Know JESUS - know peace!
Dec 8, 2002
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AMERICAN RIGHTS COME FROM GOD - NOT GOVERNMENT

The American Declaration of Independence proclaims that our "unalienable (nontransferable) Rights" as Americans come from God our "Creator," NOT The U.S. Federal Government. Today’s failure of many Americans to understand this threatens our continued existence as a Free People.

Recall the words penned by Thomas Jefferson in 1776 in our Declaration of Independence, "…We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable (nontransferable) Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness…"

Thomas Jefferson, in 1781, stated, "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a Nation be thought secure when we have removed the only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."

George Washington, in his 1789 Inaugural Address, declared, "The propitious (favorable) smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the Eternal Rules of Order and Right which Heaven itself has ordained."

Samuel Adams, in "The Rights Of The Colonists" declared in 1772: "The right to freedom being the gift of the Almighty...The rights of the colonists as Christians...may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institution of The Great Law Giver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament."

Indeed, if Americans come to accept the notion that our Liberties are alterable privileges bestowed upon us by our own government, rather than unalienable Rights endowed to us by our Creator, then – note this – whomever controls the reigns of civil government is then free to alter and abolish our Rights arbitrarily for their own self-serving purposes!

Today, do not corrupted men lacking Moral Virtues control the forces of a nearly all-powerful government in our Nation? Thus has America’s existence as a Free Nation become truly threatened! Is it no wonder that such men as who now control our Nation strive so relentlessly to convince Americans that there is no Absolute Right & Wrong, that there is no God? Do they not strive daily to so corrupt us and our children, thus turning our God-given Rights into mere government-granted privileges? The result: we in America have become an enslaved nation of fools!

PSALMS 14:1:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

HOSEA 4:6:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…

GALATIANS 6:7:
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Patrick Henry, in 1775, provides us with an answer, "…Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, …"

JOSHUA 24:15:
…but as for me and my house, we will serve The LORD!

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Quite rediculous. The Declaration of Independance contains a theory about rights and their origins, yes, not that the authorof this tripe has invested any effort in understanding that theory. But more imprtantly, he presents this as though the Declaration were the authority by which our rights have been established. It is not.

…and arguing that the Declaration does not mention the federal government is truly deceitful. THERE WAS NO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AT THE TIME.

All this could possibly prove is that Jefferson assumed that rights are inherent in man, and thus predate government. Jefferson was a smart man, but his writings are not ex cathedra pronouncements.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Robert, typically the view of the liberals is that they are defending our God-given rights from suppression by a group intent on replacing them with their own moral standards, which are viewed as being decreed by God.

I would have to say that I tend to agree with this. What is morally right for me to do is my choice to abide by what I understand God to have taught, not what the Legislature, no matter how exalted their motives, commands me to do or refrain from doing by statute.

Upvote 0
I would like to point out that in practice, governments based on religeon are some of the most opressive and backward that we have examples of. the taliban is a prime example. our government is based on the constitution, not the declaration of independance. religion is a personal choice which should NEVER influence government.

"Count your blessings."

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
teclis said:
I would like to point out that in practice, governments based on religeon are some of the most opressive and backward that we have examples of. the taliban is a prime example. our government is based on the constitution, not the declaration of independance. religion is a personal choice which should NEVER influence government.

"Count your blessings."

The Civil Rights movement, Woman's sufferage, prohibition, the abolition of slavery and the American revolution were all, in large part, religious movements.

Claiming religion has no place in politics contradicts hundreds of years of American history.

Btw...the worst regimes in history were not religious.

They were secular. Marxists of one stripe or another murdered over 100 million people since 1917.

And the first people they went after were people of faith.

Upvote 0