Rom 9:25,26 God Chooses Gentiles

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
God Chooses Gentiles

Rom 9:25,26 As he says in Hosea: "I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people; and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one," (Hos 2:23) and, "It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’" (Hos 1:10)

"Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." Eph 2:11-13 "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" Eph 2:19

This idea really upset Jews who thought it was all about being Jewish. One's ethnicity has no relevance with regards to having a righteous standing with God. Rather, you "are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" Gal 3:26 regardless of background or upbringing.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God Chooses Gentiles

Rom 9:25,26 As he says in Hosea: "I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people; and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one," (Hos 2:23) and, "It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’" (Hos 1:10)

"Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." Eph 2:11-13 "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" Eph 2:19

This idea really upset Jews who thought it was all about being Jewish. One's ethnicity has no relevance with regards to having a righteous standing with God. Rather, you "are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" Gal 3:26 regardless of background or upbringing.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

I would agree a believing nation or denomination is made up of two or three a family that gather together under the hearing of Christ's faith that works in them .

God used the Jewish nation called Abraham (the spiritual father of all nations) to represent the whole of mankind, revealed though ceremonies as shadows that pointed ahead of the sufferings of Christ beforehand and the glory that did follow .The grave were opened and they enter the propmised heavenly City Zion, the bride of Christ the church as sign to the unbelieving word .

Previously called Abram the father of one nation .His mother was a Hittite and father a Amorite .Two gentile nations that became the enemy of the gospel

Ezekiel 16:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

Upvote 0