Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are some other Christian metalbands.

Holy Blood - The Spring(folkmetal)

Illuminandi - Hymn of all Creation(Gothic metal)

Illuminandi - W drodze(in polish)

Extol - A Structure Of Souls.

A Structure Of Souls

[Music: O. Børud, Lyrics: O. Børud]

A fusion is conceived / Through a synchronizing Faith
Exposing forces unseen
This is the embodiment of Love

Growing, the image of a man appears
His limbs are injected with power
The heart of his mission is peace / And deliverance

Stronger, his body increases with strength
Absorbing a Godly nourishment
The members work in one accord / Reaching the fullness of man

A Structure of Souls / Bounded by one Spirit
A union of hearts / Saved by the same Spirit

We are the members of / The body of the Son
We are the Church of Christ

Freedom is to be our destiny / Due to the eternal grace
That comes from the Author of Life / The one and only God

And this one is also very nice of them(I have many favourites but can't put them all in here ;) )

Extol - Superior.

Superior

Behold He comes from the cross
Where He suffered for our souls
Behold the King of Life
Is entering the fields of death

In the dark empire of death
A light is shining through the mist
As the Lord of Life and Death
Enters the gates of pure evil

By the sight of Him
The demons are shaking
And the power of darkness flees
And death for His feet is slain

Predetermined through the ancient prophecies
The incarnation of God and His victory
Over death through purity and holiness
His name is forever to be praised

And then I will end with one more song for this time.

Mortification - Crusade For The king.
Mortification - Crusade For The King

Crusade For The King

[2 Corinthians 10:3, Ephesians 6:10-13]
[Chorus]

Crusader, Crusade for the King
Immortal, set fire to the world

The love of our faith, the Saviour
Hating the ways of evil
Darkness descends on battle, crushing extremes
The Sword of the Spirit, equip us
to keep our heart of freedom
Cover the sky with angels sovereignly prayed

[Chorus repeat]

Now rend your heart with solace
Satanic force will die
Saving our souls in battle, our Christian faith
Living with reign of Jesus, breaking the legions
Evil in horror, their fatal grave

[Bridge]
Your blood, the saints, cover your soul
Offer your life to Christ, Eternal

Cover the blood of the saints
with the power of God
Offer your life to Christ, your soul eternal
Kill the ways of hell, starve the evil
Raise the word, defiance, plunder Beelzebub

[Chorus repeat]

[Interlude - Eph. 6:10-13]
Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord
and in the power of His might
Put on the whole armour of God
that you may be able to stand
Against the wiles of the devil
for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood
but against principalities and powers
Against the rulers of the darkness of this age
Against spiritual hosts of wickedness
in heavenly places
[Verse 1 repeat]

[Bridge repeat]

[Chorus repeat]
Great ref. to Ephesians 6 there!

Sounds like you appreciate loud metal and screamo.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great ref. to Ephesians 6 there!

Sounds like you appreciate loud metal and screamo.

I enjoy listening to a variety of music. But since this thread is about rock and metal I thought I could share some of my favourites in here. ;) But this isn't the only music I listen to...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy listening to a variety of music. But since this thread is about rock and metal I thought I could share some of my favourites in here. ;) But this isn't the only music I listen to...
Seems like you know how to enjoy rasping screamo and fast, loud metal, anyway.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. I guess you aren't too fond of this type of music, or? ;)
Oh I can appreciate it!

Good to have hard hitting Biblical lyrics.

I guess fast metal and hard rock with screamo might not be best for congregational signing, but they can be an effective medium for hard hitting Biblical lyrics sometimes.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(shameless plug) My nephew plays bass in this band (on the left hand side, with all the hair...so much hair...lol)

reminds me of Iron Maiden and Fates Warning

Hi; so your nephew is the guy with all the hair? :)

So are you into loud and fast metal and hard rock?

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi; so your nephew is the guy with all the hair? :)

So are you into loud and fast metal and hard rock?

Yeah I just realized they all have lots of hair except Juan, the singer lol. Yes he is the bassist.

I've been listening to rock and metal since the 80's (I just dated myself lol). I like all types of music depending on the mood but rock and metal have been a constant.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have always been a big fan of rock and metal music. I don't listen to artists like Slayer or Black Sabbath or any band that is anti-God or anti-Christ but I do enjoy groups like Metallica and Alice Cooper. I've never seen a problem with this as the songs I like don't contain anything I would consider blasphamous or offensive. I just wanted to get some Christian opinions on this as I don't have many Christians in my social circle.

Metallica covered a song about selling their souls to the devil.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm an Alice Cooper fan myself, and as mentioned, he is a Christian. I don't think genre itself is the issue. Lyrics make a statement, but musical style, such as chords and rhythm, have no relevance. It's just a matter of personal taste, not morality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always been a big fan of rock and metal music. I don't listen to artists like Slayer or Black Sabbath or any band that is anti-God or anti-Christ but I do enjoy groups like Metallica and Alice Cooper. I've never seen a problem with this as the songs I like don't contain anything I would consider blasphamous or offensive. I just wanted to get some Christian opinions on this as I don't have many Christians in my social circle.

If you think Metallica never sang anything blasphemous or offensive you must never have seen this video:

• Agree
Reactions: HenryM
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 7:31 “To what, then, can I compare the men of this generation? What are they like?
32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another, “‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.’

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you think Metallica never sang anything blasphemous or offensive you must never have seen this video:

Great find. Funny how it just takes to look at what's actually coming out of singer's mouth to get all the info you need. But those that don't want to see it, won't see it. Hopefully they'll see it at some point.

Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael
I always liked Alice Cooper since 1975 when the Department of Youth single came out, man, I loved that stuff. I was only a young teen then when "Welcome to my nightmare" album was released.
Missed out on seeing him that year but about 14 years later in '89 he did his Trash tour and went to see him then.

Used to be into the band/party scene back in those days before being saved and nothing much made me afraid but Cooper's gig unnerved my girlfriend and I and we felt a relief driving home. Could not work it out, loved the gig, the songs, the energy, the guy himself but sensed something wrong.

No wonder! Cold Ethyl is a song about nechramancy, (worship of the dead, or talking to the dead, or 'making out with the dead).

"I don't wanna break these chains" was sung in 'poison' as a guy was trapped in a sexual relationship with an aids patient.

Naive Christians, be aware of what we listen to. This is deadly serious.
We are responsible for what we let into our temple, through our five senses. We "chant" those ungodly lyrics and we can let in strongholds. Alice Cooper Aka Vincent Furnier's dad was a LDS minister.

Check out any YouTube videos on 'Alice Cooper on God" and he will never mention our Lord Jesus.

No wonder, the man has demons, remember what Jesus said about " out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks". Cooper will make a joke of it all but at the same time collect millions of dollars with fame whilst dragging unsuspecting naive new converts (if this were possible) to hell with all of his garbage.

Remember dear one, our Lord said this " whoever offends any of His little ones then it would be better for him to have a millstone tied around his neck and cast into the sea."

Be very wise with what you listen to and give your time to as we are approaching that great and terrible day as It draws nearer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are free in Christ and Christ does not condemn us for what we listen to. However, if you love Jesus and seek to be his disciple you will avoid anything that does not edify. When we partake in things that don't edify we and others around us suffer a degree of death. Life comes from that which builds up. This is a matter of wisdom.

Upvote 0

kurayami

Mar 4, 2011
Morwell
Visit site
✟8,365.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I've been a metal fan longer than I've been a Christian, and though they don't really do any Christian themed metal, Megadeth is great. The main stays of the band Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson are both born again and the latter is in training to become a minister. Their very early stuff (1980s) is a bit odd at times, but everything 1990 onwards is pretty good. I highly recommend them.

Other alternative/metal bands that are Christian which I really like are Red, Skillet, Fireflight (their album Unbreakable is great - the rest is a bit ordinary), Kutless and anything by Hawk Nelson from 2013 onwards when they changed singers.

Other non-Christian metal bands that are really good include Halestorm, Sonata Arctica, Evanescence (lead singer is a Christian, but the themes aren't noticeably so), Delain, Leaves Eyes, Within Temptation and Tarot

Upvote 0

Mark_Ward

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
✟9,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like your post has gone well, you have met some like minded individuals. I will give you a kind of theological answer.

The bible says "Don't be overly righteous, why destroy yourself, neither be overly wicked why die before your time".

This tells us, not to focus on the absolute purity of a thing, it will kill our enjoyment of life. But not to become focused on, or indulge in evil.

With music, it is essentially just sound, no form of Music of its own self is evil. It is what it does inside us that counts. Jesus said "food does not defile you, what comes from inside a man defiles, not what you put in your mouth"

The same is true with music, you can put in any form of music, it won't defile you, but it is what it does inside you that counts. If a form of music or artist causes you to lust, then you are being defiled by the artist, because it is defiling you internally. Just skip through the songs on your play list that cause ungodly emotions (if you have any song like that, not saying you do).
well said

I listen to all kinds of music I enjoy it for what it is. It does not influence who I am or what I believe and as such I don't think it is an issue. Some of the music is crass and has awful lyrics, but I am not an impressionable teen

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are free in Christ and Christ does not condemn us for what we listen to. However, if you love Jesus and seek to be his disciple you will avoid anything that does not edify. When we partake in things that don't edify we and others around us suffer a degree of death. Life comes from that which builds up. This is a matter of wisdom.

Yep. Well said Alex. And that's why I get most edified by THIS: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Pilgrim Heir

Feb 10, 2017
Ecuador
✟18,835.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like your post has gone well, you have met some like minded individuals. I will give you a kind of theological answer.

The bible says "Don't be overly righteous, why destroy yourself, neither be overly wicked why die before your time".

This tells us, not to focus on the absolute purity of a thing, it will kill our enjoyment of life. But not to become focused on, or indulge in evil.

With music, it is essentially just sound, no form of Music of its own self is evil. It is what it does inside us that counts. Jesus said "food does not defile you, what comes from inside a man defiles, not what you put in your mouth"

The same is true with music, you can put in any form of music, it won't defile you, but it is what it does inside you that counts. If a form of music or artist causes you to lust, then you are being defiled by the artist, because it is defiling you internally. Just skip through the songs on your play list that cause ungodly emotions (if you have any song like that, not saying you do).

I am not a musician. I know so little about music that the pastor of my church 10 years ago pulled me aside to test and see if I was tone deaf. But at the seminary where I studied, and in many churches that I visited before going to the mission field, there is the strong belief that music has rules. They hold that rock music breaks those rules making it ungodly. I write this only to express the fact that there are many Christians who disagree with your statement that ¨no form of music of its own self is evil.¨

Upvote 0