seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This applies to any one of the Psalms, this principle of rightly dividing the Word, but I have chosen this one simply because I happened to be reading it now.

Psalm 123
1 Unto You I lift up my eyes,
O You who dwell in the heavens.

*Unto You I lift up my eyes.

This I do as a New Testament believer, one who has been born again and raised to life with our Lord Jesus Christ, because of this -

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

*O You who dwell in the heavens.

In light of the time we are in now, after the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, I bear in mind that I am not praying to a God who is far off, but Who has come near and now dwells in us.

2 Corinthians 6:16 For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

Psalm 123
2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes look to the Lord our God,
Until He has mercy on us.

*Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,

Yes, we look to Him, and we shall ever look to Him! When I read this verse I get a different picture than that of servants and maids since I've never been in such a culture. Instead I see how my dogs look to me and get a powerful picture of looking to the Lord in confident expectation of His dispersing good things to me, and even above that, lavishing His love and affiection on me.

*Until He has mercy on us.

We have obtained mercy through our Lord Jesus Christ and may come boldly to His throne of grace at any time. Because we have a high priest, Jesus, who has passed through the heavens....

Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

That's just a little taste of what I'm talking about. When you read in Psalms, or any other book, doesn't our Lord bring other scriptures to you? For the Word interprets the Word, line upon line and precept upon precept.

Are there any Psalms, or portions of Psalms, that you would like to bring out to us here that we may glean from things the Lord has shown you?

Reactions: Shepherd1