florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As far as that one guy that wasn't moving or even blinking his eyes! Have you ever been "lost in the spirit?" I'm sure (Oscarr) may understand what I mean. Once, our (AOG) pastor wanted some members to just come up front to pray, praise, and worship God before service started. Many of us did. My wife and I just got "lost in the spirit" and we (weren't aware) that all the others were finished within 15 minutes or so... and we were still up there over a half-hour by ourselves. When we finished... we turned around and went back to our seat. Our pastor then commented and said, "There is an example of being "lost in the spirit?"
Never heard of it, what exactly would I see if I watched you being lost in the spirit? What happens that cant be seen spiritually wise that only you 2 can see or feel? Thanks

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Never heard of it, what exactly would I see if I watched you being lost in the spirit? What happens that cant be seen spiritually wise that only you 2 can see or feel? Thanks

The question was for Oscarr, who... understood!

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey just trying to warn you - leaave you believers with this:
"I'd rather be in a church where the devil and the flesh are manifesting than in a church where nothing is happening because people are too afraid to manifest anything... and if the devil manifests, don't worry about that, either. Rejoice, because at least something is happening." (Rodney Howard-Browne, The Coming Revival. 1991, p.6,

So there you have it from the man himself.... enjoy

I think I can explain what RHB was saying. He wasn't saying that it's okay if people have demonic manifestations and interpret them as the work of the Holy Spirit. He was saying that whenever the power of God is in demonstration there are bound to be demonic manifestations. You can see that in Jesus' ministry and the apostles' ministries in Acts. The assumption here is that as believers who understand their authority in Christ, they will be able to deal with any demonic manifestations that occur. He would rather deal with those demons than avoid demonic manifestations at the expense of the move of the Spirit. I see no problem with that kind of thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So I assume this is directed at me, thank you - I dont attend a irs 401c3 corporation government sanctioned church much like yourself, so when mr browne says (book and page included) he doesnt
care if it is the Holy Spirit, man (made) or a demon spirit rejoice either way? He doesnt hide the fact that a demon spirit isfine and to rejoice? This is what the word of God has taught you in His word? When his slain in the spirit or holy laughter (his words) has absolutely no scriptural backing and in fact he uses scripture (as stated above) wrong and this is ok with you?

If the spirit he brings is not backed as Godly by scripture it isnt period, this is how we test the spirits, we try an find where paul or others taught that the holy spirit makes them fall down laughter and include making lion dog and pig noises and being unable to talk for hours and being held in place unable to move or be moved.... show me if you have scripture that shows people laughting out of control and falling on the floor and cant control themselves and none of this is anywhere in the word attributed to the Holy Spirit?

I'm not going after wof teachings about money here, the man himself said it.... cant you see that the Holy Spirit isnt going to then come down to him when he cares not who comes. Cause a Christians only wants the Holy Spirit and never man or demon..... have I not spoken the truth here today... least someone report me..... does not the word of God teach as I have here today?
The same manifestations happened under Evan Roberts in the Welsh Revival in the late 19th Century. The same happened during Charles Finney's ministry in the early 19th Century during the Great Awakening in the USA. So if we are going to say that Mr Browne is false because of manifestations happened in his meetings, we are going to have to say that Evan Roberts and Charles Finney are both false as well, in order to be consistent. The Methodists of the early 19th Century had people falling down as regular occurrences in their services. In one combined meeting of Methodists and Presbyterians conducted by Charles Finney, all the ones who fell down were Presbyterians.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The same manifestations happened under Evan Roberts in the Welsh Revival in the late 19th Century. The same happened during Charles Finney's ministry in the early 19th Century during the Great Awakening in the USA. So if we are going to say that Mr Browne is false because of manifestations happened in his meetings, we are going to have to say that Evan Roberts and Charles Finney are both false as well, in order to be consistent. The Methodists of the early 19th Century had people falling down as regular occurrences in their services. In one combined meeting of Methodists and Presbyterians conducted by Charles Finney, all the ones who fell down were Presbyterians.

Very interesting! In the 19th Century (the Methodists) had people falling down regularly! But none "fell" in this combined meeting! One wonders what would have happened if the Presbyterians stayed home? What Would the Methodists have done then?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting! In the 19th Century (the Methodists) had people falling down regularly! But none "fell" in this combined meeting! One wonders what would have happened if the Presbyterians stayed home? What Would the Methodists have done then?

Finney had great difficulty arranging the meeting because the Presbyterians didn't like the Methodists falling down. But he managed it and the first person who fell off his chair was a Presbyterian! And for the rest of that meeting, all who fell down were Presbyterians and not one Methodist fell over! Do you think God was giving some sort of message there?

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen all things of the Holy Spirit being poured out on a body of believers.
How can I judge the manifestion of the Holy Spirit?
During the 70s a reporter did a interview with two people who were at Asusa street during the revival.
Their account was exactly as history records,and they were there in person.
You have to be Baptised in the Holy Spirit to comprehend some things.
I know in my personal walk ,a great joy has come over me.
I have broke out laughing as well,it's not easy to discern.
One of the reasons was the feeble attempts Satan tries on Christians being covered by the blood.
But for the most important thing is being in the presence of God.
Joy unspeakable overwhelms you.
So many religions are simular to Muslims, they think God is just waiting to punish you.
God is love,and his presence through the Holy Spirit can bring great joy in a time of need.
Christ referred to the Holy Ghost as the comforter, Bless God for sending us comfort and joy.

Philippians 4: 8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

I do not discount Gods judgement on unrightousness, but God is not one dimensional either.

Upvote 0

Jkrlynch

Dec 8, 2017
Hubbard
✟16,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do need to test the spirits by the word of God or we will be deceived.. I don’t see anywhere in the Bible people falling down, uncontrollable laughter, shaking with excitement, acting like an animal. I have done some of things and I don’t find it in the Bible. What practicing are we doing to allow these things to happen. Belong it’s ok and looking for his presence when we already have because he already gave us his Holy Spirit. Why would we want more when he is already here. To know God is to read his word and not seek the emotional things or manifestations like some do. It doesn’t make you any more spiritual just more emotional. I know if we are looking for more of outside of scripture we will probably get something more but it might not be from God. We need to study the word and know what he requires from us and not the other way around.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been to Hagin, Browne and the Toronto Vineyard meetings, just to name a few. Altogether, I have seen some strange things. Some were definitely the Holy Spirit and others seemed more like flesh. I just go expecting with the realization that I am asking for bread, and I am not expecting a stone or demon. I think that if I knew they were teaching and moving in error, then I may open myself up as now I have moved from casual participant to someone operating outside the spirit. Break out of the box though and let God work in your service and life. Even some WOF pastors put on the brakes. Jesus healed with clay and spittle once, pretty weird to me but great for the person receiving their sight. Why would anyone stand in the way? Personally, I love getting drunk in the Spirit. Life can be tough, so if I am rolling around the aisle, with the Holy Spirit bubbling up, I know I am in a good place. If it is funky or flesh, I just watch and leave at the end of the service. One problem I am seeing now is that some WOF teachings are being adopted by some who have newer doctrines. Some WOF people do not know the difference. I pray everyone has discernment from God.

Upvote 0