florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
While I'm not sure if mr browne is still a top wof preacher or if his holy laughter type preaching is still followed much.... I can tell you that what he bases his laughter on is when the men started preaching the word of God in other mens tongues so that unbelievers would believe..... some men referred to as scoffers said they were drunk for speaking in different languages but never did these men overcame by the holy spirit act drunk with laughter..... since this is the verse mr browne uses we see that it has Nothing to do with what is being drunk and falling on the floor, no one who reads the bible see's paul or the others act in such a way.... who would ever accuse the holy spirit of making a Godly man act in such a way just should not be.... since we are to test the spirits (with scripture) and since it does not test as Godly we do not follow such a man... now I dont believe any of the stories about people going to hell or heaven or hanging with Jesus period..... but I do believe in demon human contact.... I will tell you my story and it involves holy laughter....

About 7 years ago I read about rodney howard brown and holy laughter and toronto blessing and others, when i read what scripture was used (twisted) to decieve believers I knew right away it was demonic. About 2 weeks go by and I had watched a few hagin and other wof pastors do their uncontrolled laughting spell on you tube... well one night mr browne was on tv doing a live show... scrolling across the bottom of the screen were different citys and I remember one that said: were all laughing here in dayton. Now mr brown was not laughing or even talking about it but was talking about coming revival... i said liar outloud and was just about to switch if off as nothing was going on, then I felt this presence and had no idea what it was - I said to myself (I dont like this) I could feel like it was right next to my face, for what I guess was about 30 seconds I didnt breathe or blink I froze - I still didnt know what was going on.
then I'll say in the spirit I could see a jagged line in a circle shape in front of me (could still see tv) and then I said to myself (no way) I could tell it was trying to make me laugh and I could see like a line that was all crooked but in the shape of a smile trying to get me to laugh (like when your kids in the car) and then it was over..... I went to bed soon after and must of fell right to sleep, the next night I started thinking about it, I had rememebred when reading about it that people said they felt as if it were electricity in the air just before you started laughing.. I knew that was the jagged circle I saw that couldnt get to me..... I had opened myself up to this by watching his show.. a live show..... I believe that even though I didnt know what was going on the fact was 2 weeks before I had decided it was demonic and the holy spirit knowing the way I viewed it stood his ground for me.... had I been looking to laugh I know I would of been that night and the holy spirit would of left me to be taken over by a demon.... drunk in the spirit is not biblical and is pagan.... it was creepy to say the least.

On one of the hagen videos everyone is laughing some falling out of their chairs and there is a man who isnt laughing he isnt moving or even blinking, I know how he feels....

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It brings up the subject, as other preachers have made others fall over or down, under what they believe is the power of the Holy Spirit or being slain in the spirit, but, is it really...?

And what is the point of it, does the person who fell, is it a life altering experience, or not...? Do they know what happened...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
While I'm not sure if mr browne is still a top wof preacher or if his holy laughter type preaching is still followed much.... I can tell you that what he bases his laughter on is when the men started preaching the word of God in other mens tongues so that unbelievers would believe..... some men referred to as scoffers said they were drunk for speaking in different languages but never did these men overcame by the holy spirit act drunk with laughter..... since this is the verse mr browne uses we see that it has Nothing to do with what is being drunk and falling on the floor, no one who reads the bible see's paul or the others act in such a way.... who would ever accuse the holy spirit of making a Godly man act in such a way just should not be.... since we are to test the spirits (with scripture) and since it does not test as Godly we do not follow such a man... now I dont believe any of the stories about people going to hell or heaven or hanging with Jesus period..... but I do believe in demon human contact.... I will tell you my story and it involves holy laughter....

About 7 years ago I read about rodney howard brown and holy laughter and toronto blessing and others, when i read what scripture was used (twisted) to decieve believers I knew right away it was demonic. About 2 weeks go by and I had watched a few hagin and other wof pastors do their uncontrolled laughting spell on you tube... well one night mr browne was on tv doing a live show... scrolling across the bottom of the screen were different citys and I remember one that said: were all laughing here in dayton. Now mr brown was not laughing or even talking about it but was talking about coming revival... i said liar outloud and was just about to switch if off as nothing was going on, then I felt this presence and had no idea what it was - I said to myself (I dont like this) I could feel like it was right next to my face, for what I guess was about 30 seconds I didnt breathe or blink I froze - I still didnt know what was going on.
then I'll say in the spirit I could see a jagged line in a circle shape in front of me (could still see tv) and then I said to myself (no way) I could tell it was trying to make me laugh and I could see like a line that was all crooked but in the shape of a smile trying to get me to laugh (like when your kids in the car) and then it was over..... I went to bed soon after and must of fell right to sleep, the next night I started thinking about it, I had rememebred when reading about it that people said they felt as if it were electricity in the air just before you started laughing.. I knew that was the jagged circle I saw that couldnt get to me..... I had opened myself up to this by watching his show.. a live show..... I believe that even though I didnt know what was going on the fact was 2 weeks before I had decided it was demonic and the holy spirit knowing the way I viewed it stood his ground for me.... had I been looking to laugh I know I would of been that night and the holy spirit would of left me to be taken over by a demon.... drunk in the spirit is not biblical and is pagan.... it was creepy to say the least.

On one of the hagen videos everyone is laughing some falling out of their chairs and there is a man who isnt laughing he isnt moving or even blinking, I know how he feels....
Wasn't there a spoof movie where there was a circle in the middle of the TV screen that sucked people into it? Was it Scary Movie 4? Other than that I cannot comment on your experience.

God gave me a word once saying that if people went looking for a sensory experience, the devil is always there to give them one. One week after getting that word, I went to a church and in the service the pastor got everyone to stand, and then he went around whispering in people's ears, "Jesus is here" expecting a sensory reaction. Some started shaking and jerking, and a woman went writhing around the floor like a snake. He tried it on me, and I wasn't going to have any of it. He tried hard with me without success. I was really glad that God had given me the warning beforehand. I never went back to that church. It is interesting because it was an AOG church, and I was converted in an AOG church in 1966. But then they didn't have all that stuff then. People just went to church and had a joyful time, and people had a sense of adventure being Christians.

I think that since then, the devil has come in and made folks feel that they have to have a sensory experience like falling down, shaking and jerking before they can know that they are in The Spirit.

I know that when I sense the presence of God with me, mostly when I am alone praying, I tend to feel joy, and so I start chuckling. But I don't lose my self control. I remember a guy who used to lose his self control with laughter and one night we were driving home and he started laughing, stopped his car in the middle of an intersection and walked around it laughing like an idiot. Quite frankly, I couldn't see The Holy Spirit in that at all.

There is nothing wrong with laughing or weeping in the presence of God when the glory comes down. I have seen that happen, and it has changed lives. But there is self-control in it. It is normal laughter like I have when I am watching a good stand-up comic that is very witty and gives me a belly laugh. But I don't go into uncontrollable laughter, rolling around the floor and behaving like an idiot with it.

Joy and self control are fruit of The Spirit, and they go together.

I have a Pentecostal theology, but it is just the same as what is in the Westminster Confession, except that the modern day application of the supernatural gifts of The Spirit are included. These are used in conjunction with the fruit of The Spirit.

I think a lot of what you have described is of the flesh, and even demonic in some cases, because it happens without the moderation of self control. It is okay to laugh, lift up holy hands and praise the Lord, but without self control it is just a display of the flesh.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

That would be Kenneth E. Hagin... not (hagan). If your going to tear down the (one) of the main founders of the Word/Faith movement... at least, spell his name right.
giggle1_zpsb2922d18_1.gif
...and BTW, your not a member of this forum and it's forbidden for (non-members) from commenting against, or teaching against WOF beliefs, and WOF teachers. I am sure you understand this. It's the same... if I were to go into any other forum such as Catholic, Baptist, Holiness, or other faiths here on (CF Forum)... and were to tell them that their beliefs are wrong... which would be in violation of Community Rules. If you want to stay and fellowship with us, that is fine.

and...

As far as that one guy that wasn't moving or even blinking his eyes! Have you ever been "lost in the spirit?" I'm sure (Oscarr) may understand what I mean. Once, our (AOG) pastor wanted some members to just come up front to pray, praise, and worship God before service started. Many of us did. My wife and I just got "lost in the spirit" and we (weren't aware) that all the others were finished within 15 minutes or so... and we were still up there over a half-hour by ourselves. When we finished... we turned around and went back to our seat. Our pastor then commented and said, "There is an example of being "lost in the spirit?"

We've all seen the excesses... and we all may have even been a part of it one time or another. I wish I was a little mouse when the church in the Book of Acts started out. They were accused of being drunk! (lol)

Officially, (unofficial) Forum Observer.
eyes11_zpsq5co3upv.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As far as that one guy that wasn't moving or even blinking his eyes! Have you ever been "lost in the spirit?" I'm sure (Oscarr) may understand what I mean. Once, our (AOG) pastor wanted some members to just come up front to pray, praise, and worship God before service started. Many of us did. My wife and I just got "lost in the spirit" and we (weren't aware) that all the others were finished within 15 minutes or so... and we were still up there over a half-hour by ourselves. When we finished... we turned around and went back to our seat. Our pastor then commented and said, "There is an example of being "lost in the spirit?"

We've all seen the excesses... and we all may have even been a part of it one time or another. I wish I was a little mouse when the church in the Book of Acts started out. They were accused of being drunk! (lol)

Officially, (unofficial) Forum Observer.
eyes11_zpsq5co3upv.gif

I understand that fully, and I have no problem with it.
Those of us who have been intimately involved with the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements have seen and experienced the spooky spiritual stuff where people have gone to excess. But we know the difference between what is truly in The Spirit and the lunatic fringe stuff. It is sad that in more free churches like the Pentecostal and Charismatic there seems to be more of the spooky spiritual stuff going on. It just comes with the territory, I'm afraid.

But the positives far outweigh the negatives, and good leaders usually get on top of the lunatic fringers. The problem with what outsiders see and criticise, is that they don't see what happens behind the scenes, where responsible leaders take people aside and sort them out if they go over the odds. We can't stop people being excessive in their enthusiasm. One good pastor said that it is easier to cool down a fanatic than to warm up a corpse.

I have great respect for the Word of Faith movement. I believe that it is a genuine move of God to restore something important to the Church that was lacking in times past. As the Pentecostals brought the gifts of the Spirit back to the church, and the Charismatics brought these things into the traditional churches, so the Word of Faith brought back the truth of the faith confession - of speaking the will of God into being. Of course there are excesses which happen in every revival, but the core truth is that if we say to this mountain be removed and do not doubt in our hearts, it shall be removed and cast into the sea. Of course Jesus meant it as a metaphor to emphasis an important faith truth, but when we hear from God and know His will, then we can have the faith to speak it into being. Moses was told to speak to the rock to get it to produce water, but he disobeyed and struck the rock and suffered the consequences. This shows the power of speaking something into being when God gives us the revelation and the faith. I think that is the power of the Word of Faith movement. The spoken word, empowered by The Holy Spirit is dynamic in its effects.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oscar, you know as well as I do that many of these excesses start out with spooky stigmas in some of these churches we have "heard" over the years. Coming from a Pilgrim Holiness (Wesleyan) background (non-Pentecostal)... We've "heard" for years that the (big church) AOG uptown on the other side of the tracks (reportably)... have people foaming at the mouth and swinging on the chandeliers. BUT!... it was okay (once in a while) for our Pilgrim Holiness members to catch the spirit (so to speak) and run around the church, jump pews, and actually bark like dogs. That's alright (once in a while)... so they say, but NO tongues.

Our first experience in our local (AOG) church (the big church across the tracks) was absolutely wonderful beginning with the friendly greeters who met us at the door. When we first walked in the church foyer I was a little confused by... NOT seeing the chandeliers that were supposedly there (to swing on), and!... Where were the "foamers?"

Long story short, it wasn't long that I was asked to teach on bible prophesy with the youth pastor in one of the large basement classrooms. Later, I was asked to lead the song service's from the pulpit [and] allowed to minister between songs with the pastor right behind me cheering me on. Became a door greeter. In the church's history (nearing a hundred years), I was only the second person to be appointed a deacon and elder by the pastor. God has used me in prophesying with tongues and interpretation to the church body.

To the forum... (Please understand) that this isn't about ME or "look at what I have done" type of thing. It's about the before/after experience of previously NOT "believing" in Pentecostal/Charismatic practices... to embracing (much) of them. It was quickly noticed that these "practices" were (for the most part) done decently and in order. If the pastor discerned that something was out of line, he would get with the deacons later on to discuss any issues.

I definitely appreciate what you said Oscar that the "positives outweigh the negatives", and good leaders usually get on top of the lunatic fringers. (Awesome). I was one of the outsiders... that (cautiously) ventured in... and saw the GOOD that was happening behind the scenes through responsible leadership [and] became a part of it. As you said, "we can't stop people being excessive in their enthusiasm".... that still goes on today, and the Church... (especially) in the "faith movement" need to park in the (orderly worship) chapter of (1 Corinthians 14) that ends with verse 40....

I Corinthians 14:40
"Let everything be done in properly and in order."
Thank You, Sir...
busy1_zps86jwvxfh.gif

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscar, you know as well as I do that many of these excesses start out with spooky stigmas in some of these churches we have "heard" over the years. Coming from a Pilgrim Holiness (Wesleyan) background (non-Pentecostal)... We've "heard" for years that the (big church) AOG uptown on the other side of the tracks (reportably)... have people foaming at the mouth and swinging on the chandeliers. BUT!... it was okay (once in a while) for our Pilgrim Holiness members to catch the spirit (so to speak) and run around the church, jump pews, and actually bark like dogs. That's alright (once in a while)... so they say, but NO tongues.

Our first experience in our local (AOG) church (the big church across the tracks) was absolutely wonderful beginning with the friendly greeters who met us at the door. When we first walked in the church foyer I was a little confused by... NOT seeing the chandeliers that were supposedly there (to swing on), and!... Where were the "foamers?"

Long story short, it wasn't long that I was asked to teach on bible prophesy with the youth pastor in one of the large basement classrooms. Later, I was asked to lead the song service's from the pulpit [and] allowed to minister between songs with the pastor right behind me cheering me on. Became a door greeter. In the church's history (nearing a hundred years), I was only the second person to be appointed a deacon and elder by the pastor. God has used me in prophesying with tongues and interpretation to the church body.

To the forum... (Please understand) that this isn't about ME or "look at what I have done" type of thing. It's about the before/after experience of previously NOT "believing" in Pentecostal/Charismatic practices... to embracing (much) of them. It was quickly noticed that these "practices" were (for the most part) done decently and in order. If the pastor discerned that something was out of line, he would get with the deacons later on to discuss any issues.

I definitely appreciate what you said Oscar that the "positives outweigh the negatives", and good leaders usually get on top of the lunatic fringers. (Awesome). I was one of the outsiders... that (cautiously) ventured in... and saw the GOOD that was happening behind the scenes through responsible leadership [and] became a part of it. As you said, "we can't stop people being excessive in their enthusiasm".... that still goes on today, and the Church... (especially) in the "faith movement" need to park in the (orderly worship) chapter of (1 Corinthians 14) that ends with verse 40....

I Corinthians 14:40
"Let everything be done in properly and in order."
Thank You, Sir...
busy1_zps86jwvxfh.gif

That's a wonderful testimony of a person actually going to a Pentecostal church with an open mind and seeing what really goes on there, instead of sitting back and criticising without any evidence that the criticism is actually valid. Or, the critics might go to a Sunday night rally where much of the lunatic fringe stuff happens and say, "I told you so!" instead of going to a Sunday morning worship meeting and seeing what happens with the actual members of the church. Also, none of these criticisers have ever made an appointment with the Pentecostal pastor and elders and asked open and honest questions about the things reportedly going on in the church. Of course they wouldn't do that because they are not looking for reasonable answers because those answers would destroy their illusion that the Pentecostal church is full of idiots and crazy people.

It is interesting that Stephen Hill and Dr Michael L Brown, leaders of the Brownsville revival, wrote a number of books on what happened with the revival. It was criticised by the bluenoses, and I reckon that they never went and spoke with Pastor Hill or Dr Brown, nor did they read his books. If they had, they might have seen both sides of the story. Dr Brown is a respected academic and an expert in Jewish affairs and issues, and is fluent in Hebrew and Greek. He does not use an English Bible, but uses the Hebrew and Greek versions to ensure that when he teaches Scripture it is from the original and therefore is able to give a more faithful interpretation. Of course, the critics don't want to know that, because if they did any real research, their criticisms would up in flames like the Hindenburg!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It Hagin. At least get his name right. I was in the service you watched and mocked. I can testify it was quite genuine. Especially to the people who were set free and headed with no one praying for them.

126 When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
3 The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It Hagin. A tax least get his name right. I was in the service you watched and mocked. I can testify it was quite genuine. Especially to the people who were set free and headed with no one praying for them.

126 When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
3 The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.
The cold religious fish type church members criticise out of envy and jealous because they don't have what the Charismatic have and they don't know how to get it. They don't realise or accept that it is their own mean, unkind spirit toward believers on the other side of the tracks that stops them from having The Holy Spirit come anywhere near them.

Upvote 0

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hey just trying to warn you - leaave you believers with this:
"I'd rather be in a church where the devil and the flesh are manifesting than in a church where nothing is happening because people are too afraid to manifest anything... and if the devil manifests, don't worry about that, either. Rejoice, because at least something is happening." (Rodney Howard-Browne, The Coming Revival. 1991, p.6,

So there you have it from the man himself.... enjoy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It Hagin. At least get his name right. I was in the service you watched and mocked
Yeah I think I saw you in the video - how did I mock it as I said people were laughing and falling all.over and one guy wasnt, but you attack nicely....

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The cold religious fish type church members criticise out of envy and jealous because they don't have what the Charismatic have and they don't know how to get it. They don't realise or accept that it is their own mean, unkind spirit toward believers on the other side of the tracks that stops them from having The Holy Spirit come anywhere near them.

It comes down to the understanding of the knowledge of God's Word. We either believe and receive, or... don't receive because of... unbelief. We need to renew our minds with the Word of God to develop our faith to (receive) the understanding of His Word... and believe! Instead, we criticise! So sad!

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey just trying to warn you - leave you believers with this:

"I'd rather be in a church where the devil and the flesh are manifesting than in a church where nothing is happening because people are too afraid to manifest anything... and if the devil manifests, don't worry about that, either. Rejoice, because at least something is happening." (Rodney Howard-Browne, The Coming Revival. 1991, p.6,

So there you have it from the man himself.... enjoy

Thanks, but no warning necessary...
Busy_zpsl2sxm6dd.gif

I don't follow Rodney Howard-Brown but I would (somewhat) have to agree with this. If Satan manifests in a church, it would no doubt be (alive) and spirit filled. He's in panic mode. On the other hand... if (nothing) is happening in a church, there is NO threat for him to manifest himself. In God's eyes, there already dead.

Key Phrase: (If (nothing) is happening)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Busy_zpsl2sxm6dd.gif

I don't follow Rodney Howard-Brown but I would (somewhat) have to agree with this. If Satan manifests in a church, it would no doubt be (alive) and spirit filled. He's in panic mode. On the other hand... if (nothing) is happening in a church, there is NO threat for him to manifest himself. In God's eyes, there already dead.

I preached a message to my church yesterday on Revelation 3:14-20. I felt that it was God's word to me about my church and it involved a cold, prickly warning that we need to pray persistently for revival or die. My church is declining, and I believe God was telling me why. I posted the text of my message in my blog section for those who might be interested in what God may be saying to a lukewarm church, and what to do about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I preached a message to my church yesterday on Revelation 3:14-20. I felt that it was God's word to me about my church and it involved a cold, prickly warning that we need to pray persistently for revival or die. My church is declining, and I believe God was telling me why. I posted the text of my message in my blog section for those who might be interested in what God may be saying to a lukewarm church, and what to do about it.

Oscarr:
If the remaining membership are truely born-again believers, then the Holy Spirit is definitely there. "I'll never leave you or forsake you."(Deuteronomy 31:6). I wrote a piece not too long ago about "what are our assigned angels doing" when nothing is happening around us. No one being saved, healed, delivered, and not (watch out for this one) enjoying prosperity... in any area of their lives. And, as you mentioned in your (blog)... "their resistant to changes, content where they are, they are comfortable and self-satisfied" (with the status quo). We (the church) in general have become complacent, and lazy. We don't feel like witnessing, or getting involved in evangelising.

Not only is the Holy Spirit pushed into a corner with His hands tied behind His back, all of those assigned angels (all around us) have NOTHING to do. If the saints don't get them involved in assignments, they will be of no value, and... continue to play checkers with each other to overcome boredom (if that's what they do)
wow1_zpsrleqzbsf.gif
So, with these actions, or... non-actions, we became lukewarm and, NEED... to be warned as your blog suggests. We need to stir up the gift of (Christ-in-us) as were actually quenching the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19).

I am thinking what Timothy said... "I put you in remembrance that YOU (fan the flames) and stir up the gift of God that is within you... (2 Timothy 1:6).

(Next Page)
I found this article that (Kenneth Hagin) wrote that could help stir up the gift within us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
EFFECTIVE PRAYER involves (boldness). There are many things we do need to pray for--but it is all right to pray for (boldness). We do not need to pray for faith, because our faith is increased by feeding it on God's Word and exercising it. But the bible does show us that we can pray for (boldness).

Peter and John were BOLD... when they used the Name of Jesus to minister to the lame man at the gate called Beautiful. They were BOLD... when they proclaimed the Name of Jesus to the crowd (5,000) that gathered and many believed. The Jewish authorities noticed their (boldness) and commanded them to preach and teach no more in the Name of Jesus. (They witnessed the miracles and did not want their message to spread any further).... (Acts 4:1-24)

Being let go, (Peter and John) returned to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. THEN... the whole company of believers lifted up their voice with ONE ACCORD in prayer unto God.

Acts 4:29-30
And now, Lord behold their threatening's: and grant unto your servants, that with all (boldness) they may speak Your Word, By stretching forth Your hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the NAME of thy holy child Jesus.​

That prayer was answered!

Acts 4:31
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spoke the word of God with (boldness).​

Another New Testament example of someone seeking (boldness) is Paul. This apostle of faith asked the Church at Ephesus to pray for him...

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, so that, when I begin to speak, the right words will come to me. Then I will (boldly) make known the secret of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may be able to speak (boldly) as I ought to.​

(Kenneth E. Hagin) in Timeless Teachings.

"It's obvious that the word (boldness) stands out in Hagin's article. However, (another) word that is also most important is... ONE ACCORD, which is only mentioned once here in his article. As the Church started and continued, notice the many mentions of ONE ACCORD that followed even before and after (Acts 4) that Hagin used for his (boldness) article.

-Acts 2:1
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

-Acts 2:46
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple...

-Acts 4:24
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord...

-Acts 5:12
And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; and they were with one accord...

-Acts 7:57
Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord...

-Acts 8:6
And the people with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip...

-Acts 12:20
And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him...

-Acts 15:25
It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord....​

It would seem that there is our answer... They were being BOLD and in ONE ACCORD.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So I assume this is directed at me, thank you - I dont attend a irs 401c3 corporation government sanctioned church much like yourself, so when mr browne says (book and page included) he doesnt
care if it is the Holy Spirit, man (made) or a demon spirit rejoice either way? He doesnt hide the fact that a demon spirit isfine and to rejoice? This is what the word of God has taught you in His word? When his slain in the spirit or holy laughter (his words) has absolutely no scriptural backing and in fact he uses scripture (as stated above) wrong and this is ok with you?

If the spirit he brings is not backed as Godly by scripture it isnt period, this is how we test the spirits, we try an find where paul or others taught that the holy spirit makes them fall down laughter and include making lion dog and pig noises and being unable to talk for hours and being held in place unable to move or be moved.... show me if you have scripture that shows people laughting out of control and falling on the floor and cant control themselves and none of this is anywhere in the word attributed to the Holy Spirit?

I'm not going after wof teachings about money here, the man himself said it.... cant you see that the Holy Spirit isnt going to then come down to him when he cares not who comes. Cause a Christians only wants the Holy Spirit and never man or demon..... have I not spoken the truth here today... least someone report me..... does not the word of God teach as I have here today?

Upvote 0

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Busy_zpsl2sxm6dd.gif

So you feel that when believers in the bible talked of a spirit filled church that a demon was one of the options God offered to believers? The real question about browne teaching is which spirit did he get and which spirit is going into those people in the video and that spirit isnt covered by scripture as the Holy Spirit...... atleast if we go by the word.

Upvote 0

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Think about it, mr browne doesnt care if a demon spirit comes to his show and goes into believers..... isnt this a red flag? Isnt this very serious thing to allow a spirit into you to control you in wuch a manner and not have scripture backing that spirit up as the one and only Holy Spirit? Does this not both need to conform to the word and and come with the believers job of using the word to Test the spirits?

Upvote 0