Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
True. And all of this was the result of having a rebellious spirit towards the will of God.

Yes, unfortunately it's in our fallen nature to seek praise and admiration from others and to "lord it over" others. Which even the disciples were doing when they argued amongst themselves who was greatest.

Hence Jesus' warning, and His instruction that, unlike the Pharisees, it must not be so among them. It's a fine line in my opinion, one that can be easily crossed.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree. But I would add that not all who claim to be followers of Jesus are speaking the truth (Matt. 7:21-23). Those who do the will of God are children of God, and true brothers and sisters in Christ (Matt. 12:50; 1 John 2:4).

Sure. The fact that there are, and always have been, "wolves in sheep's clothing" is yet another issue. It is likewise one we must be aware of, of course.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rebellious aga
In the same way some are in here, who pretend to care about the things of God but show that they are of a rebellious spirit.
Rebelliousness against whom ?
Not God..
But when correction from fellow disciples is refused ...who is being rebellious?

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure. The fact that there are, and always have been, "wolves in sheep's clothing" is yet another issue. It is likewise one we must be aware of, of course.

Hello There :wave: And there are also sheep which bully other sheep (see Ezekiel ch34). Had some good times in House Churches myself but would not now go back to one. I often found that the dominant one or two in the house church, perhaps without being aware of it, stifled everyone else. A healthy larger congregation with plurality of ministries and leaders at least gives everyone room to breathe. But perhaps this is just me. God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0