Riots broke out in migrant neighborhoods in Sweden last night.

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm sorry but your statement is incorrect. The KKK was a predecessor to the democrat party. History books are fun.

So is oversimplification!

European countries are losing their identity as Sweads. Finland, England, French. Australia has problems too. Your Pope, your Bishops are wrong to think countries can sustain the economic and cultural impact of letting so many Muslims into their countries. Afghanistan refugees raped a Sweadish woman live on Facebook. Your Pope and Bishops should understand what they ask citizens to risk. I don't think Jesus likes that.

I love it when Americans tell me what it's like to live in Europe.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
There is no such thing as 'inconvenient' news. There is only news. News shouldn't be made to fit our narrative.

As a European, though not a Swede, I'd like to remind everyone I live in a town (pop. 45,000) that has welcomed approximately 1500 asylum seekers, mainly from Syria and Afghanistan, and it has not made my home town any less safe. Crime did not increase. I do not have to wear a head scarf. I have never been accosted when walking down the street.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as 'inconvenient' news. There is only news. News shouldn't be made to fit our narrative.

As a European, though not a Swede, I'd like to remind everyone I live in a town (pop. 45,000) that has welcomed approximately 1500 asylum seekers, mainly from Syria and Afghanistan, and it has not made my home town any less safe. Crime did not increase. I do not have to wear a head scarf. I have never been accosted when walking down the street.

BUT I SAW MUSLIMS BEING BAD ON THE NEWS!!!

Bashing of "the media" is very much in fashion in the United States right now. It's funny how people will accept whatever conforms their biasses and reject what does not. "The media" has succeeded in creating a coven of cowardice. People are scared to death, far out-of-proportion to whatever real threats exist. It's embarssing. Thank you for sharing your boots-on-the-ground experience.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reality Check: Is Malmö the Rape Capital of the World?

Spoiler alert: it is not.

During 2015, the year in which Sweden took the largest number of asylum seekers, the number of reported sex crimes and rapes actually decreased by 11% and 12% respectively compared with 2014 - 18,100 sex offences were reported to the police, of which 5,920 were classified as rape.

Also relevant:
But the agency warns that comparisons between different countries should be avoided because of differences between their legal and criminal justice systems, recording practices, reporting rates, efficiencies of criminal justice organisations and types of offences included in the categories.

There has also been a public debate in Sweden over the past two decades to raise awareness and encourage women to go to the police if they have been attacked.

This has resulted in a higher report rate than in other countries in Europe.

Upvote 0