Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you equate the new nature with Hellenistic duality and Gnosticism? In Gnosticism there was an absolute separation between the physical and spiritual and invariably Gnostics worshiped celestial deities. Your really getting this twisted, you might want to take another look at Pauline discussions of the new man vs. the old man because it's in virtually every doctrinal discussion Paul ever wrote.

There is no new nature. Before a person gets saved, they are human. After a person gets saved, they are human. That's their nature. Regarding Gnosticism, it was a system of duality. It held that the flesh was evil and the spirit pure. You said, there is a new nature that is perfect. Perfect, pure, pretty much the same thing. The Scriptures tell us that we have to contend with the flesh, the old man. That is our nature, the flesh. You're claiming that there is another nature, a new nature, whatever that would be. You claim that this "new nature" is pure. So, you have an old nature and a new nature. That is duality, two natures. You claim that this new nature is perfect. The Gnostics taught that the flesh was bad and the spirit pure. It seems you're claiming that the old nature is bad and the new is perfect. Do you see the correlation?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no new nature. Before a person gets saved, they are human. After a person gets saved, they are human. That's their nature. Regarding Gnosticism, it was a system of duality. It held that the flesh was evil and the spirit pure. You said, there is a new nature that is perfect. Perfect, pure, pretty much the same thing. The Scriptures tell us that we have to contend with the flesh, the old man. That is our nature, the flesh. You're claiming that there is another nature, a new nature, whatever that would be. You claim that this "new nature" is pure. So, you have an old nature and a new nature. That is duality, two natures. You claim that this new nature is perfect. The Gnostics taught that the flesh was bad and the spirit pure. It seems you're claiming that the old nature is bad and the new is perfect. Do you see the correlation?
Ok you have dismissed the Scriptures that describe the new nature and went off and called such a thing Gnosticism. I cannot abide this, welcome to my ignore list.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok you have dismissed the Scriptures that describe the new nature and went off and called such a thing Gnosticism. I cannot abide this, welcome to my ignore list.

I've not dismissed any of the Scripture, but rather your twist on them. As I pointed out you want to conflate the new man with man's nature. The Scriptures say nothing of a new nature. However, feel free to put me on the ignore list. I understand you need a safe space.

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0