bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Walk Confidently

Rom 14:20-23
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall. So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

"keep between yourself and God." In saying this, Paul discourages meddling and encourages a certain amount of privacy in a believer's devotion to God. Spiritual leaders should not be micro-managers.

Whatever we do, God wants us to do it confidently, free from doubts. Our faith should be a confident faith. "We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first." Heb 3:14 We should be confident in prayer. "In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." Eph 3:12 Consequently "if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything ." Jam 1:5-8 We should be confident of God's provision. So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Heb 13:6 And consequently we should have confidence that God will make us competent in ministry. "Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." 2Cor 3:4,5 Confidence also communicates your convictions. "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded." Heb 10:35

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Reactions: ChetSinger