North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Righteousness was achieved by & is received from our Great God & Savior, Jesus the Christ.

The righteousness of Christ is an imputed gift. Given to NT believers when they place their faith in Christ's sin atoning work. Found in Jesus death, burial & resurrection.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
(NOTE: Righteousness is a gift from God. A gift is given not earned)

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(NOTE: It's our faith placed in Christ's righteousness whereby we are justified = Judicially declared righteousness/forgiven/redeemed by the Creator/owner of our universe. Our LORD & Savior Jesus the Christ.)

1 Tim 1:9 God saved us, & called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, according to his own purpose & grace, which was given us "in Christ" before the world began
(NOTE: God Saved us, NOT according to our own great works, but, according to His own purpose & grace "which was GIVEN us in Christ")

KJ Dictionary Definition: Justification
4. In theology, remission of sin & absolution from guilt & punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner & accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.
JUSTIFICATION - Definition from the KJV Dictionary
(MY NOTE: Justified = By Gods grace thru faith placed in Christ's faithful, obedient, righteous, finished, sin redemptive work & resurrection. A sovereign creator God judicially pronounces us righteousness.)

Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(NOTE: Righteousness is imputed not earned)

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
(NOTE: Righteousness is an imputed gift & not worked for/earned)

Impute: Strong's Concordance #1677, Verb, Greek word - ellogao - Definition: to charge to one's account, impute. Usage: I charge to, put to one's account, impute.
(MY NOTE: All the believers sins are imputed/charged to Christ's account. Jesus bought them (1 Cor 7:23, 2 Pet 2:1, Acts 20:28, Eph 1:14, Matt 20:10, Mar 10:45, 1 Tim 2:6) ALL!)

Impute Theology: Google
ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
Usage: "Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us"

It's Christ's righteousness (Jer 23:6 & 33:16) imputed/transferred (Rom 4:6, 8, 11, 22, 24, 2 Cor 5:19; Ja 2:23) onto us & our sins are imputed/charged to Christ.

While the Temple was operating the High Priest had authority to impute/transfer sin (Lev 16:21).

Christ is our Great High Priest (Heb 4:14). Christ can not only Impute a believers sins onto Himself, Christ can also, Impute His righteousness onto the believer as well. Whereby, we become the righteousness of God in Jesus.

King James Version
2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 Cor 5:21 He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness].

I prefer the AMP version here. Bottom line:

Christ is the LORD our Righteousness. (Jer23:5, 33:16) We are reconciled to & can stand in God's Presents. Via God's grace & our trust placed in the faithful/righteous/obedient sin atoning work, of our LORD & Savior Jesus the Christ. Amen

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Righteousness was achieved by & is received from our Great God & Savior, Jesus the Christ.

The righteousness of Christ is an imputed gift. Given to NT believers when they place their faith in Christ's sin atoning work. Found in Jesus death, burial & resurrection.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
(NOTE: Righteousness is a gift from God. A gift is given not earned)

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(NOTE: It's our faith placed in Christ's righteousness whereby we are justified = Judicially declared righteousness/forgiven/redeemed by the Creator/owner of our universe. Our LORD & Savior Jesus the Christ.)

1 Tim 1:9 God saved us, & called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, according to his own purpose & grace, which was given us "in Christ" before the world began
(NOTE: God Saved us, NOT according to our own great works, but, according to His own purpose & grace "which was GIVEN us in Christ")

KJ Dictionary Definition: Justification
4. In theology, remission of sin & absolution from guilt & punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner & accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.
JUSTIFICATION - Definition from the KJV Dictionary
(MY NOTE: Justified = By Gods grace thru faith placed in Christ's faithful, obedient, righteous, finished, sin redemptive work & resurrection. A sovereign creator God judicially pronounces us righteousness.)

Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(NOTE: Righteousness is imputed not earned)

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
(NOTE: Righteousness is an imputed gift & not worked for/earned)

Impute: Strong's Concordance #1677, Verb, Greek word - ellogao - Definition: to charge to one's account, impute. Usage: I charge to, put to one's account, impute.
(MY NOTE: All the believers sins are imputed/charged to Christ's account. Jesus bought them (1 Cor 7:23, 2 Pet 2:1, Acts 20:28, Eph 1:14, Matt 20:10, Mar 10:45, 1 Tim 2:6) ALL!)

Impute Theology: Google
ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
Usage: "Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us"

It's Christ's righteousness (Jer 23:6 & 33:16) imputed/transferred (Rom 4:6, 8, 11, 22, 24, 2 Cor 5:19; Ja 2:23) onto us & our sins are imputed/charged to Christ.

While the Temple was operating the High Priest had authority to impute/transfer sin (Lev 16:21).

Christ is our Great High Priest (Heb 4:14). Christ can not only Impute a believers sins onto Himself, Christ can also, Impute His righteousness onto the believer as well. Whereby, we become the righteousness of God in Jesus.

King James Version
2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 Cor 5:21 He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness].

I prefer the AMP version here. Bottom line:

Christ is the LORD our Righteousness. (Jer23:5, 33:16) We are reconciled to & can stand in God's Presents. Via God's grace & our trust placed in the faithful/righteous/obedient sin atoning work, of our LORD & Savior Jesus the Christ. Amen

To use an analogy, if a profession musician were to teach me how to play an instrument as a gift to me, then their lessons would themselves be the content of their gift and participating in them would be doing nothing to earn them, but rather that would be the way to receive them, and righteousness is the same sort of gift where God is teaching us how to live righteously in obedience to the Mosaic Law. Christ expressed His righteousness through his obedience to the Mosaic Law, so that is also how we are to live when we are imputed with the gift of his righteousness. The reason why we have received the righteousness of Christ was not in order to hide it under a bushel, but in order to let it shine through our obedience in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow. In Romans 6:19-23, no longer presenting ourselves as slaves of impurity, lawlessness, and sin is contrasted with now presenting ourselves as slaves to God and to righteousness leading to sanctification, and the goal of sanctification is eternal life in Christ, which is the gift of God, so all of this part of the content of God's gift. In 1 John 2:6, those who have eternal life in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
righteousness is the same sort of gift where God is teaching us how to live righteously in obedience to the Mosaic Law. Christ expressed His righteousness through his obedience to the Mosaic Law, so that is also how we are to live when we are imputed with the gift of his righteousness.

1st, we agree Christ fulfilled Mosaic law. Doing the will of the Father that sent Him, was the true focus of His mission. This mission began at creation (long before any Mosaic covenant) & will forever continue to unfold.

Here's where I see our difference: You promote the Mosaic covenant, I believe Jesus retired the Mosaic covenant/levitical priesthood here:

Matt 27:51 And [at once] the veil [of the Holy of Holies] of the temple was [l]torn in two from top to bottom; the earth shook and the rocks were split apart.
(MY NOTE: Next, the New Covenant/Melchizedek Priesthood begins in resurrection power 3 days later. 1st implementation is seen in (Acts 2:4)

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled [that is, diffused throughout their being] with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (different languages), as the Spirit was giving them the ability to speak out [clearly and appropriately].

The Holy Spirit of God indwelt believers = New Melchizedek Priesthood Covenant. God's presents no longer dwells (nor ever again will) in a Tabernacle or Temple (Mosaic covenant) inner sanctuary/Holy of Holies.

Every believers is NOW a Temple where a Holy God's Spirit forever indwells. Peace, JJ

This thread has additional related content to my point:
Gentiles aren't now & never were,under Mosaic law

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1st, we agree Christ fulfilled Mosaic law. Doing the will of the Father that sent Him, was the true focus of His mission. This mission began at creation (long before any Mosaic covenant) & will forever continue to unfold.

"To fulfill the law" means "to cause God's will as made known in His law to be obeyed as it should be” (NAS Greek Lexicon pleroo 2c3). After Jesus said he came to fulfill the law in Matthew 5, he proceeded to fulfill it six times throughout the rest of the chapter by teaching how to correctly obey it or by completing our understanding of it. In Galatians 5:14, loving our neighbor fulfills the entire law, so it refers to something that countless people have done, not to something unique that only Jesus did. In Galatians 6:2, bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, so you should interpret that in the same way as you interpret fulfilling the Law of Moses.

Here's where I see our difference: You promote the Mosaic covenant, I believe Jesus retired the Mosaic covenant/levitical priesthood here:

Matt 27:51 And [at once] the veil [of the Holy of Holies] of the temple was [l]torn in two from top to bottom; the earth shook and the rocks were split apart.
(MY NOTE: Next, the New Covenant/Melchizedek Priesthood begins in resurrection power 3 days later. 1st implementation is seen in (Acts 2:4)

While I agree that we are under the New Covenant and not the Mosaic Covenant, we are nevertheless still under the same God with the same nature and therefore the same laws for how to testify about His nature. For example, if laws for how to testify about God's righteousness were to change when the New Covenant was made, then God's righteousness would not be eternal, but it is eternal, therefore any laws that God has ever given for how to do that are eternally valid regardless of which covenant someone is under, if any. Unbelievers still need to repent from what God has revealed to be sin even though they aren't under the New Covenant, so not being under the Mosaic Covenant does not mean that we do not need to repent from doing what God has revealed to be sin.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled [that is, diffused throughout their being] with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (different languages), as the Spirit was giving them the ability to speak out [clearly and appropriately].

The Holy Spirit of God indwelt believers = New Melchizedek Priesthood Covenant. God's presents no longer dwells (nor ever again will) in a Tabernacle or Temple (Mosaic covenant) inner sanctuary/Holy of Holies.

Every believers is NOW a Temple where a Holy God's Spirit forever indwells. Peace, JJ

This thread has additional related content to my point:
Gentiles aren't now & never were,under Mosaic law

In Acts 2:38, when Peter called for his audience to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins, the Mosaic Law was how they knew what sin is. In Ezekiel 36:26-27, the Holy Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're free to believe what you choose.

I believe anyone that understands there is a creator God. They have sinned sinned against His sovereign laws. And heavens sin penalty is death.

The sinner is powerless to reverse this death verdict.

The OP lays out what I believe: Righteousness: comes via Christ's sin imputation. Justification: complete sin forgiveness, Past, Present & Future. This grace is access thru Faith & faith alone (Rom 5:1-2).

A righteous, sinless, faithful, obedient Christ bore/took our judgement & purchased our freedom. (Acts 20:28, Eph 1:14)

Faith in Christ's sin atoning/redeeming work. Found in Christ's death (sins required wage paid in full), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Father's receipt, humanity's sin payment received & accepted. (1 Cor 15:1-4)

Forever redeemed! ALL sins are forgiven! Time for praise & thanksgiving!

All the honor & thanks belong to the Name that is above ALL names. Our Lord, God & Savior. Jesus the Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0