God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wouldn't surprise me. There seems to be a need from certain groups to find ways to downplay the attack on the US Capitol for some reason. I don't understand why, personally.

Because they secretly wish they could have been there joining the crowd.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know what the worst movement is? Assuming the self justifying ways of man have any merit.
Yes, I can easily discern that the movement pushing for human rights is better than the movement pushing to overturn a democratic election on the basis of a conspiracy theory. That does not require godlike wisdom.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That does not require godlike wisdom.
Neither does achieving those goals in the old fashioned way of elimination of the opposition, need much discernment. Negotiation went out with unions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither does achieving those goals in the old fashioned way of elimination of the opposition need much discernment. Negotiation went out with unions.
I don’t know what you’re on about here.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What lie? Are you saying an attempted coup featuring confirmed nazis, Qanoners and election fraud conspiracy theorists is merely the natural result of having to hear about civil rights protests all the time? Surely you know better.

You forgot to mention the Antifa people who infiltrated the group. I wonder why.
Just kidding! I don't wonder why.

Again, you’re comparing a years-long movement taking place in hundreds of cities with tens of millions of people to an afternoon where maybe a thousand people participated in riotous behavior at the Capitol. There’s going to be more of everything at the former event, it’s statistically guaranteed. That’s a meaningless criticism. Further, the latter event absolutely pulverized any records for declining support set by the former, causing every major social media platform to permanently ban the President, some platforms being destroyed entirely, and making Trump the first president in American history to be impeached twice.
These events are not the same, and comparing them does not help you.

All those who died or were injured in those riots over that year shouldn't be downplayed just because they died or were injured over a longer span of time.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Having violence isn’t what makes a movement wrong. You can have noble movements with violent advocates. But when a movement is wrong and has violence, that’s a worse movement. Pointing to the violence of good movements won’t change that.

Then violence isn't always wrong, as your own political side keeps telling us when they believe it's the other guys doing it?
Tell us then, when is it ok to pick up a brick and smash in a random person's skull with it?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I can easily discern that the movement pushing for human rights is better than the movement pushing to overturn a democratic election on the basis of a conspiracy theory. That does not require godlike wisdom.

Fighting for "human rights" by killing humans?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God evens the score in the end. Those who partake in the nonsense of the day soon become old and fall victim to a system that wants them dead. No one says old lives matter. Old doesn't discriminate or discern by race, but it is discriminated against.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You forgot to mention the Antifa people who infiltrated the group. I wonder why.
Just kidding! I don't wonder why.
There is absolutely no evidence that this happened, so naturally I didn’t insert that into my comment. Why did you? Can’t stop lying?
All those who died or were injured in those riots over that year shouldn't be downplayed just because they died or were injured over a longer span of time.
Nor should you dance on their graves to distract from the stark difference of circumstances between the two.
Then violence isn't always wrong, as your own political side keeps telling us when they believe it's the other guys doing it?
Tell us then, when is it ok to pick up a brick and smash in a random person's skull with it?
Of course violence isn’t always wrong, but that’s not the point I’m making right now. Violence can be wrong and still not negate the righteousness of a particular cause. Stop deflecting.
Fighting for "human rights" by killing humans?
No. By protesting despite being met with mace, tear gas, and rubber bullets — then slandered by the media as a bunch of riotous thugs. Killing is always a last resort, even below martyrdom.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is absolutely no evidence that this happened, so naturally I didn’t insert that into my comment. Why did you? Can’t stop lying?

You clearly didn't look for it: Antifa Infiltrated Trump Supporters In Capitol, Evidence Reveals

Nor should you dance on their graves to distract from the stark difference of circumstances between the two.

LOL! There isn't much different unless you think the difference between black people's skin and that of white people is "stark".

Of course violence isn’t always wrong, but that’s not the point I’m making right now. Violence can be wrong and still not negate the righteousness of a particular cause. Stop deflecting.

Now you're attempting to justify it as long as you believe the cause is "righteous", which is based on nothing more than your own opinion.

No. By protesting despite being met with mace, tear gas, and rubber bullets — then slandered by the media as a bunch of riotous thugs. Killing is always a last resort, even below martyrdom.

The media and the political side it supports has been holding those rioters in pretty high regard compared to the group that stormed the capitol, even though the riots done by your "protesters" have killed and injured far more, and cost far more.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oops! You accidentally linked me to claims, not evidence. I’ll let you try again.
The media and the political side it supports has been holding those rioters in pretty high regard compared to the group that stormed the capitol, even though the riots done by your "protesters" have killed and injured far more, and cost far more.
The media supports whatever narrative and spectacle drives its target audience to keep watching through the commercials. The media you cited above, for example, held the MAGA rioters in exquisitely high regard while fabricating a narrative quite uncharitable to BLM.
Now you're attempting to justify it as long as you believe the cause is "righteous", which is based on nothing more than your own opinion.
Are you seriously unable to engage with hypotheticals? I just told you violence in service of an idea can be wrong and still not make that idea wrong. No one is justifying anything at the moment. What part of this could you possibly dispute? If violence in service of an idea makes the idea wrong, then you’d have to believe Christianity is wrong. If truly right ideas are never advanced with violence, there hasn’t been a good idea in thousands of years.
LOL! There isn't much different unless you think the difference between black people's skin and that of white people is "stark".
I’ve gone to great lengths explaining to you how the MAGA protesters and the BLM protesters were not the same. If the only difference you see is color, then color means way more to you than it should.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The media supports whatever narrative and spectacle drives its target audience to keep watching through the commercials.
Is that why the new FOX on Monday will be appealing to the majority of the middle of the road who are fed up with the left/right narrative?

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that why the new FOX on Monday will be appealing to the majority of the middle of the road who are fed up with the left/right narrative?
Yes, if that’s indeed the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums