• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Rock legend Stevie Nicks: Without my abortion, there would’ve been no Fleetwood Mac

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+34,768
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    'There’s just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly...And I knew that the music we were going to bring to the world was going to heal so many people’s hearts and make people so happy.'

October 17, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — A two-time inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has asserted that the world would have been deprived of the happiness and healing her singing career produced if she had not had an abortion four decades ago.

Legendary singer Stevie Nicks said in a recent interview with The Guardian that if she hadn’t aborted the child she conceived with Eagles singer Don Henley in 1979, she's “pretty sure there would have been no Fleetwood Mac.”

“There’s just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly,” said Nicks.

“And there were a lot of drugs, I was doing a lot of drugs … I would have had to walk away,” said the now-72-year-old singer. “And I knew that the music we were going to bring to the world was going to heal so many people’s hearts and make people so happy.”

“And I thought: you know what? That’s really important,” she claimed. “There’s not another band in the world that has two lead women singers, two lead women writers. That was my world’s mission.”

“Abortion rights, that was really my generation’s fight,” said Nicks, who declared that recently deceased Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg was her hero. “If President Trump wins this election and puts the judge he wants in, she will absolutely outlaw it and push women back into back-alley abortions.”

Continued below.
    Rock legend Stevie Nicks: Without my abortion, there would’ve been no Fleetwood Mac

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

+34,768
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Nicks, who reportedly has had a total of four abortions, is not without regret.

3. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,025
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Guess the group would have had one less diva regardless, if her mother had had the same attitude.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. Michie

+34,768
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  5. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,235
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I guess if she hadn't had an affair with one of the band members she wouldn't have written some of the hit songs that made them so much money, er, I mean, made so many people happy.

6. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+4,422
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Um, Fleetwood Mac existed before you, Stevie. And (as far as personal taste goes), it was better before you, Stevie. Sorry, try again.

7. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,393
    Christian