Rom 8:22,23 Anticipating the Resurrection

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Anticipating the Resurrection

Rom 8:22,23 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Most of the time we think of pain associated with something being wrong. But the pain of childbirth is indicative of something good about to happen. Life is a pain. But God is glorified in weakness. As the Lord said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2Cor 12:9a, so we are born into a world of weakness, subject to temptations from the sinful nature, the world and the devil, and physical corruptibility, and yet God's grace is glorified in receiving those who trust in him as His children.

Presently the believers experience the firstfruits of the Spirit. But there are fruits yet to come such as the redemption of our body, the removal of the sinful nature and physically corruptibility. "The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body" 1Cor 15:42b-44a

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anticipating the Resurrection

Rom 8:22,23 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Most of the time we think of pain associated with something being wrong. But the pain of childbirth is indicative of something good about to happen. Life is a pain. But God is glorified in weakness. As the Lord said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2Cor 12:9a, so we are born into a world of weakness, subject to temptations from the sinful nature, the world and the devil, and physical corruptibility, and yet God's grace is glorified in receiving those who trust in him as His children.

Presently the believers experience the firstfruits of the Spirit. But there are fruits yet to come such as the redemption of our body, the removal of the sinful nature and physically corruptibility. "The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body" 1Cor 15:42b-44a

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
One should pray to be convicted of one’s sins and pray to become reformed.

Mark 10:29 Jesus said, “Most certainly I tell you, there is no one who has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or land, for my sake, and for the sake of the Good News, 30 but he will receive one hundred times more now in this time: houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land, with persecutions; and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last; and the last first.”

Psalm 113:7 “He raises up the poor out of the dust. Lifts up the needy from the ash heap”

Upvote 0