Is Rob Zombie a Christian? What Religion is He?

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lightchild said:
and you say your holiness hasnt been affected by listening to satanic music, but that in and of itself tells me it has. if you cant see the fact that youre making excuses to engage in something that blatantly doesnt glorify God, thats definitely an effect on your holiness. pray about that.

No, you're making excuses to try and tell me I'm wrong.

I'm not making excuses, I'm saying I made a choice that I have no problem with.

It hasn't affected me at all (I've asked my family if I'm any different than before I started listening to it, and they say no), so how is it wrong?

You are seriously misguided if you think that because I say my holiness isn't affected that means it is.

So if I said that it is affected that means it isn't?

Upvote 0

momgreenlady

Aug 3, 2006
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, this is quite a post. I think we know what some people's opinions are about this subject. This is something that I have thought about in my life as well. I went to a Christian college where I was pretty much condemned for listening to secular music. Maybe this put me over the edge just to rebel, not sure. I do know that I listen to Rob Zombie and went to his concert twice this year. I think that we do have to be careful about where we put ourselves. I for one do not go to bars because I have an addictive personality and that would be a bad environment for me. Other people are fine there but not fine at rock concerts. I believe that each of us is different with different gifts and wer are convicted of different things at different times in our lives.

I love horror movies as well and have always been intrigued by Stephen King, Dean Koontz and the like. Rob Zombie plays into that well. His music is very hard rock and I love it! I have not found a "christian" artist that sounds anything like it. I will have to say that some of his music talks about killing people and that does seem harsh. Yet, I am not one to hide from the sins in this world. People do kill people, it happens. He is singing about the evil in this world, that does not mean that he condones it. How often do we really get to know an artists true intentions? Art is left for the observers interpretations. So for me it's not the artist that has an issue but the person listening or watching or looking at the art. If it causes you to "stumble" then it is not good for you. Sometimes we don't know it is making us stumble either until down the road when God convicts us of it. Then I truelly believe that He uses our experience for His work.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
momgreenlady said:
I have not found a "christian" artist that sounds anything like it. I will have to say that some of his music talks about killing people and that does seem harsh. Yet, I am not one to hide from the sins in this world. People do kill people, it happens. He is singing about the evil in this world, that does not mean that he condones it.

i'm worried that those who cant even consider the possiblity that this type of music isnt acceptable as christians to listen to, are already for lack of a better term brainwashed by the purpose of the ex-angel of music himself. music was satans specialty when he was in heaven with God till he decided he wanted to be God. it makes sense that satan would know how to influence musicians and their music and still have the listeners not realize that he is. if it doesnt influence you, then try to stop listening to it. go for a different band, research heavily christian alternatives to rob zombie. whether he 'condones' murder or not isnt the issue. his music isnt wholesome period.

the bible says to avoid even the appearance of evil...and well rob zombie definitely appears evil. here read this christian review of rob

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/music/music/a0000739.cfm

let me know...

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:

if so then how can you argue living a wholesome life? something you'd be proud to show Jesus when you get to heaven. dont answer methis, because iknow what youll say but answer for yourself. do you really think Jesus would listen to that? do you think that Jesus would approve of you listening to music that speaks of things he warns against in the bible? like the other poster said, he just talks about the evils in the world, but whats the point? we know theres evil. music should be something that allows us to escape it, not revel in it. as christians the bible says we're in the world not OF the world. why listen to music thats of the world?

what kind of message are you sending non-christians when you listen to satanic music, or approve of sinful lifestyles. youre telling them that life with God is no different than life without. thats selling them, yourself, and God short.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a completely ignorant statement.

I never said I approve of sinful lifestyles.

I listen to music because I like it. If it happens to have satanic themes I don't care. It's the music I care about.

Sorry to tell you, but christian music is very much of the world.

I would say most christian bands are just in it for the money, and don't even believe what they sing about. So what makes them different than secular artists?

And just because someone doesn't sing about God, doesn't mean they automatically are glorifying satan.

EVERYTHING is of the world. Your food is of the world, your clothes. Music, whether it glorifies God or not, is of the world.

I'm sick of people like you, so self righteous and telling everyone what to do.

You think you are right, that does not make it so.

I wish Yam Kimil was still here, he was better at argueing this than I am.

Maybe Arthyron will jump in, I could use the help.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i'm not self righteous. and since when does being secure in what i believe make me such a thing? i could say the same thing about you. but everything ive told you is backed up by bible verses and all youve done is attack that and refuse to look at what it is that God says and wants. show me where in the bible it says its ok to engage in sinful behaviour because you like it. show me and i'll shut up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lightchild said:
i'm not self righteous. and since when does being secure in what i believe make me such a thing? i could say the same thing about you. but everything ive told you is backed up by bible verses and all youve done is attack that and refuse to look at what it is that God says and wants. show me where in the bible it says its ok to engage in sinful behaviour because you like it. show me and i'll shut up.

But listening to music isn't sinful behavior.

I believe you're misinterpeting things.

There was a good article I read, let me find it.

EDIT: Here

http://www.decapolis.com/faith_/pages/SecularMusicEvil.shtml

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ok i read the article, and some of it is good, but it sounds like some of the same modern american teenager stuff i was referring to earlier. i wasnt saying that it was blatantly dishonorable to God to sing and listen to music about forks and hotdogs.

but when youre listening to music about murder with swearing or whatever else thats in the music is, the story changes. leaving the matter of whether it causes you to sin behind, because thats a given; if youre willingly exposing yourself to something ungodly, it can and probably will influence you in ways you may not even know. it could slowly allow you to rationalize some things in your head. in my opinion, this is a great example that youre rationalizing listening to sinful music.

from the article: So is it wrong to listen to someone sinning? No. We read in the Bible examples on people sinning throughout

well its not wrong to read the bible and read aboutthe sins commited in there. why? because God gave us that book in order to learn from it and to understand the past of our ancestors. it wont negatively influence a person because the spirit behind it is godly.

ungodly music on the other hand, along with every other thing in its entertainment genre that is spiritually unsound, it doesnt matter if your music makes you fall asleep or if it makes you wanna go do drugs or fornicate or kill someone. while those are notable outcomes, the point is to not continually expose yourself to something not designed to bring praise to the almighty God. all music, like the article says was originated to be praise and worship for the Lord. but things didnt all remain that way. satan turned on him. people sending themselves to hell isnt a part of God being praised. music that isnt wholesome is also not a part of praising God.

i hope that got my point across.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lightchild said:
ok i read the article, and some of it is good, but it sounds like some of the same modern american teenager stuff i was referring to earlier. i wasnt saying that it was blatantly dishonorable to God to sing and listen to music about forks and hotdogs.

but when youre listening to music about murder with swearing or whatever else thats in the music is, the story changes. leaving the matter of whether it causes you to sin behind, because thats a given; if youre willingly exposing yourself to something ungodly, it can and probably will influence you in ways you may not even know. it could slowly allow you to rationalize some things in your head. in my opinion, this is a great example that youre rationalizing listening to sinful music.

from the article: So is it wrong to listen to someone sinning? No. We read in the Bible examples on people sinning throughout

well its not wrong to read the bible and read aboutthe sins commited in there. why? because God gave us that book in order to learn from it and to understand the past of our ancestors. it wont negatively influence a person because the spirit behind it is godly.

ungodly music on the other hand, along with every other thing in its entertainment genre that is spiritually unsound, it doesnt matter if your music makes you fall asleep or if it makes you wanna go do drugs or fornicate or kill someone. while those are notable outcomes, the point is to not continually expose yourself to something not designed to bring praise to the almighty God. all music, like the article says was originated to be praise and worship for the Lord. but things didnt all remain that way. satan turned on him. people sending themselves to hell isnt a part of God being praised. music that isnt wholesome is also not a part of praising God.

i hope that got my point across.

Read it again.

They also say that there is no sin unless the music causes you to sin.

So you can listen to whatever you want, as long as it doesn't cause you to sin.

They also talk about bands with bad lyrics.

Also the intent of a band is to make good music.

You were talking about intentions, and that's the intention. Not to lead people to satan.

I'm rationalizing because I know it's not a sin.

You can have personal convictions, but don't try and force them on me.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
Read it again.

They also say that there is no sin unless the music causes you to sin.

So you can listen to whatever you want, as long as it doesn't cause you to sin.

They also talk about bands with bad lyrics.

Also the intent of a band is to make good music.

You were talking about intentions, and that's the intention. Not to lead people to satan.

I'm rationalizing because I know it's not a sin.

You can have personal convictions, but don't try and force them on me.

doesnt it seem possible that maybe God wouldnt want you to listen to sinful music, possibly becauseit is sinning? in and of itself? that would be causing you to sin. but likei said in my last post, its a given that if it causes you to sin, stop listening to it. that wasnt my point. my point was that if its not wholesome then you shouldnt be willingly exposing yourself to it for no purpose other than entertainment. if entertainment is what you seek, find it elsewhere. but as a christian you are expected by people and most of all God to livea wholesome lifestyle. what kind of message are you sending to non-christians and GOd when you're allowing yourself to be immersed in somethign that its undebatably unwholesome?

i never said anything about intentions. i said the spirit behind it makes the difference. besides, havent you ever heard of the phrase, the road to hell is pavedwith good intentions? well...intend all you like, but people are bound to miss the mark somewhere. enough said.

and you dont need to rationalize something if it doesntneed to be rationalized, like innocence. if it needs rationalization, its probably wise to rethink why you're rationalizing in thefirst place.

and lastly, i'm not forcing anything on you. we're both discussing our strong points of view. im not forcing anything on you, you're not forcing anything on me. this a forum though, what else to you expect but steadfast people ready and willing to spread their knowledge and ideas?

you shoudlnt get so defensive. nobodys attacking you. simply using the bible for guidance and if that strikes a nerve, then perhaps theres something you should pray about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
what kind of christian would i be if i didnt? Ezekiel 33: 1 - 11 explains that if you see a man going down a path that leads to destruction, and you do nothing to save him then his blood is on your hands if he dies. however if you do try and save him and he dies anyway, its his own doing. im simply giving you the information you need in order to make an informed decision. what you do or dont do from here on in...is on you.

Upvote 0

Arthyron

Feb 19, 2006
Lafayette, IN, USA
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lightchild said:
doesnt it seem possible that maybe God wouldnt want you to listen to sinful music, possibly becauseit is sinning? in and of itself? that would be causing you to sin. but likei said in my last post, its a given that if it causes you to sin, stop listening to it. that wasnt my point. my point was that if its not wholesome then you shouldnt be willingly exposing yourself to it for no purpose other than entertainment. if entertainment is what you seek, find it elsewhere. but as a christian you are expected by people and most of all God to livea wholesome lifestyle. what kind of message are you sending to non-christians and GOd when you're allowing yourself to be immersed in somethign that its undebatably unwholesome?

i never said anything about intentions. i said the spirit behind it makes the difference. besides, havent you ever heard of the phrase, the road to hell is pavedwith good intentions? well...intend all you like, but people are bound to miss the mark somewhere. enough said.

and you dont need to rationalize something if it doesntneed to be rationalized, like innocence. if it needs rationalization, its probably wise to rethink why you're rationalizing in thefirst place.

and lastly, i'm not forcing anything on you. we're both discussing our strong points of view. im not forcing anything on you, you're not forcing anything on me. this a forum though, what else to you expect but steadfast people ready and willing to spread their knowledge and ideas?

you shoudlnt get so defensive. nobodys attacking you. simply using the bible for guidance and if that strikes a nerve, then perhaps theres something you should pray about.
Don't even start with this...I've already tirelessly rebutted this narrow-minded stance...oooh....4..5 times now? Go look in past threads if you want to see why I believe Scripture has no problem with it. If God convicts you specifically, that's one thing, but going just off of Scripture, there is not a single passage you can cite that irrefutably proves this point of view.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lightchild said:
but everything ive told you is backed up by bible verses
Alright, if that's the case, where are Scripture references for these?
now think of this, lucifer, aka satan was the angel of what? music!
i said earlier that satan was the angel of music. do you really think that the master of deception, with a specialty in music
music was satans specialty when he was in heaven with God till he decided he wanted to be God
Running searches through BibleGateway, looking through the topical index in my NKJV, browsing Wikipedia, and even consulting the entries for Lucifer, Satan, and Angel of Music in Gustav Davidson's Dictionary of Angels doesn't turn up that association.

The place I did find the connection of Satan with 'angel of music' online was an offhanded remark about how great his power was, but predictably, there were no Scriptural references to that assertion.

Upvote 0

momgreenlady

Aug 3, 2006
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what kind of christian would i be if i didnt? Ezekiel 33: 1 - 11 explains that if you see a man going down a path that leads to destruction, and you do nothing to save him then his blood is on your hands if he dies. however if you do try and save him and he dies anyway, its his own doing. im simply giving you the information you need in order to make an informed decision. what you do or dont do from here on in...is on you.

Yes, you have made your point and thank you for doing so. That is just how you should leave it. From reading through all the posts it comes off as you badgering us "sinners" and that just gets under the skin. I just wanted to say that many of your statements did not sound like you were coming from a place of love. Many of them were judgemental and condemning. I only state this so that maybe you can see that if you are trying to help a sinning bro/sis that you might want to change your tactics to a little more loving.

I will have to say that I have thought about this subject much in my life and I have decided that if I can find glory to God in the music then I like it. Pink Floyd and NIN in fact are two of my fave poets. For me they touch my heart and bring me to that place where I am completely praising God. They are real and deep into my soul with my issues and my heart. I don't believe that God created that for everyone. So maybe there are people out there that just can't see it like some of us do. It is perhaps our gift and others have another gift.

Upvote 0