• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Rising Seas Will Erase More Cities by 2050, New Research Shows

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+10,428
    Catholic
    Rising Seas Will Erase More Cities by 2050, New Research Shows

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Not necessarily.....
    because humanity has essentially unlimited productive capability if we can agree on a project.......
    and have a common language to discuss the problems associated with the project and trouble shoot difficulties.......

Genesis 11:6 "And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do"

Cheap Water from the World’s Largest Modern Seawater Desalination Plant

But......

Ecc 10:19

A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

3. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,198
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    There is no doubt that some cities and areas will be under severe threat before the end of this century ---- New Orleans, Venice, the Maldives, Bangladesh, Florida, to name just a few.

4. Robban

Robban ----------- Supporter

+2,311
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,828
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    France24 news last night showed 1/3 of Indonesia is already going under. The government is moving to a higher island and leaving the people to fend for themselves for now as the seawalls they built are being breached..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. dailyprayerwarrior

dailyprayerwarrior Member

+126
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Yes, I live near a couple cities that are sure to be under water if there is a major earthquake.

7. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Yes.....
    1 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of the flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud, 15 and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant which I have established between

Israel has developed astonishing desalination technology.......
    they donated the tech for the Sahara Forest Project to Norway so that Norway could pass that technology on to several Islamic nations that would not deal directly with Israeli scientists and engineers.

Tikkun Olam.... fits with
    Isaiah 35
    .......and in theory gives an answer to the threat of rising ocean levels.

We now are in a time period when it is possible for a similar amount of ocean water to be desalinated and added to the water table of nations with lots of desert as is melting off the land based Greenland Ice Pack, the world's glaciers or the West Antarctic Ice Sheet.........

For the moment the massive amount of H2O being added to Antarctica is keeping ocean levels relatively stable.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

8. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    This would be especially true if that earthquake were under or near the West Antarctic Ice Sheet that is below sea level and highly vulnerable to rapid cracking and sliding.

The West Antarctic Ice Sheet Seems to Be Good at Collapsing

9. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Matthew 5:25 "Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

Does Messiah Yeshua - Jesus mean that we should agree with a adversary when they are in error?

No.... I am sure that that is not what he meant but the Apostle Paul quoted some poets in a city because what those people wrote fitted with what he wanted to teach to his audience.

Apparently there is an ancient Islamic teaching that basically agrees with:

Isaiah 35

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon: they shall see the glory of Jehovah, the excellency of our God.

3 Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come [with] vengeance, [with] the recompense of God; he will come and save you.

5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

6 Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

7 And the glowing sand shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water: in the habitation of jackals, where they lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.