Is Rob Zombie a Christian? What Religion is He?

F

flapjack122

hey guys ( and girls ), i love rock and some metal, and i recently discovered the music of rob zombie ( dragula got me interested in his music stlye and then i listen to more of " hellbilly deluxe " ). of course i know rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ". i saw a mtv cribs episode and they toured his house and i didnt see anything satanic or anything and he seemed to be cool and had a sense of humor. zombie loves the horror genre and the gory makeup and i have to admit, i love horror movies also, and the reason he dresses so " satanic " like is for the genre ( of horror and shock ) and if he's doing the whole " 666 ", satanic imagery thing just for shock value and nothing more, is it wrong to listen to his music as a christian? i feel troubled by this because i like his music stlye, but i feel guilty if i shouldn't be listening to it as a christian. i would appreciate it if some of you chrisitans would help me with my problem and give me some insight, thank you for your time

flap

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
flapjack122 said:
hey guys ( and girls ), i love rock and some metal, and i recently discovered the music of rob zombie ( dragula got me interested in his music stlye and then i listen to more of " hellbilly deluxe " ). of course i know rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ". i saw a mtv cribs episode and they toured his house and i didnt see anything satanic or anything and he seemed to be cool and had a sense of humor. zombie loves the horror genre and the gory makeup and i have to admit, i love horror movies also, and the reason he dresses so " satanic " like is for the genre ( of horror and shock ) and if he's doing the whole " 666 ", satanic imagery thing just for shock value and nothing more, is it wrong to listen to his music as a christian? i feel troubled by this because i like his music stlye, but i feel guilty if i shouldn't be listening to it as a christian. i would appreciate it if some of you chrisitans would help me with my problem and give me some insight, thank you for your time

flap
i have to say that your guilt isnt for nothing. that guilt is conviction. when i read this bit in your post:

rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ".

that worries me about a lot of teens these days. they dont realize that what you listen to and what you see, are all being taken in, whether yuo know it or not. how else do you think human behaviour is learned in the first place? most children walk and talk like their parents and never know it till someone else points it out. its the same with music.

now think of this, lucifer, aka satan was the angel of what? music! the music doesnt even need to have words in order to influence a person. thats why all the new age artists n stuff get a lot of christian props because they think that since it has no words, that its ok. but no, spirituality doesnt need words to get its point across. when you're dressing up as something that looks satanic, what's the message youre conveying? that you're a satanist. the bible says to avoid all appearance of evil. you dont want to be mistaken for a person who is mixed up in satanic things, do you?

bottom line, yes, it's wrong as a christian to support rob zombie, or marilyn manson, or led zeppelin, no matter how good the music sounds. are good beats really worth your holiness?

lastly, i understand the like for that type of music, but theres plenty of christian alternatives, like demon hunter, and project 86, and some others. look it up :)

God bless, and good luck

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lightchild said:
i have to say that your guilt isnt for nothing. that guilt is conviction. when i read this bit in your post:

rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ".

that worries me about a lot of teens these days. they dont realize that what you listen to and what you see, are all being taken in, whether yuo know it or not. how else do you think human behaviour is learned in the first place? most children walk and talk like their parents and never know it till someone else points it out. its the same with music.

now think of this, lucifer, aka satan was the angel of what? music! the music doesnt even need to have words in order to influence a person. thats why all the new age artists n stuff get a lot of christian props because they think that since it has no words, that its ok. but no, spirituality doesnt need words to get its point across. when you're dressing up as something that looks satanic, what's the message youre conveying? that you're a satanist. the bible says to avoid all appearance of evil. you dont want to be mistaken for a person who is mixed up in satanic things, do you?

bottom line, yes, it's wrong as a christian to support rob zombie, or marilyn manson, or led zeppelin, no matter how good the music sounds. are good beats really worth your holiness?

lastly, i understand the like for that type of music, but theres plenty of christian alternatives, like demon hunter, and project 86, and some others. look it up :)

God bless, and good luck

Because anyone who dresses in black leather with spikes is a satanist.

Listen, please stop with this garbage.

No one's being taken in.

And the fact is, christian alternatives suck, so why would anyone with any taste want to listen to them?

Ambient music satanic, yeah right.

So Burzum's Hlidskjalf album is satanic even though it's purely keyboards?

His metal stuff isn't even satanic.

Listening to Rob Zombie is NOT going to affect your holiness because:

#1: the satanic stuff is tongue in cheek and fake

#2: even if he was for real, I listen to plenty of satanic bands and my "holiness" hasn't been affected.

What does that tell you?

If something like that affects you you probably already have mental problems or you're weak minded

Bottom line:

if music doesn't affect you then it's fine to listen too, and if you're a normal person it won't

Upvote 0
F

flapjack122

alright i read all your guy's posts and i gotta say iam still confused. i want you guy's too understand this first off all - marilyn manson is someone i do not support. heres a quote from manson in an interview - " i want to be known as the guy that brought down christianity ". what does that say right there? i admit it would be hypocritical to listen to him if thats his message. the guy had 2 ribs removed just to give himselg oral sex, if thats against chrisitanity and the message idk what is. thats y i dont listen to him. but zombie i feel is different. his roots are based on old fashioned rock n roll, not satanism. he loves horror movies and i do too ( the good kind not the same 'ol same 'ol if ya know what i mean ) and what he's done is take that horror genre and crossed it over to music - to make it his own style. a horror rock kind of thing. ya know y he uses the satanic imagery? because people associate that with shock, and horror, and commonly used in horror movies ( ya know one's with cults and stuff ). and if he's wrong to use that in music ( as purely tongue in cheek humor, - just humor ), is it wrong to be shown in horror movies. i mean i get what your saying with thats not something to joke about, but i belive you gotta have a sense of humor, i belive god has one ( i mean not huge or largely encorporated but he has one ). rob is taking that horror, that rock, and that humor, and infusing it with music. i dont want to be mistaken for someone who is involved with satanic things, but if people dont get y i listen to rob ( if i decide to continue to based on the end of this thread ) thats there prob. and if there not comfortable with it, they could ask me and i'll tell them y i do listen to it. i think satan, hell and evil is very serious stuff, believe me i do. but if certain individuals are making humor out of the horror movie/ humor side of the satanic image thing is it wrong? there not making fun of chrsitian beliefs or supporting the imagery as a form of satanism. thats y iam trying to give rob a chance here. please let me know what you think, and if my ideas changed your mind or affected an idea w/e.

lemme know, and thanks for your piece of mind and time

flap

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
Because anyone who dresses in black leather with spikes is a satanist.

Listen, please stop with this garbage.

No one's being taken in.

And the fact is, christian alternatives suck, so why would anyone with any taste want to listen to them?

Ambient music satanic, yeah right.

So Burzum's Hlidskjalf album is satanic even though it's purely keyboards?

His metal stuff isn't even satanic.

Listening to Rob Zombie is NOT going to affect your holiness because:

#1: the satanic stuff is tongue in cheek and fake

#2: even if he was for real, I listen to plenty of satanic bands and my "holiness" hasn't been affected.

What does that tell you?

If something like that affects you you probably already have mental problems or you're weak minded

Bottom line:

if music doesn't affect you then it's fine to listen too, and if you're a normal person it won't

firstly, i never said anyone who dresses with studs and leather is satanic. i happen to like some of that. i have lots of goth christian friends. the difference is when youre wearing contacts that blotch out your eye colour, and youre wearing black lipstick and white face paint to look unhuman etc. its defiling your body and its hiding something that God created for you to treat as it should be...the temple of God.

the whole point of my post was that whether you know it or not, music does effect you in some way. example, a friend of mine, hes a very strong christian, has a prophetic gift and everything. he loves this one secular band that i really disagree with. he came to me and told me about this dream he'd had about the song. that tells me that he takes it in without even knowing. it invades your subconscious. garbage in-garbage out. as christians we're meant to avoid so much as the APPEARANCE of evil. if youre listening to music that promotes even the appearance of evil, or isnt even so subtle, like rob zombie. he probably doesnt even know what hes doing, but listen to his lyrics, do they glorify God? or do they glorify man? that coupled with the way he does things, the things he says, how its not a big deal because its 'funny' thats dangerously close to compromising your faith in order to incorporate things that arent of God.

thats called fence living, also known as lukewarm christianity. and as you probably already know, God would rather you be cold, and on marilyn manson's side of the fence than straddling it. i'm not telling you how to live, but now that you both know this, what you do with the information is your choice. if youre not sure, pray about it! find out if i'm wrong! but dont knock it out of nowhere.

and for the music sucking, i'm pretty sure you havent heard every christian alternative. theres bound to be one that doesnt 'suck' in your opinion. it seems to me that you're looking for an excuse to not answer for what you know is wrong.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lightchild said:
firstly, i never said anyone who dresses with studs and leather is satanic. i happen to like some of that. i have lots of goth christian friends. the difference is when youre wearing contacts that blotch out your eye colour, and youre wearing black lipstick and white face paint to look unhuman etc. its defiling your body and its hiding something that God created for you to treat as it should be...the temple of God.

the whole point of my post was that whether you know it or not, music does effect you in some way. example, a friend of mine, hes a very strong christian, has a prophetic gift and everything. he loves this one secular band that i really disagree with. he came to me and told me about this dream he'd had about the song. that tells me that he takes it in without even knowing. it invades your subconscious. garbage in-garbage out. as christians we're meant to avoid so much as the APPEARANCE of evil. if youre listening to music that promotes even the appearance of evil, or isnt even so subtle, like rob zombie. he probably doesnt even know what hes doing, but listen to his lyrics, do they glorify God? or do they glorify man? that coupled with the way he does things, the things he says, how its not a big deal because its 'funny' thats dangerously close to compromising your faith in order to incorporate things that arent of God.

thats called fence living, also known as lukewarm christianity. and as you probably already know, God would rather you be cold, and on marilyn manson's side of the fence than straddling it. i'm not telling you how to live, but now that you both know this, what you do with the information is your choice. if youre not sure, pray about it! find out if i'm wrong! but dont knock it out of nowhere.

and for the music sucking, i'm pretty sure you havent heard every christian alternative. theres bound to be one that doesnt 'suck' in your opinion. it seems to me that you're looking for an excuse to not answer for what you know is wrong.

Rob's lyrics are silly, they don't glorify anything.

Oh big deal someone had a dream about a song.

Seems that I'm looking for an excuse not to answer for what I know is wrong?

I like two christian bands only.

DivineFire and Saviour Machine.

I listen to them because they actually have talent, and the music is excellent.

I don't care if they're christian, satanic, or whatever, if the music's good I listen to it.

But usually christian bands either are no good or are blatant rip offs.

I've heard:

Haste The Day, Norma Jean, Project 86, Demon Hunter, Extol, Mortification, Paramaecium, Tourniquet, Thousand Foot Krutch, P.O.D, Pillar, and the above mentioned etc.

None of those bands can compare to similar bands that aren't christian, except for those two I mentioned.

I don't think it's wrong and it has nothing to do with "living on the fence"

Living on the fence is like if you're agnostic.

And wow, putting on face makeup is so terrible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
Rob's lyrics are silly, they don't glorify anything.

Oh big deal someone had a dream about a song.

Seems that I'm looking for an excuse not to answer for what I know is wrong?

I like two christian bands only.

DivineFire and Saviour Machine.

I listen to them because they actually have talent, and the music is excellent.

I don't care if they're christian, satanic, or whatever, if the music's good I listen to it.

But usually christian bands either are no good or are blatant rip offs.

I've heard:

Haste The Day, Norma Jean, Project 86, Demon Hunter, Extol, Mortification, Paramaecium, Tourniquet, Thousand Foot Krutch, P.O.D, Pillar, and the above mentioned etc.

None of those bands can compare to similar bands that aren't christian, except for those two I mentioned.

I don't think it's wrong and it has nothing to do with "living on the fence"

Living on the fence is like if you're agnostic.

And wow, putting on face makeup is so terrible.

i said earlier that satan was the angel of music. do you really think that the master of deception, with a specialty in music doesnt know how to influence people without their knowing?

living on the fence is not just for agnostics. agnostics are a good example, but fence people are also people who seem to be christians. the goal of christians is to be what the word literally means: christ-like. when you live part of your life dedicated fully to God, but you still hang on to all those little worldy things, like ungodly music for one, you're selling yoruself short and jeopardizing your place in heaven. God is an all or nothing God. he wants all of you but if you want to share yourself with hum and someone else. revelations tells very clearly that he'd vomit you out of his mouth.

as a christian, once again literally meaning christ-like, do you honestly believe that Jesus would listen to something even jokingly adoring his archenemy? do yout hink he'd say 'oh swearing, and drinking and sex, its all just for fun...so it CANT be bad'

wake up call: sinning IS FUN! thats why we do it, because WE LIKE IT

modern american christians go about their days every single day making exceptions because they love areas of their lives too much to accept the fact that they know theyre not honorable or wholesome. that or theyve already been brainwashed. theres HUNDREDS of christian bands that people dont even know are christian. dont be so quick to dismiss them. you dont have to prove yourself to me. dont get so defensive either. be true to yourself and God. thats all that matters. and remember...

conviction feels like judgment to the guilty...
is there something your'e not telling yourself?

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God can use everything for good. He has control over everything, the good and the evil.

So I'm really not to fussed about supporting something you think satan controls, because he doesn't control it.

Yeah God's going to really care if someone says in a song:

"Oh satan you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey satan!"

Yeah he's going to care about that.

Where did we get into sex and drinking?

#1: Drinking is fine. drunkeness is not.

what does that have to do with music?

what do you mean about conviction?

I have no problem with the choices I've made.

Someone asks me if I think listening to secular metal is okay, I say imo YES 100%.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
God can use everything for good. He has control over everything, the good and the evil.

So I'm really not to fussed about supporting something you think satan controls, because he doesn't control it.

Yeah God's going to really care if someone says in a song:

"Oh satan you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey satan!"

Yeah he's going to care about that.

Where did we get into sex and drinking?

#1: Drinking is fine. drunkeness is not.

what does that have to do with music?

what do you mean about conviction?

I have no problem with the choices I've made.

Someone asks me if I think listening to secular metal is okay, I say imo YES 100%.

Yes God is ultimately in complete control, but he isnt our scapegoat. we make our own decisions and we deal with the consequences of them, good or bad. thats called free will; cause and effect.

romans 8:28 all things work together for good for those who serve the Lord.

not people who serve God and mammon.

im starting to think that youre not very well versed in the bible, because God gives people over to their sinful desires all the time. thats not him controlling anything. its not a minimalization of the consequences of our actions.

if God didnt care what we said in song, then why would praise and worship matter in song? think about that. thats so illogical to assume.

sex and drinking was an example of fence-life. it wasnt an accusation. but i'm starting to fear that you're a minimizer. you dont think very much of sin, or the impact of it. the bible says that sin separates us from God, and God being who He is, i would imagine that its hurtful for us to do something time and time again that pushes him away from us. i would imagine that it would be heartbreaking, but he provided a way for us to get close to him again, and its called repentance. but first i think you need to realize that it hurts God when you sin. it took me a long time to figure that out, to figure out the weight of sin.

the bible says the wages of sin is death. thats a hefty pentalty, so i would have to think something worthy of death is something we shouldnt be engaging in. think about it

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
So you think I'm sinning by listening to metal?

And I'm serving God and satan?

God doesnt really measure how bad sins are because every single one of them is an offense to Him. even if its a little kid stealing gum from the grocery store, its sin. and all sin ultimately has the same eternal consequence.

immediate consequences differ, however depending on what the sin is. but those are eartly consequences. learning experiences. sex and drinking may seem small to one person but big to another, but its all the same to God. because Jesus died for alllll sin. so it doesnt matter what it is, even the 'smallest sin' earns you a one way ticket to hades if you dont accept Jesus' blood sacrifice.

listening to metal in and of itself isnt sinning. listening to satanic metal, is sinning. like i said, its not the music thats bad, its the message behind it, its the spirit behind it. the lyrics can be sweet and bubbly but if satan has his hands on it, its all over. thats my point.

and i wasnt saying anything specific about sex and drinking, for the last time. it was just an example of fence living to make my point!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, listening to satanic metal isn't sinning.

Just because I listen to it doesn't mean I agree with it.

And no, all sin does not have the same consequence. A kid stealing a pack of gum from the store won't be counted as if he had murdered someone.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I love Rob Zombie. I went to his concert back in March and it was awesome. Rob is actually a pretty quiet, laid back sort of guy. He's really into the flash and gore of cheesy horror flicks and quite the talented artist. He does all of his CD artwork. He does not sing satanic music. There are bands out there who glorify satan and claim their music is influenced by satanic worship. Rob Zombie is not one of them.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ScottyL said:
No, listening to satanic metal isn't sinning.

Just because I listen to it doesn't mean I agree with it.

And no, all sin does not have the same consequence. A kid stealing a pack of gum from the store won't be counted as if he had murdered someone.

how is involving yourself in something satanic not sinning? thats really just twisted thinking. agree or disagree, a murderer may disagree with abortion but its sitll murder and its still a sin. same principle.

and please catch this, because it seems i have to repeat myself a lot for you.

ULTIMATELY all sin does have the same consequence and that is hell! but on earth, immediate consequences differ. thats what i said. what you do on earth has a cause and effect element. if there were no earth or grace or anything of the sort, you sin, and then go to hell. hell is the ultimate consequence for sin, but thats why Jesus died so the only consequence, as christians that we have is earthly and we still get to spend eternity in heaven.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
and you say your holiness hasnt been affected by listening to satanic music, but that in and of itself tells me it has. if you cant see the fact that youre making excuses to engage in something that blatantly doesnt glorify God, thats definitely an effect on your holiness. pray about that.

Upvote 0

lightchild

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
KatAutumn said:
Personally, I love Rob Zombie. I went to his concert back in March and it was awesome. Rob is actually a pretty quiet, laid back sort of guy. He's really into the flash and gore of cheesy horror flicks and quite the talented artist. He does all of his CD artwork. He does not sing satanic music. There are bands out there who glorify satan and claim their music is influenced by satanic worship. Rob Zombie is not one of them.

i really hope this doesnt sound judgmental or disrespectful. so please dont take offense to it.

your religious status says that youre agnostic. if you're agnostic, that means that you have no personal relationship with God. with that relationship comes certain discernments. how could you honestly know the difference between something possibly satanic and something definitely satanic. theres a discernment element there, so if you dont really know God, i dont see how you can speak to what does or does not qualify as something ok.

that sort of sounds like im telling you that you have no right to speak because of your religion, but thats not true. the fact of the matter is that this specific issue is whether or not its ok for a christian to listen to rob zombie or other satanic bands.

theres a little analogy. if a frog gets thrown into boiling water, he jumps out right? but if a frog gets put into warm waterand its slowly heated up, he doesnt notice and boils to death. it means that if youre used to your surroundings, you couldnt know if its wrong or not unless something (like God) intervened.

again, please dont take this the wrong way.

Upvote 0