Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, if you've been following my recent posts and threads, you would know three things about me.

Firstly, I wear "Masks" to protect myself from the world. Secondly, I have been looking for romance, and have no experience with dating. Thirdly, I think about Love as the Holy Bible teaches it.

And I just now put all three together in my mind.

Which brings me to the question.

Will I even be able to be real with my romantic interest? I'm terrified of the real me. He's always so serious and scary, how can anyone love a person like that? What am I supposed to do when I get my first girlfriend, and try to explain to her the reasons why I don't want to be the definitive real me, and always hide behind my Masks?

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?

May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let the Holy Spirit guide and be prepared for some friction. We are a fallen people:).

I guess for situational advice i'd let the Holy Spirit guide me, was hoping for something more along the lines of "This is how you can do it..." but that helps, somewhat.

I also don't know how to shed my masks, and be real, but I guess part of that is I'm too afraid to be the real me.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess for situational advice i'd let the Holy Spirit guide me, was hoping for something more along the lines of "This is how you can do it..." but that helps, somewhat.

I also don't know how to shed my masks, and be real, but I guess part of that is I'm too afraid to be the real me.
I'd say that's where most people go wrong, taking advice from others when their situations are unique. My advice may not benefit you. As a general rule of thumb, " be yourself." You'll have some growing to do (revealing your true self, so on) and so will she. If you have to be someone different and right away to satisfy her, it may be difficult. Give each other some space and grow together. This is based on my experience. May not be useful for you.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd say that's where most people go wrong, taking advice from others when their situations are unique. My advice may not benefit you. As a general rule of thumb, " be yourself." You'll have some growing to do (revealing your true self, so on) and so will she. If you have to be someone different and right away to satisfy her, it may be difficult. Give each other some space and grow together. This is based on my experience. May not be useful for you.

Right. Wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord, but experience is also good in wise counsel. Truth be told I wanted to know what I should do, but i am better off just trusting God for that.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So, if you've been following my recent posts and threads, you would know three things about me.

Firstly, I wear "Masks" to protect myself from the world. Secondly, I have been looking for romance, and have no experience with dating. Thirdly, I think about Love as the Holy Bible teaches it.

Will I even be able to be real with my romantic interest? I'm terrified of the real me. He's always so serious and scary, how can anyone love a person like that? What am I supposed to do when I get my first girlfriend, and try to explain to her the reasons why I don't want to be the definitive real me, and always hide behind my Masks?

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?
Everyone hides behind masks like fish in water. The problem with seeking out romance when you have a mask on is that if you take it off someday, they may be disappointed because they loved the mask personality.

In the same way, if you do not love yourself, it's hard to receive love from others.

Might want to deal with those issues first.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Be yourself. Relax. Try not to be negative about yourself.

Turn your negatives into positives.

You have God within you. Turn to God earnestly. Ask Him to replace your suffering with His grace.

God bless you

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will I even be able to be real with my romantic interest?
310510_45b9878a466b0b0565582b7c02e8596d.jpg

Attachments

• 67315919_2412061995498170_6285052362675453952_n.jpg
    67315919_2412061995498170_6285052362675453952_n.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Be yourself. Relax. Try not to be negative about yourself.

Turn your negatives into positives.

You have God within you. Turn to God earnestly. Ask Him to replace your suffering with His grace.

God bless you

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Everyone hides behind masks like fish in water. The problem with seeking out romance when you have a mask on is that if you take it off someday, they may be disappointed because they loved the mask personality.

In the same way, if you do not love yourself, it's hard to receive love from others.

Might want to deal with those issues first.

You are right.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?

Get rid of the masks and be in the Lord and you will be fine.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Get rid of the masks and be in the Lord and you will be fine.

If I could I would. I trust Jesus to let the real me shine through when needed, but I don't take of my masks unless it's life or death.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I could I would. I trust Jesus to let the real me shine through when needed, but I don't take of my masks unless it's life or death.

well ... if you don't take the masks off then no one will ever know the real you and isn't that being deceptive? And if you are looking for a life partner they need to know the real you and you need to know the real them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well ... if you don't take the masks off then no one will ever know the real you and isn't that being deceptive? And if you are looking for a life partner they need to know the real you and you need to know the real them.

Maybe.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God writes the book of our life before we are even born. At conception we are given all of our gifts, talents and abilities. But not everyone wants to follow God's plan and purpose for them and their life. In some cultures it is common for women to marry older men because that greatly reduces the chance that they will drink, take drugs or chase after other women. If they get a younger husband there is a good chance that he can change for the worse and head in a direction they are not happy with.

We raised our son to get a good education and get a good job before he gets married. So far he is following that advise. I dropped out of college to get married thinking that I could still finish my education but I never really was able to do that. I was just to busy living my life to take care of my family so I did not have the resources to get my college degree.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God writes the book of our life before we are even born. At conception we are given all of our gifts, talents and abilities. But not everyone wants to follow God's plan and purpose for them and their life. In some cultures it is common for women to marry older men because that greatly reduces the chance that they will drink, take drugs or chase after other women. If they get a younger husband there is a good chance that he can change for the worse and head in a direction they are not happy with.

We raised our son to get a good education and get a good job before he gets married. So far he is following that advise. I dropped out of college to get married thinking that I could still finish my education but I never really was able to do that. I was just to busy living my life to take care of my family so I did not have the resources to get my college degree.

Thanks. Somehow this makes perfect sense. Truth be told, the real reason i'm struggling right now, is because I'm not to sure how the real me would react to the world.

There's this one time the real me shined through, and was so serious. A stark contrast to my usual playful self.

At this point it's almost as if he is a completely different person.

Upvote 0

sarahJoseph

Mar 22, 2020
nyeri
✟7,862.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi am sarahJosep

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?

Upvote 0

sarahJoseph

Mar 22, 2020
nyeri
✟7,862.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?

Upvote 0