Rom 8:28 All Things Work Out for Our Good

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
All Things Work Out for Our Good

Rom 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

It is not that God works for the good of those who don't love him. Though God "wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." 1Tim 2:4 But with respect to those who love Him, God makes all things work together for our good. "Work together" is the word "sunergeo" used only 5 times in the NT, all implying a partnership, such as "they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them" Mr 16:20a or "We then, as workers together with Him" 2Cor 6:1a Thus God partners with us in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. But it's not that he works for our purpose, but rather for his purpose. But then again those who love God have relinquished their own will. Even Jesus said, "I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." John 6:38 And he said, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me." John 14:21

Every believer in Christ has been called to this end. But none of us are alone in this calling. God works with us. Why do "bad" things happen to believers? "Bad" things happen to believers for our good. Consider for example Paul who was afflicted with a thorn in the flesh. "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me." 2Cor 12:7 Here God used Satan for good. God used torment for good. Consequently, do "bad" things really ever happen to those who love God?

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A mark of a good preacher or of a good Bible teacher is seen in the way they apply the teaching to our daily life.

At different times in our lives we all face problems, dumped by a girlfriend, made redundant at work, cars smashed into,death of a loved one etc etc.

It is how we as Christians respond durring these crisis that is important.
It is not enough to tell people that God is behind the ship wreck of your life.

We have to trust have faith in God, even though our life is in pieces.

Upvote 0