✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
ClaireZ said:
They had a nice tribute to him on Comedy Central.

He will always remain a legend, one of those truely able to laugh at themselves. :)

I totally agree. he was able to laugh at himself and the mistakes he made. I agree he is quite profound but in a time like the 70's and the black struggle it must have been nice to have someone who tells it like it is and someone the people coule relate to.

Besides all that he was absolutely HILARIOUS. His 1975 LP (I can't use the title of it) was so funny. The 1st time I listened to it my stomach was hurting so bad from laughing when it was over.

I also think brewsters Millions was funny. Him and John Candy in the same film!:D

Rest In peace Rich, I hope he found his peace with God as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Rochir- there is truly no reason to be rude, okay? I was responding to another Christian who made a statement about Pryor being with God.... I inquired of her post and was awaiting a response.

There was no need for you to be ugly.

I didn't mean to come across as rude. I appologize.:blush:

However, I find it sad that whether or not he was a Christian even matters to you. Would you mourn less if he wasn't?

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rochir said:

However, I find it sad that whether or not he was a Christian even matters to you. Would you mourn less if he wasn't?

Quite frankly, as a Christian, I would mourn more... but no need to go into detail about that...that's quite the obvious.

How sad the day is when one wonders why another would care if another was a Christian. The Great Commission?

Upvote 0
I

Ioinc

Rochir said:

I don't mean to step in here... well actually I guess I do.

It did not sound like she was expressing her sorrow (although I am sure she is) but her surprise that he was a Christian (which I assume she assumed based on the fact that another Christian said he was with God now)

So unless you think that a lot of non-Christians are with God.... seems like a valid question.

Now the real issue might be that you do think a lot of non-Christians are with God.... which would be a reflection of religious indifferentism that the Catholic church has fallen into over the last few decades (a pope praying in a mosque.... who would have thunk it).... but that is another topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bethshaya

Argh!
Feb 21, 2005
Connecticut, USA
✟8,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Richard Pryor was Christian. Strangely, lighting himself on fire wasnt the motivation to seek God, being diagnosed with MS was. He states (in colorful terms that is so Pryor) that having MS is what it took to change his ways and turn to God.

Richard Pryor was married seven times to five different women:

1. Patricia Price (1960 - ?) (divorced) 1 child
  2. Shelly Bonus (1967 - 1969) (divorced) 1 child
  3. Deborah McGuire (22 September 1977 - 1979) (divorced) 1 child
  4. Jennifer Lee (August 1981 - October 1982) (divorced)
  5. Flynn Belaine (October 1986 - January 1987) (divorced)
  6. Flynn Belaine (1 April 1990 - ?) (divorced)
  7. Jennifer Lee (June 2001 - 10 December 2005) (his death)
During his relationship with actress Pam Grier, Pryor proposed to actress, Deborah McGuire (1977).

He had seven children: Renee, Richard Jr, Elizabeth, Rain, Stephen, Kelsey, and Franklin Mason

In 1986, Pryor announced that he suffered from multiple sclerosis. In response to giving up drugs and alcohol after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, he said: "God gave me this M.S. **** to save my life." In 1992 he gave some final live performances, excerpts of which appear on the ...And It's Deep Too! box set. He continued to make occasional film appearances, pairing with Wilder one last time in the unsuccessful 1991 comedy, Another You (in which his physical deterioration was noted by many critics). His final film appearance was a small role in the David Lynch film Lost Highway in 1997.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ioinc said:
Now the real issue might be that you do think a lot of non-Christians are with God....

Indeed, that's what I believe! We ALL are God's children, no matter which church, denomination or religion we belong to. I actually believe God would be quite saddened by menkind's tendency to try and exclude certain groups of people from his love and caring!:(

To me, that is not what God and his lovefor man is all about, but that's just me :)

Upvote 0
I

Ioinc

Rochir said:
Indeed, that's what I believe! We ALL are God's children, no matter which church, denomination or religion we belong to. I actually believe God would be quite saddened by menkind's tendency to try and exclude certain groups of people from his love and caring!:(

To me, that is not what God and his lovefor man is all about, but that's just me :)

so why be Christian.
If it is all the same in the end.

IMO this is very contrary to the postion of the catholic church for over a thousand years.

How many Catholic missonaries gave their life in an effort to bring people to Jesus because it is only thru Jesus that one can make it to heaven?

Don't get me wrong... I am all for your attitude. I hope all people (including me) make it to the big finish line in the sky. It does make me less motvated to convert... but good by me!

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well, man can have his opinion, but if it is contrary to what the Bible says.... that's about where it ends....as an opinion....or false hope.

John 1:12
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

We become children of God once we accept Him as Lord....say The Bible. :)

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just to clarify something people here seem to have forgoten...

No one here, or anywhere else, can assume the authority/wisdom/capacity to declare someone goes up to Heaven or doesn't.

No one alive can judge a person. One can't even judge oneself.

:)

Upvote 0