Rom 1:28 Retain the Knowledge of God

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Retain the Knowledge of God

Rom 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Is it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God. You bet it is! But "In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God." Ps 10:4 If you don't make room for God in your thoughts, the effect is that your mind is going to become depraved. But it takes humility to leave room for God. Furthermore when ask about God, the proud may acknowledge a belief in God without actual knowledge of God, but rather simply define God in their own mind, which is idolatry. You may ask them what one has to do to go to heaven. And they just simply make something up. The humble allow God to define himself. How can a person have a right relationship with God? God is the one who determines that. So the knowledge of God is necessary to answer such a question.

As for finding it, the Lord says, "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." Pr 2:1-5

The Bible is central to avoid a depraved mind as it contains the knowledge of God. Thus it is written that, "Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth— men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected." 2Tim 3:8 The opposition to Moses was a rejection of the Word of God as Moses was God's spokesman at the time. Likewise for those who reject the teachings of Jesus and his apostles.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources