Rom 5:1,2 Peace with God

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Peace with God

Rom 5:1,2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Justification is by faith and not by works, just a Paul said to Peter, "We know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified." Gal 2:16 Consequently we have peace with God. This peace is not simply a feeling of tranquility. Though it does include that as Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 and as Paul said, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Php 4:6 But more significantly the peace we have with God is an ending of hostility between us and God. And this, not because of a change of behavior or compliance to rules and regulations, but rather this justification, this ending of hostility between us and God is a free gift accepted simply by faith in God's grace though Jesus Christ.

For we have gained access to the throne room of God, to the presence of God by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Actually "now stand" is more accurately "have been standing" as the verb is in the perfect tense. For a Christian's standing with God is not something which varies from time to time, but has always been the case since they first believed.

Given such a status as we have with God, who can but rejoice in anticipation of the glory yet to be revealed. (Again, "hope" here is not wishful thinking, but rather the feeling of anticipation of that which one believes will occur) What affects your rejoicing in this matter? Is it that you're not sure you have been saved? Is it that someone has misled you into believing you can or have lost your salvation? Rest assured, believe the gospel and rejoice in anticipation of the grace to be give you. "For he who promised is faithful." Heb 10:23

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom 5:1,2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
This peace is not simply a feeling of tranquility.
the peace we have with God is an ending of hostility between us and God. And this, not because of a change of behavior or compliance to rules and regulations, but rather this justification, this ending of hostility between us and God is a free gift accepted simply by faith in God's grace though Jesus Christ.
Indeed, the peace we have with God through Jesus dying for us on the cross is not only a feeling.

Though it does include that as Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 and as Paul said, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Php 4:6
Note > the quote of Paul, here, is Philippians 4:6-7, not only verse 6.

I personally understand that these two quotes, of Jesus and Paul, are talking about ongoing peace that we experience while we submit to God. But Romans 5:1-2 is talking about the peace of becoming reconciled to God when one first trusts in Jesus (Ephesians 1:12). Romans 5:1-2 is talking about our standing with God. But Jesus and Paul, in John 14:27 and Philippians 4:6-7, are talking about our sharing with God > in His own peace which is God's own harmony which we share with Him while we keep on obeying Him in His peace.

Also, we have Colossians 3:15 > in my opinion, this means every child of God is called > "in one body" > to be personally ruled all the time in this peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

This peace is not our reconciliation which comes with trusting in Christ for salvation; but this peace is God's own harmony being shared with us so we are living in His personal guiding, sharing with Creator in His creativity for how to love each and every person, while sharing with God in His own almighty immunity against anti-love things like arguing, bitterness, dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasures, nasty angry reacting, malice, hate, unforgiveness, fear and worry, frustration and conceit, and other mental and emotional chaos. God's peace guards our "hearts" and our "minds" against these things while we obey how He rules us in this peace.

So, I guess we could say there is the peace of reconciliation so we get started as children of God, then there is this peace which has us actually living in sharing with God and how He has us sharing as family with one another while also caring with hope for any and all people, in prayer > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace with God

Justification is by faith and not by works, just a Paul said to Peter, "We know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified." Gal 2:16 Consequently we have peace with God. This peace is not simply a feeling of tranquility. Though it does include that as Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 and as Paul said, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Php 4:6 But more significantly the peace we have with God is an ending of hostility between us and God. And this, not because of a change of behavior or compliance to rules and regulations, but rather this justification, this ending of hostility between us and God is a free gift accepted simply by faith in God's grace though Jesus Christ.

For we have gained access to the throne room of God, to the presence of God by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Actually "now stand" is more accurately "have been standing" as the verb is in the perfect tense. For a Christian's standing with God is not something which varies from time to time, but has always been the case since they first believed.

Given such a status as we have with God, who can but rejoice in anticipation of the glory yet to be revealed. (Again, "hope" here is not wishful thinking, but rather the feeling of anticipation of that which one believes will occur) What affects your rejoicing in this matter? Is it that you're not sure you have been saved? Is it that someone has misled you into believing you can or have lost your salvation? Rest assured, believe the gospel and rejoice in anticipation of the grace to be give you. "For he who promised is faithful." Heb 10:23

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
Brother,

Have you heard this:
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. -Romans 8:7

Therefore, for the believer whose mind is set on the flesh is certainly still HOSTILE to God !

However, the mind who set on the Spirit is the person who can have life and peace.

As it is written :

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and PEACE. -Romans 8:6

When a person varies in time, set their minds on the flesh, they will certainly die!

When a person varies in time, set their minds on the Spirit, they sure going to be at peace with God.

Have you heard what Jesus have said :
Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. -John 15:2

The branch in Jesus that means those who believe in Jesus that does not bear fruit of repentance — the angel take away and they are burned in the fire.

This is what Jesus have said :
The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, -Matthew 13:41

Those what is written that Jesus have said :

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. -Revelation 3:19

Don’t despise the reproof or the discipline of the Lord !
Repent !

Upvote 0