Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Folks need to understand that this is standard operating procedure for Trump's White House.

Sure, presidents before occasionally did SIMILAR things. For Trump, this is SOP.
It wasn't Trump or the WH admin. asking for campaign money.

This was the RNC. Trump wouldn't have anything to do with that.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They asked him for money while the Republican controlled senate were considering his nomination.
I realize that. They asked if his family could donate to their war chest. This was the chairperson of the RNC, not a Senator. The Senators don't control the RNC or what they are doing.
Do you think the RNC controls how the Senators vote?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I realize that. They asked if his family could donate to their war chest. This was the chairperson of the RNC, not a Senator. The Senators don't control the RNC or what they are doing.
Do you think the RNC controls how the Senators vote?

I think it was extremely stupid of them to put their senators in a position where they could have their decisions made to look questionable in this way.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm confused. Do you believe that the RNC sends nominations to the Senate. Or, do you believe that the WH doesn't approve the policy of asking for money. So, Trump didn't know anything about appointmrnt of the ambassador to the EU in appreciation of his $1M donation?

It wasn't Trump or the WH admin. asking for campaign money.

This was the RNC. Trump wouldn't have anything to do with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm confused. Do you believe that the RNC sends nominations to the Senate. Or, do you believe that the WH doesn't approve the policy of asking for money. So, Trump didn't know anything about appointmrnt of the ambassador to the EU in appreciation of his $1M donation?
What? I didn't say anything like that.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What? I didn't say anything like that.

I'll try to be clearer.

You said that the issue that issue was between the RNC and the individual, and that a pay for play (help on an ambassadorship for as donation to the RNC) had nothing to do with Trump and the WH.

My position is that WH controls ambassadorships, and the quid pro quo 's allowed and encouraged to get those ambassadorships. I gave the example of the ambassador to the EU. Trump isn't off the hook because the policy allows contributions to go to RNC instead of his campaign.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll try to be clearer.

You said that the issue that issue was between the RNC and the individual, and that a pay for play (help on an ambassadorship for as donation to the RNC) had nothing to do with Trump and the WH.

My position is that WH controls ambassadorships, and the quid pro quo 's allowed and encouraged to get those ambassadorships. I gave the example of the ambassador to the EU. Trump isn't off the hook because the policy allows contributions to go to RNC instead of his campaign.
How do you know that Trump knew anything about this donation from the family, solicited by the RNC?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It isn't a matter of knowing about every individual bribe to the RNC, his campaign or his businesses. Trump sets the environment and the policies. Folks wouldn't be trading help on ambassadorships for money, if Trump didn't approve of the practice. They wouldn't dare. Certainly, the RNC wouldn't dare.

How do you know that Trump knew anything about this donation from the family, solicited by the RNC?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn't a matter of knowing about every individual bribe to the RNC, his campaign or his businesses. Trump sets the environment and the policies. Folks wouldn't be trading help on ambassadorships for money, if Trump didn't approve of the practice. They wouldn't dare. Certainly, the RNC wouldn't dare.
Trump doesn't have any control over what the RNC does, they don't answer to him. If anything it's the other way around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, just wow.

OK

Let's just say that I strongly disagree, and leave it at that.

Trump doesn't have any control over what the RNC does, they don't answer to him. If anything it's the other way around.

Upvote 0