Robot Stole Your Job? Tax Him, Says Bill Gates

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Job-stealing robots should be taxed the same as humans, Bill Gates says. "If a robot comes in to do the same thing, you’d think that we’d tax the robot at a similar level," the Microsoft founder tells Quartz. He says governments should tax companies that replace workers with machines and use that money to fund jobs that can only be performed by humans, such as caring for children and the elderly.

Robot Stole Your Job? Tax Him, Says Bill Gates

Reactions: LinguaIgnota

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Bill Gates also advocates putting down grandma in order to hire more teachers. Something I briefly wrote about here. We need to keep that in mind when we hear Technocrats like Gates speak on issues such as these. Ultimately just want control. They will be no more concerned about the masses post-automation than they were prior.

With that being said automation is going to be a real issue. I don't know what the solution is to the problems it will bring but I don't believe it's an issue you can just tax your way out of. It's quite possible that "Made by humans" will be the "Made in the USA" of the next generation.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Bill Gates also advocates putting down grandma in order to hire more teachers. Something I briefly wrote about here. We need to keep that in mind when we hear Technocrats like Gates speak on issues such as these. Ultimately just want control. They will be no more concerned about the masses post-automation than they were prior.

With that being said automation is going to be a real issue. I don't know what the solution is to the problems it will bring but I don't believe it's an issue you can just tax your way out of. It's quite possible that "Made by humans" will be the "Made in the USA" of the next generation.
Propably more like "Made in China". Robots usually do superior work because they don't make mistakes or cut corners, they just follow their programming.

Even in china, factories are replacing their workers with robots.

Of course, we COULD all relish the fruits of innovention and live in higher standards while only working for 4 hours a day, because that would be all it takes for everyone to work to maintain and raise our living standard, but I think it's far more likely that there will be a rich class that profits from the robot work, and the people who are no longer neccessary will be starved out while the rest has to work just as hard or harder to keep their status.

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Eventually, we'll run out of jobs to do due to automation...

What then?

In my opinion: population control.

It's far cheaper to just kill people than it is to care for them at that stage.

It's something technocrats have advocated for a long time.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Eventually, we'll run out of jobs to do due to automation...

What then?
The sensible way would be to kick back and turn our minds to loftier pursuits instead of running in the daily hamster wheel of work. Spend more time caring for each other, being empathetic, learning and exploring, travelling the world or just having fun in whatever way desired.

But given human nature, I think that most would rather perish ourselves than see other people get a free meal.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The sensible way would be to kick back and turn our minds to loftier pursuits instead of running in the daily hamster wheel of work. Spend more time caring for each other, being empathetic, learning and exploring, travelling the world or just having fun in whatever way desired.

Assuming the world will adopt a new form of economy since trying to make money with robots and computers doing all the work will be absurd.

But given human nature, I think that most would rather perish ourselves than see other people get a free meal.

This is the kind of mindset that is quite persistent in 3rd world countries...That is one of the reasons why they are still 3rd world and corruption is severe. Greed is paramount and almost worshiped, very little hindsight, very little care about the future.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion: population control.

It's far cheaper to just kill people than it is to care for them at that stage.

It's something technocrats have advocated for a long time.

o_O

Instead of killing people, birth control is also a very effective population control.

It is entirely possible to greatly reduce human population in just half a century purely through birth control alone. No need to deliberately anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think Bill Gates is old enough to go first if he's really serious about it. Be the role model as they say!;)
He doesn't actually advocate this. At least I can't find any source except the linked article stating that he does, with no further links as proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
o_O

Instead of killing people, birth control is also a very effective population control.

It is entirely possible to greatly reduce human population in just half a century purely through birth control alone. No need to deliberately anyone.

I agree but the Technocratic movement has always had Satanic influences. And much like Satan they hate mankind.

Upvote 0