Rom 11:13-15 Paul Provoking Jews to Envy

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Paul Provoking Jews to Envy

Rom 11:13-15 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

In fact Paul was not the apostle exclusively to the Gentiles. For he had been commission by the Lord, "This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel." Acts 9:15 Thus he said, "I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." Acts 20:21 But in Galatians 2:9 Paul speaks of a meeting he had with the other apostles in which they relinquished their responsibility towards Gentiles, limiting themselves exclusively to Jews while deferring to Paul to minister to Gentiles. Thus both the Lord and the rest of the apostles affirmed Paul as the apostle to the Gentiles. He often affirms his authority in this matter to give further weight to his message.

As noted throughout these chapters Paul affirms his concern for the Jews, his brothers. For let us remember that Paul was a Jew. And notice that contrary to a fatalistic viewpoint, Paul considers it possible through his influence to save some of his lost brothers among the Jews. Yes there is a possibility that you can influence others, provoking them into the faith, even though it may seem right now that they are dead to the things of God.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources