• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Roger Stone juror Seth Cousins defends forewoman Tomeka Hart after Trump's claim of 'significant bia

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tulc, Feb 20, 2020.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,220
    Christian
    Married
    Roger Stone: Juror Seth Cousins says forewoman Tomeka Hart was fair
    tulc(seriously?) :doh:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Cimorene

Cimorene An American living the American Dream in Canada Supporter

+5,860
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Trump's attacks on her are disgusting & pathetic.

She'd already disclosed background info about herself during the jury selection process. This was a MAJOR trial, the attorneys on both sides seriously scrutinized the jurors. Roger Stone's attorneys had the opportunity to strike her for whatever reason if they wanted to but they didn't. Stone himself could have given input to his attorneys.

She only spoke up bc of how blatantly corrupt Trump was with trying to get one of his cronies a reduced sentence when he committed the crime.

3. JohnAshton

JohnAshton Well-Known Member

+1,459
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    The forewoman had every right to call out Trump's corruption in trying to influence the trial and sentencing.

4. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,804
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Seems to me, that Stone's lawyer had plenty of time to challenge any juror. Likely, he realized that what he had was probably less of a problem than what he'd likely get if he rolled the dice again.

5. Cimorene

Cimorene An American living the American Dream in Canada Supporter

+5,860
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lulz. When Napolitano defended the Democrats for impeaching Trump & said he was assaulting the Constitution his base insisted up, down, left, right that he's not a legit conservative, should be ignored, is a never-Trumper. But ppl in his base want to trot him out when he says something they think defends him. AAR. Interesting he said that. Roger Stone & his legal time had the chance to strike Tomeka Hart from the jury. She had disclosed everything. They have a whole team to investigate potential jurors, find out stuff like social media posts. So if Napolitano is right at all that has more to do with the incompetency of the attorneys Roger Stone picked, not bc of anything Tomeka Hart did wrong since she disclosed her background.

I wish she hadn't spoken up how she did but she only did that bc Trump & Stone were assaulting the rule of law. I'm glad the judge totally rebuked them for their corruption & dishonesty. Stone deserved the 9 yrs in prison.

6. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,804
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I have to admit Napolitano's opinion carries a lot of weight with me. He seems to be entirely honest and although conservative, completely supportive of the Constitution.

I think it comes down to whether or not the woman in question tried to hide her political views from the court. If so, then I would think a new trial was indicated. If not, there's no law that says the jurors in one's trial have to be aligned politically with the defendant.