ROC Declares War Against ISIS A 'Holy Battle'

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Umm Stray, read my previous posts and links. But just in case you want mainstream media sources aligned with your government's propaganda here is from 2013:
CIA begins weapons delivery to Syrian rebels - The Washington Post
CIA-funded weapons begin to reach Syrian rebels - CNNPolitics.com
Kerry says U.S. will expedite new aid to Syrian opposition - The Washington Post

Specifically read the CNN article from 2013. The FSA never recieved the anti-tank weapons because the moderates were the al nusra front in 2013. Now dont try to pull that patriotic crap with USA=good, Everyone else=bad, and tell me how America always knows who the moderates are, like they have been telling us the past 2 weeks but screwing it up for the past 4 years.

Oh and just in case you dont think the psychopaths in the State Department play both sides of the coin. Here is Lebanons military aid earlier this year to combat the 'jihadists"(the moderates) that go off the reservation and orchestrate attacks on Lebanon:

Lebanon gets U.S. arms, vehicles to fight militants - Al Arabiya News
Lebanese Army receives US weapon shipment | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR

So you have no source on Toyota trucks to Al Nursa by the government?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It is sad that some people would rather demonize a secular leader to benefit sectarian terrorists at the expense of Christians than what listen to what actual Christians who have lived under said secular leader have said and are still saying. Assad's no angel, but picking between him and the alternatives is like trying to decide whether you'd want to be jailed with Bernie Madoff or Jeffrey Dahmer. Sure, it's a lousy situation either and they're both scumbags, but one of them (and only one) is literally a crazy murderer.

I'll take "But he's a bad guy!" over "Help! He's eating my heart!" any day.

Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Admin Hat On
This thread has undergone a clean up and is being reopened.
If you notice a post of yours missing it was removed in the cleanup.
Please remember to address the post and not the poster and do not flame.

If you are not a member of this faith group please keep in mind that you are welcome
to
fellowship here but please do not debate. Thank you.
Admin Hat Off

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay this is a tough subject. While I support Putin crushing the nutjob Salafists and the muslim brotherhood creeps who hide their agenda behind the mask of "democracy" I'm cynical Putin is doing all this for reasons like protecting Eastern Christians/ I think Put is aiming for a oil & gas empire plus he is also kicking the americans out of the region. I'll admit seeing Iranian twelvers gain ground in the region makes me nervous. Yet I have to admit that since at least 1979 whatever it 'sdealing with the Islamic insurgencies in caucuses, going into Afghanistan, backing Greece against the Turks over Cyprus, favoring Christian Armenians against pro-Turkish Azerbaijan, backing the Serbs against the KLA, etc. that Russia in the last 3 1/2 decades has the better track record concerning Radical Islam than our country.

Now America track record has been garbage and it not even all Obama fault. Obama is guilty of course but look at it in recent history for a moment. Nixon put us on the petrodollar and cemented our millitary being the saudis protectors, Jimmy Carter threw the Shah under the Bus, and backed the Mujahedeen. A lot of people favorite president Ronald Regan cut & ran from Beirut when the Iranians blew up the barracks, supported the mujahedeen and then sold arms to the Iranians in the Iran-Contra affair. George Bush Sr went to war for Kuwait (a mini Saudi Arabia) plus also threw the Kurds under the bus towards the end of Desert Storm. Bill Clinton let Bin Laden have a free pass to travel from Sudan to Afghanistan even after the 1st WTC bombing. Bill Clinton also supported the Albanian KLA and Bosnian jihadists against the Orthodox Serbs.

Vladimir Putin may not have the most perfect record and may be using the plight of Christians to advance his own agenda. Vladimir Putin ulterior motives don't matter at all because from the looks of it seems like Russia has the better track record concerning Radical Islam than America.

Last edited:
Upvote 0