Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see this verse quoted all the time. What exactly is this verse about. Is it about the rapture of the Church? What do you think?

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1st Conclusion - The verses of Matthew are referring to the harvest of Rev 14 and are not referring to the second coming when Christ sets up his kingdom on earth as is commonly taught.

2nd Conclusion - The tribulation is over at the 6th seal, then the wrath of God begins. The wrath of God and the tribulation do not occur at the same time as is commonly taught.

Last edited:
Reactions: lamb7 and A71

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I see this verse quoted all the time. What exactly is this verse about. Is it about the rapture of the Church? What do you think?

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
It has nothing to do with the popular rapture theories.

What is written will happen exactly as Yahweh means for it all to happen.

When the Son of man returns to earth, all the world will know it, and mourn, (being GUILTY),
while
His followers/ disciples/ all who were/are faithful to Him REJOICE ! (being found BLAMELESS)

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 24

The main problem is people wish for this to mean in our future. Something that hasn't happened yet.

When in all actuality, these events in Matt 24:4-35 have already happened.

For a moment see to the first few verses. Matt 24:1-3, you will notice the disciples show Jesus the temple buildings and Jesus tells them that they will be destroyed. The disciples then ask Jesus two questions. Keep this in the back of your mind, as it will come in handy after I show why I do not think that verse 29 and 30 speak of our time or even the future, but something that happened already.

Carefully see to verses 33 and 34. Jesus is talking to the disciples. He is telling them that "when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." He is talking to them and of them, not future people.
Jesus elaborates further as He says in the next verse, "this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." which is referring to verses 4-32. He is talking about THEIR generation, "this generation", not a future generation.

Matthew 24:4-35 are as one subject and event. Then comes the transition text.

"But" in verse 36. Transition phrases like but express that there is evidence to the contrary or point out alternatives, and thus introduce a change the line of reasoning (contrast).

Therefore, "but" in verse 36, is a change in subject. Jesus, in verse 36 is now referring to the second question asked by the disciples, that refers to the second coming (in which we know then, would be the end).

In conclusion:
Matthew 24:4-35 is done. It has happened already.

Matthew 24:36 and following into Matthew 25. The second coming will have no signs, warnings, or announcements. Jesus comes like a "thief in the night", and thieves give you no advanced warnings, signs, or announcements. The second coming will be sudden, unexpected, immediate, and surprise everyone.

Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The pre trib rapture ( for those believing in it) is not found in Matthew 24 at all. Matthew 24 is about Jesus' return to earth at the end not before. There are scriptures supporting a pre trib rapture but this isn't among them.
I think that the majority of the people that teach prophecy would say exactly what you are saying. Basically, they will say these verses are about the Second Coming of Jesus, when he will return and set up his kingdom on earth.

I also think this is one of the main reasons why there is so much confusion in Bible prophecy. I don't believe these verses are about the Second Coming. I believe these verses are about "A" return of Jesus.....in the clouds. It is about a harvest........where the righteous will be going the the marriage supper of the Lamb. Then the wrath of God will begin.

Rev 14

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth,
and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

So i believe that contrary to popular opinion.... Matt 24 29-30 is about Jesus returning for a harvest and not the Second Coming when Jesus will set up his kingdom.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The main problem is people wish for this to mean in our future. Something that hasn't happened yet.

When in all actuality, these events in Matt 24:4-35 have already happened.

For a moment see to the first few verses. Matt 24:1-3, you will notice the disciples show Jesus the temple buildings and Jesus tells them that they will be destroyed. The disciples then ask Jesus two questions. Keep this in the back of your mind, as it will come in handy after I show why I do not think that verse 29 and 30 speak of our time or even the future, but something that happened already.

Carefully see to verses 33 and 34. Jesus is talking to the disciples. He is telling them that "when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." He is talking to them and of them, not future people.
Jesus elaborates further as He says in the next verse, "this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." which is referring to verses 4-32. He is talking about THEIR generation, "this generation", not a future generation.

Matthew 24:4-35 are as one subject and event. Then comes the transition text.

"But" in verse 36. Transition phrases like but express that there is evidence to the contrary or point out alternatives, and thus introduce a change the line of reasoning (contrast).

Therefore, "but" in verse 36, is a change in subject. Jesus, in verse 36 is now referring to the second question asked by the disciples, that refers to the second coming (in which we know then, would be the end).

In conclusion:
Matthew 24:4-35 is done. It has happened already.

Matthew 24:36 and following into Matthew 25. The second coming will have no signs, warnings, or announcements. Jesus comes like a "thief in the night", and thieves give you no advanced warnings, signs, or announcements. The second coming will be sudden, unexpected, immediate, and surprise everyone.
Thanks for the comment. I can't agree with you. Try comparing Luke 21 to Matthew 24. I think you will find that Luke 21 is about events that have passed and that Matt 24 is about future events. They are not talking about the same thing.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The world will then be in the time of the 6th seal and the 7th trumpet. It is when Jesus Christ returns in glory and the wicked will hide in the rocks as shown in Isaiah 2:10-12 and Isaiah 2:19-21. Jesus Christ told how He would be seen sitting on the right hand of power and coming in glory. At the time of the Lord coming is when the saints/church will be like Him. We will be at the time of Revelation 18:2 where it is time to soon punish Babylon with the vials of God's wrath. Babylon is seen as a cage -showing God is remembering her sin now and will begin to judge her.

If the verses in Matthew occur at the 6th seal, that would mean that the Tribulation is over at the 6th seal, because..........Immediately after the tribulation of the those days............

I agree that the events of Matt 24 occur at the 6th seal, but Christ is not coming with his saints to set his foot on the Mount of Olives. He is coming with his saints to gather a harvest.

1Cor 15
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds

The tribes of the earth shall mourn because they will see Jesus but He doesnt come to the world,
instead He only fetch the clever virgins with Him to the Feast of the Lamb and leave the world behind.

So the tribes shall mourn and then fool themselves with all kinda lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right. The 6th seal ends the great tribulation. Revelation 7 starts a new vision and this chapter will also reveals things as to the time of the great tribulation.

Yes. It will be the time of Him coming as in the scenes of the time of Revelation 14 /has a sickle for harvest time. He wears one crown.
The 7th seal will be opened and the trumpets angels will return to pour out the vials full of His wrath. The vials will lead to the end of Revelation 19 when the saints have returned out of heaven as His armies and He wears many crowns.
And yet most people that teach prophecy never separate the tribulation from the wrath of God. Most will say that Matt 24 29-30 is about the second coming of Christ to set up his kingdom. I don't think that is correct.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So basically, this shoots down the common pre trib argument about the so called bouncing ball. Believers are caught up only to be returned to the earth.

That is not what is happening at all in Matt 24: 29-30. Believers are caught up and taken to heaven for the marriage supper. They are not caught up and returned to the earth to set up Gods kingdom on earth.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think that the majority of the people that teach prophecy would say exactly what you are saying. Basically, they will say these verses are about the Second Coming of Jesus, when he will return and set up his kingdom on earth.

I also think this is one of the main reasons why there is so much confusion in Bible prophecy. I don't believe these verses are about the Second Coming. I believe these verses are about "A" return of Jesus.....in the clouds. It is about a harvest........where the righteous will be going the the marriage supper of the Lamb. Then the wrath of God will begin.

Rev 14

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth,
and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

So i believe that contrary to popular opinion.... Matt 24 29-30 is about Jesus returning for a harvest and not the Second Coming when Jesus will set up his kingdom.
I repeat: " the pre trib rapture is not found in Matthew 24" . Support for it can be found elsewhere but it is not in Matthew 24. And the people taken away in Matthew 24 were taken away to destruction as in the flood of Noah. You will find the parallel verses proving that in Luke 17. I'd give you a good video explaining this but you probably won't watch it anyway.

Upvote 0