North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Romans & Corinthians epistles cited, are both written to believers (Rom 1:7 - 1 Cor 1:2)

Rom
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(MY NOTE: A married person is bound to their spouse as long as their spouse is alive. When either spouse dies the marriage contract is void)

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(MY NOTE: Both married parties are bound to their marriage contract until one or the other dies, voiding the contract)

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(MY NOTE: Believers you're DEAD to/freed from the LAW. Thru Faith in Christ' law fulfilling sin required wage/payment. Now Betrothed/engaged (binding contract in Paul's day) to the Lord. No longer BOUND to the LAW! Because He DIED to sin Paying the laws required sin wage/payment. Fulfilling & whereby VOIDING the OT law contract, cut on Mt Sinai!)

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
(MY NOTE: When Christ quickened/made you spiritually alive. Baptizing/sealing your marriage contract, with His Holy Spirit. He gave you eternal life & freed you from ALL the laws required sin wages to include DEATH)

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(MY NOTE: Believers YOU ARE RIGHT NOW DELIVERED FROM THE LAW! Start living in the NOW, not in the oldness/PAST of the OT letter/OT law days).

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin atoning death fulfilled the laws required wage. And retired the need for the TEACHER/law. Believers have already acknowledged their sin before God, confessed Jesus as Lord & Savior & believe He was Resurrected. And NOW possess the gift (Rom 6:23-B) of eternal life & sin & death have no power over any believer. God almighty is their protector!)

1 Cor 15
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
(MY NOTE: For those under the law, sin's required wage is DEATH). Faith in Jesus death FREED you from sins strength, the law)

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: A sinless Jesus willingly paid sins required wage/payment due. Faith placed in Jesus' sin atoning death & resurrection. Have FREED/delivered you from sins strength, the law)

Faith placed in Jesus' sin atoning death blots out/removes the sin punishments, invoked in Mosaic law ordinances. Nailing them to His cross [Col 2:14, Eph 2:15]. For every believer!

Not being under the OT Mosaic law covenant. Doesn't mean the NT assembly is void of any personal responsibility. The law pillars of the NT law are Faith & Love.

All praise, glory & honor belong to the Lord Jesus! AMEN & Amen...

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Three different topics here

1 Cor 15 is about the future when the saints are bodily resurrected at the appearing of Christ.

Rom 7
is about the legal status of a binding marriage where death is the only thing that separates/dissolves the marriage. And that is used as a kind of symbol of mankind married to our death sentence since as we see in Rom 3 "all have sinned" and in Rom 6 "the wages of sin is death". The Law of God demands the death sentence and for that law to be upheld the sentence has to be enforced. In Rom 7 the law does not die - rather the sinner dies (as per the demand of the law of God) in the person of Christ as part of the gospel. Rom 6:1-5 already made that same case in regard to the sinner and Christ.

Col 2 is not about deleting scripture - it is about being on guard against the false traditions of man and the Matt 7 (pre-cross) principle of not judging others. Here is a great thread on that topic -
Col 2:16 is about not judging others

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Three different topics here

1 Cor 15 is about the future when the saints are bodily resurrected at the appearing of Christ.

Rom 7
is about the legal status of a binding marriage where death is the only thing that separates/dissolves the marriage. And that is used as a kind of symbol of mankind married to our death sentence since as we see in Rom 3 "all have sinned" and in Rom 6 "the wages of sin is death". The Law of God demands the death sentence and for that law to be upheld the sentence has to be enforced. In Rom 7 the law does not die - rather the sinner dies (as per the demand of the law of God) in the person of Christ as part of the gospel. Rom 6:1-5 already made that same case in regard to the sinner and Christ.

Col 2 is not about deleting scripture - it is about being on guard against the false traditions of man and the Matt 7 (pre-cross) principle of not judging others. Here is a great thread on that topic -
Col 2:16 is about not judging others

Rom 7: 1 Paul says for I speak to them that know the law. He longed to save Jews under the law.

1st Pentecost (Mt Sinai) was a betrothal/marriage contract/Mosaic covenant. As was the 1st post resurrection Pentecost (Temple Mt) with the NT Holy Spirit indwelling the bride/Body of Christ

Ex 6:7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

(MY NOTE: The LORD says: I will TAKE you to me for a people Ever hear this? Do you TAKE this person to be your lawfully wedded spouse?)

Ex 19:
7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.

(MY NOTE: ALL the PEOPLE said YES! This event covenant/contract takes place on the 1st recorded Pentecost/Shavuot)

The Betrothal at Sinai & The marriage of God and Israel. These are two different phrases I read repeatedly in studies about Shavuot/Pentecost).

1st Pentecost (Mt Sinai) & 1st post resurrection Pentecost (Temple Mt) were a betrothal/marriage contract.

BOOK OF RUTH
Every Pentecost feast for 3500 yrs, the Nation of Israel read the Book of Ruth. The story of Boaz a Kinsman Redeemer. A foreshadow of Christ & his redeemed Bride/Church. Boaz a wealthy landowner of the tribe of Judah, takes Ruth, a gentile, for his wife.

Ruth 3:9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: ""spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid"" for thou art a near kinsman.

(MY NOTE: Spread therefore thy skirt (TALITH) over thine hand maid: This verse is a marriage proposal. When a Jewish man married a woman, he threw the end of his SHIRT (Tallit/prayer shawl) over her head, covering her, to signify that she was now under his covering/protection. When we say yes to Christ, He eternally SEALS/covers us with his Holy Spirit of protection.)

Lord is husband reference:
Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

(MY NOTE: The LORD proclaims to be their HUSBAND & REDEEMER. Also see Jer 31:21)

Eze 16:8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

(MY NOTE: The LORD say's He 'SPREAD HIS SKIRT" over them, when entering into a marriage covenant & they became His. Again, when a Jewish man married a woman. He threw the end of his SHIRT (Tallit/prayer shawl) over her head, covering her, to signify that she was now under his covering/protection.)

1 Cor 15

(MY NOTE These verses I posted aren't about resurrection. Remove the law & it's death stinger is neutered.

Rom 7
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(MY NOTE: Believers you're DEAD to/freed from the LAW. Thru Faith in Christ' law fulfilling sin required wage/payment. Now Betrothed/engaged (binding contract in Paul's day) to the Lord. No longer BOUND to the LAW! Because He DIED to sin Paying the laws required sin wage/payment. Fulfilling & whereby VOIDING the OT law contract, cut on Mt Sinai!)

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

(MY NOTE: When Christ quickened/made you spiritually alive. Baptizing/sealing your marriage contract, with His Holy Spirit. He gave you eternal life & freed you from ALL the laws required sin wages to include DEATH)

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

(MY NOTE: Believers Faith in the Lord Jesus & His sin atoning payment. Has delivered you from the law & it's death sting! Start living in the NOW, not in the oldness/PAST of the OT letter/OT law days).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Romans & Corinthians epistles cited, are both written to believers (Rom 1:7 - 1 Cor 1:2)

Rom
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(MY NOTE: A married person is bound to their spouse as long as their spouse is alive. When either spouse dies the marriage contract is void)

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(MY NOTE: Both married parties are bound to their marriage contract until one or the other dies, voiding the contract)

(MY NOTE: Believers YOU ARE RIGHT NOW DELIVERED FROM THE LAW! Start living in the NOW, not in the oldness/PAST of the OT letter/OT law days).

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin atoning death fulfilled the laws required wage. And retired the need for the TEACHER/law. Believers have already acknowledged their sin before God, confessed Jesus as Lord & Savior & believe He was Resurrected. And NOW possess the gift (Rom 6:23-B) of eternal life & sin & death have no power over any believer. God almighty is their protector!)

1 Cor 15

(MY NOTE: For those under the law, sin's required wage is DEATH). Faith in Jesus death FREED you from sins strength, the law)

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: A sinless Jesus willingly paid sins required wage/payment due. Faith placed in Jesus' sin atoning death & resurrection. Have FREED/delivered you from sins strength, the law)

Faith placed in Jesus' sin atoning death blots out/removes the sin punishments, invoked in Mosaic law ordinances. Nailing them to His cross [Col 2:14, Eph 2:15]. For every believer!

Not being under the OT Mosaic law covenant. Doesn't mean the NT assembly is void of any personal responsibility. The law pillars of the NT law are Faith & Love.

All praise, glory & honor belong to the Lord Jesus! AMEN & Amen...

The law pillars of the NT law are Faith & Love.

The law pillars (faith and love) are of both the OT and the NT.

The Lord has been calling mankind to faith (believing God) and love since beginning.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The law pillars (faith and love) are of both the OT and the NT.

The Lord has been calling mankind to faith (believing God) and love since beginning.

I would agree that anyone saved in the O/Testament. Was thru Love (Gods) & Faith (their) Faith in God.

This post is speaking to the difference in the Old (Mosaic law) Covenant. Where fidelity to the Mosaic law ordinances was the pillar, not faith or love.

Where under the New (Christ mediated) Covenant. Faith & Love are the pillars. Void of any fidelity to Mosaic law ordinances.

Not being under the O/C Mosaic law ordinances. Doesn't mean the N/C assembly is void of any personal responsibility.

The law pillars of the NT law are: Have faith towards Christ (Acts 20:21) & Love towards your brother.

Rom 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would agree that anyone saved in the O/Testament. Was thru Love (Gods) & Faith (their) Faith in God.

This post is speaking to the difference in the Old (Mosaic law) Covenant. Where fidelity to the Mosaic law ordinances was the pillar, not faith or love.

Where under the New (Christ mediated) Covenant. Faith & Love are the pillars. Void of any fidelity to Mosaic law ordinances.

Not being under the O/C Mosaic law ordinances. Doesn't mean the N/C assembly is void of any personal responsibility.

The law pillars of the NT law are: Have faith towards Christ (Acts 20:21) & Love towards your brother.

Rom 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Where fidelity to the Mosaic law ordinances was the pillar, not faith or love.

well no ... the intention has always been faith and love .... it was the "people" thinking (wrongly) that the law was the pillar .... they lost sight of the "who" and wrongly thought they (without God) could keep the law.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
well no ... the intention has always been faith and love .... it was the "people" thinking (wrongly) that the law was the pillar .... they lost sight of the "who" and wrongly thought they (without God) could keep the law.

See Deut 28:15-67 Consequences/Curses of Disobedience

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
(MY NOTE: The ministry that brought death context is found in vs 1 = Tables of Stone)

8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
(MY NOTE: Ministry of the Spirit/heart context is also found in vs 1)

9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
(MY MOTE: The Tables of Stone ministry brought DEATH not LOVE. The laws job was to expose sin & condemn the sinner to DEATH without mercy)

You're free to believe & promote whatever you chose, as am I. Peace, JJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0