Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yeah, I am sure that most of us that converted later in life remembers stuff like this.

that is something for your priest

I've heard several people comment that things got tough when they got close to entering the Church.

As far as the holy water and all, I was kind of joking. And it's not that our priest doesn't take such things seriously, but .... I think he might consider such a request to be somewhat superstitious? I don't want to misrepresent him. But he doesn't jump right to those kinds of conclusions, I should say. I really was pretty much joking.

At least maybe 95% joking anyway.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 7 teaches about the perfect priesthood of the Lord Jesus, and He 'ever lives to make intercession' for all who love and trust Him.

Thanks, Faroufarouk. I go first to Christ, of course, I pray throughout the day. About these things and others.

But I was asking a different sort of question. Thank you though.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've heard several people comment that things got tough when they got close to entering the Church.

As far as the holy water and all, I was kind of joking. And it's not that our priest doesn't take such things seriously, but .... I think he might consider such a request to be somewhat superstitious? I don't want to misrepresent him. But he doesn't jump right to those kinds of conclusions, I should say. I really was pretty much joking.

At least maybe 95% joking anyway.

haham I gotcha, and it's smart that he uses discernment with that kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, for future reference, talking to Fr. M. was the exact right thing to do.

It was good to be able to discuss everything with someone, and he helped me clearly see responsibilities, options, and so on. I was on the right track, but I had feared I wasn't, so it was very reassuring to know that the Church does not teach contrary to what my instincts were telling me.

Knowing how the Church views various situations, and getting pastoral advice on them, was extremely helpful.

And I do very much look forward to when I will have the sacraments available to me, whenever that might finally be.

Thanks again, everyone.

Upvote 0