying all foods?"

Young's Literal Translation
    because it doth not enter into his heart, but into the belly, and into the drain it doth go out, purifying all the meats.'

8. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    a bump for Steven:)

9. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    JESUS TOLD PAUL..by the Lord...;)

14 I know and am persuaded in the Lord[/B] Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean.

10. Brak

Brak Newbie

+46
    Presbyterian
    Married

You can eat poison ivy, but you have to sautee it.

11. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    :D

12. Heavens

Heavens Guest

+0
    I would like to eat rattle snake some time, I heard it is pretty good.
    How fitting that Christ has crushed the serpent's head with his heal, that I could now fry it up with fava beans along with a fine chianti :)

13. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    he is a fledgling killer agent starling. jody foster.

14. Brak

Brak Newbie

+46
    Presbyterian
    Married
    It's good to eat rattlesnake once just to say you did. But really it's just overpriced chicken.

I bet that guy on the Travel Channel who faces all those food challenges is a Gentile. :)

15. Frogster

+2,276
    Charismatic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    you are on a roll!:D
    actually there are 2, zimmerman, and that other tall skinny guy.

they eat live beating snake hearts.:eek:

16. Heavens

Heavens Guest

+0
    Yea, I've watched that big boy pound some food down, it is just plain wrong ... I am amazed at how gluttony has become a media hit.
    What's the next tv hit to be centered around another deadly sin I wonder?

17. Brak

Brak Newbie

+46
    Presbyterian
    Married
    There's Dancing with the Stars. They are, after all, dancing. :D

18. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I rather like dancing on the ceiling :)

Young) 1 Kings 6:15 and he buildeth the walls of the house within with beams of cedar, from the floor of the house unto the walls of the ceiling; he hath overlaid with wood the inside, and covereth the floor of the house with ribs of fir.

YouTube - Lionel Richie

19. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I hear they have to increase the weighing scales to factor in the increase in obesity :sorry:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7553510-32/#post57341947
    God is their belly

[​IMG]

20. Kaitlin08

Kaitlin08 Senior Member

+31
    Anglican
    US-Democrat
    Dancing in the rain sounds safer. :holy: