May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, poor Tara Palmer Tomkinson is dead.

I don't much mourn for her death, though that is a sad thing at her age, as it is for any death, at any age. Rather, I mourn her life. On the face of it, she had everything, good looks, a lot of money, the best connections, a public stage. And yet, I suspect she was never truly happy. To be sure, she may have had a lot of 'fun', but that is not the same thing.

True happiness, it seems to me, arises as a by-product, not a goal. If you love widely and unconditionally, and have some greater, more selfless purpose than 'fun' to devote your life to, then I think you will be deeply happy, even if you can't afford cocaine. I think this is a secret of life poor Tara, insulated from the world by wealth, never discovered.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How tragic. Apparently she died in her home, of unknown causes and it was still deemed not suspicious.

This is soooo sad. Praying for all of Tara Palmer Tomkinson's family and loved ones, and all who knew and loved her at this most painful time of grief and loss.

_437216_150tara.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, poor Tara Palmer Tomkinson is dead.

I don't much mourn for her death, though that is a sad thing at her age, as it is for any death, at any age. Rather, I mourn her life. On the face of it, she had everything, good looks, a lot of money, the best connections, a public stage. And yet, I suspect she was never truly happy. To be sure, she may have had a lot of 'fun', but that is not the same thing.

True happiness, it seems to me, arises as a by-product, not a goal. If you love widely and unconditionally, and have some greater purpose than 'fun' to devote your life to, then I think you will be deeply happy, even if you can't afford cocaine. I think this is a secret of life poor Tara, insulated from the world by money, never discovered.

Best wishes, Strivax.
When i first saw this headline i thought you were speaking of Tara MacLean, who is a Canadian singer.

i don't know this Tara Tomkinson, but really don't like to see anyone pass on before their time. Hope the mystery of her death gets solved. It sounds as if she might have had some physical problems causing her to act out that people attributed to substance abuse.

Upvote 0