Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So I've read a few posts about the RP aspect of CF, and it doesn't look good, in fact it looks dead. But looks can be deceiving. Just like Jesus revived Lazarus, I feel the need to revive CF's Roleplaying. First things first, I'm creating an entire fictional reality eventually, and I need practice. The first step is to revive Christia, and I really only need one person, even Jesus started with only himself, then the twelve, and so on. Someone who is good at adapting and creating worlds, would be nice in the long run, but let's be realistic here, I need one person who is good at creating and maintaining multiple characters. Any takers? Preferably someone who is good at sticking with and keeping his or her word. So he or she doesn't give up halfway. I'm creating a sort of show of your awesome characters contest thread, it will showcase hopefully the diversity and depth of your characters, if I could get a mod who likes to RP as well to keep everything in line that would be awesome. Anyway, I'll do it on my own if I have to, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

To be honest, I love Roleplaying, even the very concept of creating worlds and filling them with diverse and wonderful characters, I saw a character with some serious depth created by Luin in Christia, and it gave me hope that Good Roleplaying is possible, but it has to be done right, or we lose the very meaning of Christian Roleplaying. No, I truly believe that there is at least one person out there who has the skills and the will to make roleplaying on CF not just alive but on fire everyday!

If no one shows for the contest, I'll do it alone, because I have the power and love of the Almighty God on my side and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! If I do this I do it to the glory of God, and no one else, not even myself. Because Christ is in the name, we revive Christia first! For the Glory of God and no one else! I'll work up that contest thread as soon as possible!

May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like, D&D?

Dungeons and Dragons is not really my style, though I admit it's the peak of what good Roleplaying can be. Character Creation, Battling Mechanics, and a whole lot of fun that could be had from it, I just prefer Good old fashioned Play by Post sometimes, but most of the time I prefer to just write a Good story and see how it goes, you know?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Contest thread will showcase more than that though. Mainly the depth and diversity of the characters, hopefully more than Level 100 Dungeon Master with almost maxed health, No I mean to show off the emotions and skills of each of your characters, and how their relationships and other things like sociality and how they feel. Like how my character Coleton is based off myself, and would only say or do the things that I would.

To be honest there are three sections.

Fighting Ability, where fighting characters can show off their moves.

Depth Test to see if your character has depth of emotion.

Skills Test to see if he or she has skills beyond fighting, maybe like cooking which would add some depth to that character if written correctly.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Role-playing is interesting to me, but I have little experience with it. Long ago I did some role-playing on a forum. What I remember is it's difficult to start and continue, as you need to create a character along with everyone else; then relate those characters with new posts.

So to have clarity, is the contest a temporary role-play for people to enter a character? What if you don't have a character, how do we go about creating a character specifically for this contest? Are we in the contest only relating to your character? If I'm remembering correctly, we post once and wait for the other to respond? Also is there a limit or recommendation for how many paragraphs we should type, both to have substantive posts and not get carried away in a long posts?

As I said, it's interesting to me; I just need a better understanding of the contest and where it's going. Seems it's to jump-start the forum again and from there Christa again (which I know nothing about). Which I think for most on the forum this would be true (r.p.g. beginners not knowing where or how to start etc.).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Role-playing is interesting to me, but I have little experience with it. Long ago I did some role-playing on a forum. What I remember is it's difficult to start and continue, as you need to create a character along with everyone else; then relate those characters with new posts.

So to have clarity, is the contest a temporary role-play for people to enter a character? What if you don't have a character, how do we go about creating a character specifically for this contest? Are we in the contest only relating to your character? If I'm remembering correctly, we post once and wait for the other to respond? Also is there a limit or recommendation for how many paragraphs we should type, both to have substantive posts and not get carried away in a long posts?

As I said, it's interesting to me; I just need a better understanding of the contest and where it's going. Seems it's to jump-start the forum again and from there Christa again (which I know nothing about). Which I think for most on the forum this would be true (r.p.g. beginners not knowing where or how to start etc.).

The "Show off your character Contest" is mainly to boost Roleplay morale, as well as have fun, and find people who are willing to help me in the long run with bringing Roleplaying back to life here, to address your questions, yes It's sort of a jumpstart, so here's how to start.

The contest is temporary and ends when a winner is declared, e.g. after all points are awarded, his or her character has the most points. Yes this is Play by Post, which is to post once and wait for the other. If you don't have a character, you can make one. By going to the RPG Characters forum, and posting a new thread under the name of the character you are creating. Then Link that character to the contest forum by copying the link of the "Name" of your character. Stating "OOC: Linking: "Your Character's link here""

If you choose to create a character specifically for the contest, I recommend someone who will pass both The "Emotionally Unique" and The "Masquerade of Knowledge" Exams. Here: Show off your Character Contest(Open)

There's the link, if you want to know more about all three tests, and how my character will be judging.

I personally recommend at least 1 paragraph to be written, but no more than two paragraphs to more easily remain on track with other people's characters.

You could write as little or as much as you feel you need to convey your character in the terms of the current exam.

My Character is only Judging the contest, he will not be taking part himself, I explain in more detail in the Contest post that I linked, however, the main goal of the contest is to see if your character has depth, and how good you are at maintaining that depth. I also mention in that post, the reward for winning, and the reward for achieving a perfect score.

Check out that link if you are interested.

I hope I answered all of your questions, if not feel free to continue asking here.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So I've read a few posts about the RP aspect of CF, and it doesn't look good, in fact it looks dead. But looks can be deceiving. Just like Jesus revived Lazarus, I feel the need to revive CF's Roleplaying. First things first, I'm creating an entire fictional reality eventually, and I need practice. The first step is to revive Christia, and I really only need one person, even Jesus started with only himself, then the twelve, and so on. Someone who is good at adapting and creating worlds, would be nice in the long run, but let's be realistic here, I need one person who is good at creating and maintaining multiple characters. Any takers? Preferably someone who is good at sticking with and keeping his or her word. So he or she doesn't give up halfway. I'm creating a sort of show of your awesome characters contest thread, it will showcase hopefully the diversity and depth of your characters, if I could get a mod who likes to RP as well to keep everything in line that would be awesome. Anyway, I'll do it on my own if I have to, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

To be honest, I love Roleplaying, even the very concept of creating worlds and filling them with diverse and wonderful characters, I saw a character with some serious depth created by Luin in Christia, and it gave me hope that Good Roleplaying is possible, but it has to be done right, or we lose the very meaning of Christian Roleplaying. No, I truly believe that there is at least one person out there who has the skills and the will to make roleplaying on CF not just alive but on fire everyday!

If no one shows for the contest, I'll do it alone, because I have the power and love of the Almighty God on my side and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! If I do this I do it to the glory of God, and no one else, not even myself. Because Christ is in the name, we revive Christia first! For the Glory of God and no one else! I'll work up that contest thread as soon as possible!
I still play D&D or OWOD Vampire/Werewolf from time to time.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I still play D&D or OWOD Vampire/Werewolf from time to time.

That's good to know, and I'm happy that at least one person still keeps it alive here. That's Great news! So it's not entirely dead....I guess this might be easier than I thought. I welcome you to join The Show Off Your Character Contest too, I welcome anyone who wants to!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That's good to know, and I'm happy that at least one person still keeps it alive here. That's Great news! So it's not entirely dead....I guess this might be easier than I thought. I welcome you to join The Show Off Your Character Contest too, I welcome anyone who wants to!
I’m the DM :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You are huh? Well Maybe, after this kicks off, you'll have way more people to rock the world with, dungeon master.
I’m intrigued.

I assumed things like D&D would not be looked upon kindly here.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m intrigued.

I assumed things like D&D would not be looked upon kindly here.

It's not my place to judge you, it's your place to judge yourself. What kind of games you play, and what you do with your free will, is all you. I have no place to judge you. A Christian is not meant to try and convert you, only to tell you the good news, and try his or her best to lead you to Christ. I could tell you that D&D is satanic and wrong, but that's not what you believe in your heart. Even if it is true, I have no right to try and change you. You have to want a change yourself. I'm not going to look down on you because of what you do, because what you do is not who you are. Who you are is defined by you, and your actions toward others.

Do what you want, friend. I just happen to want Jesus, and his will for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If Christian RPG has passed away here, does anyone here have links to other places where it is alive and thriving? Please post some links.

Well, Brotherly Spirit and I are still Roleplaying, so it's technically not completely dead yet, but in terms of life, as in having many people RP together, Our Thread is pretty much just the two of us. I know it's not an answer to your question, but the truth is I too would like to find a place that Christian RP is more active. I'll look up some links and see if I can find anything for you.

Upvote 0