Rom 8:11 The Spirit Gives Life

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The Spirit Gives Life

Rom 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

While we presently have the Holy Spirit living in us, our body is presently dead due to the sinful nature. Consequently perfect behavior is not to be expected in this life. But "will also give life" alludes to the future, being in the future tense, of our resurrection from the dead just as the Lord was raised from the dead. For "if we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection." Rom 6:5 At that time our bodies will perfectly obey our good intentions as the Spirit directs us

I think he reminds us of this fact as an encouragement that though we presently battle against our flesh to walk in the Spirit, the war will be won and we will be freed from that struggle. That is our fate, our destiny, thus the segue into the next verse.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My beating heart, breathing lungs, warmth to the touch, open and moving and seeing eyes all tell me I am still alive in the body. My mind shows me that I can chose to obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit or not.

Quite an opinion you have. I thought that I was going to get some needed words of encouragement and strength when I came here. Oh well, such is life.

Upvote 0