bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Live to the LORD

Rom 14:7-9
For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

To become a Christian a person pledges allegiance to Jesus as Lord. (Rom 10:9) And not in vain. For Jesus said, "Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46 For "he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2Cor 5:15 The Christian therefore takes on an attitude of servitude, being subordinate to his Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, who defines his purpose in life. The flip side of this is that we are the Lord's possessions and as such await glory in serving Him, having a much more significant role than others in the world, and can have a profound impact in the securing the eternal destiny of the lost through the ministry of the gospel the Lord has imparted to us, being also gifted along these lines as the Holy Spirit has granted according to His will.

Paul writes, "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Php 1:20 Our fruitfulness is not a function of circumstances, but rather a function of abiding in Christ.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think our suffering is rooted in the deeply seated belief that we live for ourselves and our lives are our own. then when things do not go our way, and sometimes they can go disastrous we are destroyed.

So my thing lately has been to realize as deeply as I can that my life belongs to another. It is best for me to surrender to whatever God does with it believing that no matter what, it is all for the best. Maybe some day my emotions and body will catch up with this desire to believe.

Upvote 0