Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 6:2," And I saw and behold a white horse and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering and to conquer ".

There are different interpretations from very good bible teachers and scholars who have varied views. A couple of these views are listed below :

1) Jesus Christ
2) antichrist I am very curious what the various views that people have on this forum. Please reply. Welcoming any thoughts...

T

Time Watcher

The rider is the Lord for sure

He will insure that His gospel of the kingdom will be spread during the tribulation [Matthew 24:14; Revelation 7:1-8; 14:1-7]

He is also the same rider in Revelation 19:11-21 .... who will destroy Satan's beast and his followers at the end of the tribulation

The idea that the white horse rider is the "antichrist" is based upon the false notion that this one will make some kind of phoney "peace" agreement with Israel and then break it

This idea is taken from Daniel 8:23-25 and 9:24-27

It is the Lord who will "confirm" the covenant with the "many" of Israel .... not the other prince

And the "peace" of the transgressors of Daniel 8:23-25 is the telling that Islam is a religion of "peace" .... it is not

And this will give excuse for the other prince to kill billions of humans who will not submit to his "god"

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

Why not?

Like I said the Lord is in control of His entire hour of trial ... and He does not retract His offer of salvation during the time

Read the other verses that I gave so that you can understand

His hour of trial and judgment has "bad" events .... but all are necessary for His purposes .... and He will cause all of these in order to bring down human self rule and to take back the earth which is rightfully His .... He made it

The best outcome will be His appearing to rule on the earth in person at the end of the period

.... and many humans who will not be believers at the onset will turn to Him and will be saved in the tribulation, look for them in Revelation's unfolding .... specifically these and others [Revelation 3:15-22; 14:13]

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I believe that the seals represent the beginning of Christ's judgments on the earth of the unbelievers during the tribulation period. The 1st seal, rider on the white horse, IMO represents the antichrist and his false world system. He comes in peaceably with a bow instead of a sword. He is given a crown to represent a world leader.

There are vast differences on the rider of the white horse of rev 6 and rev 19. He is the true messiah in rev 19:11-16. He returns in a victorious conquest . He is faithful to his promises and will judge in righteousness . Out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword vs 15. This is different compared to rev 6.

I really would like to hear different opinions about who the rider is in rev 6. Some people believe he is Jesus Christ . I do not how this view can be correct. Please give any thoughts on this issue ... Thanks LW

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the word translated bow, is toxon in greek,
and it is not a weapon but a bow of fabric,
iow, an appearance.

but toxon means the cheapest fabric, an imitation.
the first seal is the false Christ/kingdom
the seals follow the same basic order as Mat24's signs.

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"Time Watcher,
It's also my belief that all four seals have continuity. They are all of the same origin and are all of the same mind. To say Christ is the rider of the first seal give the four no fluidity."

Well you can believe this, but I think the related scriptures tell otherwise

He opens the tribulation period of His hour of trial [Revelation [Revelation 6:12-17] ..... and He closes it [Revelation 19:11-21]

It is all of His doing .... Satan's beast in the little horn of the "red" color is just the Lord's dupe

Keep studying ....and may the Lord bless you with a more perfect understanding .... this is possible

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lone survivor said:
I have issues with the rider being the anti-christ too. The scroll is not yet opened and therefore I believe the tribulation has not yet begun.
I will explain more later this evening.

That would be great! I'm looking forward to your opinion along with TW. I am not totally sold on the rider on the white horse to be the antichrist . This is why I posted because I really want some detailed views that follow scripture on this subject.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The white horse rider is the church conquering in Christ. Just as Paul tells us that "in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us".

How do we do that? Through the power of the gospel!

Boy...the blindness of futurism!!! It just keeps missing the symbolism of scripture!

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
The white horse rider is the church conquering in Christ. Just as Paul tells us that "in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us".

How do we do that? Through the power of the gospel!

Boy...the blindness of futurism!!! It just keeps missing the symbolism of scripture!

You listed no scripture to prove your answer . ' the church conquering in Christ' has nothing to do with the context of rev 6. ( the rider on the white horse) . I do not believe that the church will be present on earth during the tribulation .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You listed no scripture to prove your answer . ' the church conquering in Christ' has nothing to do with the context of rev 6. ( the rider on the white horse) . I do not believe that the church will be present on earth during the tribulation .
I know...because you don't accept the tribulation that Jesus referred to happened from 63 to 70AD.

That's ok though...we'll see if your "tribulation" ever happens...I doubt it, but we'll see.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've had some people tell me that the first seal opened when the gospel started conquering back in AD32. That actually would make John a false Prophet because He wrote Revelation after that and you cannot prophesy about something that has already occured. According to your belief that means that the first seal opend then and continued to open ever since because Christ and the gospel has been converting people ever since then which actually makes no sense to me.

I've studied every word, theory, and aspect about the first seal and this is what I think.

I believe it's symbolic of "holy war" and the descendants of Ishmael. (and maybe Esau)

I can't post a link to my web site so I'll try to encapsulate.

First of all it's interesting that Muhammad is called "the seal of the prophets," and the Mahdi is said to return on a white horse.

The word 'white.'

There are six words for white in the NT. In Rev. 6:2. The word white or 'leukos,' would be better translated 'light' since it comes from the root word 'light.' Leukos is a "white light." It's also used as the sign of innocence and purity of soul. BUT! In Rev. 6:2 and a few other verses it indicates 'dead white'. This 'light' is a counterfeit white and symbolizes the false religion of Islam.

Horses are often symbolic of swiftness indicating that the Four Horsemen will pass swiftly....or even in pairs.

BOW
This is the most significant part of the riders attire.

A bow is typically an article of war but most people have no answer why this rider has no arrows. It's a bit unusual for a warrior, even a jihad warrior, to carry a bow without arrows.

I associate the four horsemen with Islam and the Arab's because of the bow.

Bow from Strong's...
5115. toxon tox'-on from the base of 5088; a bow (apparently as the simplest fabric):--bow.

At first it says a bow. Then it mentions a simple fabric. I have seen some Greek lexicon's or root words translate bow as "bough". (Turbans?)

The word bow is from the base word Tito #5088, (notice)
1) to bring forth, bear, produce (fruit from the seed)
a) of a woman giving birth
of the earth bringing forth its fruits
c) metaph. to bear, bring forth

I believe the bow indicates the offspring of people that are out conquering and to conquer. It symbolizes the offspring of Ishmael and Hagar.

I also discovered that there are only a few people in the bible to whom a bow is personally ascribed. They are Esau and Ishmael. Ishmael is the father of the Arabs. Islam is also the religious offspring of Ishmael's since Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael and whose followers are currently engaged in a global holy war. Ishmael's descendants are today a mixture of the many Arabic tribes and clans that are symbolized by the iron and clay of Daniel 2, and the terrorism described in Habakkuk 1-2.

The bow is also used of God's judgment and also figurative of a counterfeit truth. A bow can signify a doctrine of truth, or a doctrine of falsity. This link written in the 17th century is very informative. (cannot post the link)

This bow hints that it is the seed of Ishmael.

A bow is also symbolic of "evil conquest and designs," and a "struggle against much travail in order to obtain a goal."

Remember that jihad is "a struggle" and Islam's goal is world domination.

This seal describes holy war as a 'struggle' to conquer the infidel and ultimately conquering the world.
I believe that the first seal opened on September 11, 2001...Assad's birthday.

Consider this...

A literal weapon would have been indicated here if the rider did have arrows.

Maybe the rider himself is the ammunition (arrows) just as the jihad warriors of September 11 were. Arrow is translated "missile" and the 911 jihadist had no missiles except the planes they were in!

The bow also denotes falsehood and deceit. (Ps. 64:3, 4; Hos. 7:16; Jer. 9:3).

Jeremiah 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

Hosea 7:16 They return, but not to the most High: they are like a deceitful bow: their princes shall fall by the sword for the rage of their tongue: this shall be their derision in the land of Egypt.

Crowns
In Exodus 39 crowns were worn by high priest. They were a plate of gold that was tied around the head with a ribbon. The Persians also wore crowns with a stone embedded in the ribbon. As I researched crowns, I found that crowns developed into turbans. (Smith's Bible Dictionary and Strong's Lexicon) Most could not afford the gold plates or the precious stones and thus you have a turban.

crown-Greek, "stephanos," the garland or wreath of a conqueror,

"Conquering and to conquer"

The word 'conquer' is the same word as overcome and prevail.

The word conquer is used extensively in the Koran. The mission of the white horse rider is to "conquer" the infidel and the world and bring them into 'submission' to Islam. I'm convinced that the quote "conquering and to conquer" reflects Islam's conquest of the infidel and world domination via "holy war.". Bin laden originally called for holy war in 1998. On one CNN special they said, "Osama bin laden has been crowned as the worldwide symbol of Holy War"!

I believe he is the rider of the white horse. (possibly Muhammad)

Now you know what I believe and why I believe it.

Strong's says this about a seal....
d) that by which anything is confirmed, proved, authenticated, as by a seal (a token or proof)

I believe that September 11, 2001 authenticated the opening of the first seal.

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
I see your point but I won't hold with it. For many reasons. Context is determinative. When you go to Revelation 1;9 and let John tell you He was in the tribulation...it can't be future.

When Jesus is telling those 5 existent churches of the tribulation it was their tribulation...not the 21st century.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 6:2," And I saw and behold a white horse and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering and to conquer ".

There are different interpretations from very good bible teachers and scholars who have varied views. A couple of these views are listed below :

1) Jesus Christ
2) antichrist I am very curious what the various views that people have on this forum. Please reply. Welcoming any thoughts...

Hi bibletruth469, the rider is the Antichrist. He has a single crown, not the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, diadem.

He is riding a white horse and has a single crown because the Apocalypse starts off with him being perceived by the Jews as their King Messiah. How he becomes their perceived King Messiah.....

He has an empty bow because as Gog/Magog invasion is assembling, he mobilizes his EU army in Greece, with the intent of staving off the invasion.

Gog/Magog invades and God supernaturally destroys the muslim/Russian coalition. The Antichrist arrives late, empty bow, but because he will be a Jew, and with their enemies all destroyed, the Jews will perceive that he is their long awaited messiah to lead them into the messianic age of peace and safety.

The covenant in Daniel 9:26-27 is not a peace treaty, but the Mt. Sinai covenant the only covenant spoken of in the early text of Daniel 9.

Deuteronomy 31:10-11 requires that it be confirmed every 7 years by commemoratively reading to the nation, Moses' instructions to that second generation to go in and possess the promised land that God gave them under the Mt. Sinai covenant.

The actual reading must be done by the priest, which imo, will be by the false prophet, the proceedings overseen by the Antichrist perceived King Messiah to the Jews - for the brief duration of nominally 3 1/2 years.

Doug

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 18:

When you go to Revelation 1;9 and let John tell you He was in the tribulation...it can't be future.

"The" tribulation in Revelation 1:9 (in the original Greek) is the general tribulation which the church has experienced from its beginning (Acts 14:22, John 16:33). There's also the never-fulfilled, unprecedented tribulation (Matthew 24:21-22) of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which the church will experience in our future, preceding Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6). Also, the various trials individual Christians undergo, including currently, can be referred to as plural "tribulations" (Romans 5:3, Ephesians 3:13; 2 Thessalonians 1:4).

ebedmelech said in post 18:

When Jesus is telling those 5 existent churches of the tribulation it was their tribulation...not the 21st century.

The letters to the 7 literal, first century AD local church congregations (Revelation chapters 2-3) in 7 cities in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11b) could have foretold a first century AD persecution (Revelation 2:10, Revelation 3:10) under the Roman Emperor Domitian which happened shortly after John saw his vision around 95 AD, near the end of Domitian's reign (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:30:3c). But even all the (to us) still-future events of the tribulation and subsequent 2nd coming of Revelation chapters 6 to 19 will unfold "shortly" (Revelation 1:1,3) or "quickly" (Revelation 22:20) after John saw his vision. For from the viewpoint of God, even the passing of some 2,000 years is like the passing of only two days (2 Peter 3:8). Christians should look at the future fulfillment of Revelation chapters 6 to 19 from the viewpoint of God, not men, for whom the passing of some 2,000 years seems like a long delay for its fulfillment (2 Peter 3:9).

Other books in the Bible contain prophecies of events that wouldn't occur for 3,000 to 4,000 years. For example, Ezekiel prophesied of the Gog/Magog event (Ezekiel chapters 38-39, Revelation 20:8-9) some 3,600 years before its (still future) occurrence. For Ezekiel gave that prophecy some 600 years before Jesus' first coming, but it won't be fulfilled until some 1,000 years after Jesus' (still future) 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:10). Also, God prophesied Jesus' spiritual defeat of Satan at the Crucifixion (Genesis 3:15, Hebrews 2:14) some 4,000 years before its occurrence. And Isaiah prophesied God creating a new heaven and earth (Isaiah 66:22, Revelation 21:1-8) some 3,700 years before its (still future) occurrence. For Isaiah gave that prophecy some 700 years before Jesus' first coming, but it won't be fulfilled until some 1,000 years after Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 21:8).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

Douggg said in post 20:

Hi bibletruth469, the rider is the Antichrist.

Regarding the 1st seal's horseman, on the white horse (Revelation 6:1-2), that could represent the gospel of Jesus (not Jesus himself: Acts 3:21) going forth to all nations and victoriously saving souls. For Jesus is the rider on the white horse seen later in Revelation 19:11,13 (cf. John 1:1,14), and his gospel will be preached to all nations during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:14, Revelation 14:6). The bow (Revelation 6:2) is a weapon that's able to affect things far away, just as the gospel is able to affect things far away from where it began (Luke 24:47).

Douggg said in post 20:

He has an empty bow because as Gog/Magog invasion is assembling, he mobilizes his EU army in Greece, with the intent of staving off the invasion.

Revelation 6:2 saying that the rider has a bow doesn't require that he has no arrows, just as saying that someone has a gun doesn't require that he has no bullets.

Also, note that the Gog/Magog attack on Israel (Ezekiel chapters 38-39) won't occur until after the future millennium (Revelation 20:7-10), when there will be no defensive walls or fear of attack in Israel whatsoever (Ezekiel 38:11). This is the exact opposite of today's situation, when Israel is filled with very high defensive walls, and is in constant fear of attack. At the beginning of the millennium, all present-day weapons of war will be destroyed, and they won't be allowed to be remade during the millennium (Micah 4:3-4). That's why after the millennium, the Gog/Magog armies will employ only rudimentary, wooden weapons like bows and arrows, spears, shields, and clubs (Ezekiel 39:9), which, after the defeat of the Gog/Magog armies, will be able to be used as convenient firewood by the people living in Israel at that time, instead of them having to go out and collect or cut down firewood from the forest (Ezekiel 39:10).

The Gog in Revelation 20:8 is the same as in Ezekiel chapters 38-39: an individual human leader whose personal name is "Gog" (Ezekiel 38:3). He could be born near the end of the millennium, and he will be killed and buried at the end of the Gog/Magog attack (Ezekiel 39:11). The Gog/Magog armies are defeated by fire from heaven in both accounts of the attack (Ezekiel 38:22, Revelation 20:9). While the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15) will occur subsequent to the defeat of the Gog/Magog attack (Revelation 20:7-15), nothing requires (as is sometimes claimed) that the great white throne judgment has to happen immediately after the defeat of the attack. For there will be at least 7 years (Ezekiel 39:9b) between the defeat of the Gog/Magog attack and the great white throne judgment.

Also, the Gog/Magog attack won't have to (as is sometimes claimed) involve only the nations listed in Ezekiel chapters 38-39. Those nations could be just a sampling. For the "nations" (ethnos), or peoples, who will be involved in the Gog/Magog attack will come from all over the earth (Revelation 20:8). They will still be physically part of Jesus' worldwide kingdom, still legally under his rule, just as they had been during the preceding millennium (Psalms 72:8-11, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 2). But after the millennium, they will be deceived by Satan into committing the attack (Revelation 20:7-10).

Also, while the Gog/Magog attack on Israel won't occur until after the future millennium (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Israel could suffer a different attack at the start of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which attack could result in Israel's total defeat and occupation (Daniel 11:15-17).

And Jerusalem could be attacked in the future at least 3 times before the millennium: once near the start of the future tribulation (Daniel 11:22), then again mid-tribulation (Daniel 11:31), and then at the tribulation's end (Daniel 11:45), right before Jesus' 2nd coming and the start of the millennium (Zechariah 14:2-21).

Douggg said in post 20:

The covenant in Daniel 9:26-27 is not a peace treaty, but the Mt. Sinai covenant the only covenant spoken of in the early text of Daniel 9.

In Daniel 9:26, the original Hebrew word (karath, H3772) translated as "cut off" can refer to when a peace treaty/covenant is "made" (Genesis 21:27). The first century AD fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a was at the Crucifixion, when the true Messiah, Jesus, made the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:15-17). The future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a will be when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty, which will be the fulfillment of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 and the league in Daniel 11:23, with a future, ultra-Orthodox Jewish false Messiah in Jerusalem, after he and his followers are defeated by the Antichrist (Daniel 11:22-23). So the future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a can refer to this false Messiah being "cut off" in the sense of being "covenanted", peace-treatied.

This treaty will allow this false Messiah and his followers to keep a 3rd Jewish temple which they will have built on Jerusalem's Temple Mount (after they or great earthquakes have destroyed the Muslim structures there), and to (mistakenly) continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of the temple for at least 7 years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2a) to the Muslims, so that the Muslims can rebuild the (by that time destroyed) Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. After "cutting" this treaty (Daniel 9:26a), the Antichrist could appear before the "many" (Daniel 9:27) nations represented at the U.N. General Assembly, and "confirm" (Daniel 9:27) that for at least 7 years he will keep this treaty with the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem, using this as purported proof to the world that he's (in his words) "a man of peace, and no Hitler".

In Daniel 9:27, "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" refers to when, only some 3.5 years after making the peace treaty of Daniel 9:26a,27a and Daniel 11:23a, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the 3rd temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the temple (Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).

Douggg said in post 20:

Deuteronomy 31:10-11 requires that it be confirmed every 7 years by commemoratively reading to the nation, Moses' instructions to that second generation to go in and possess the promised land that God gave them under the Mt. Sinai covenant.

Deuteronomy 31:10-11 refers to only the reading of the Old Covenant Mosaic law as given in the entire book of Deuteronomy (Deuteronomy 31:12b, Deuteronomy 28:58, Deuteronomy 27:26, Nehemiah 8), and only "at the end" of 7 years, meaning at the end of every 7 years, and only while the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law was still in effect (it was abolished on the Cross: Ephesians 2:15-16).

Note that this has nothing to do with Daniel 9:27a, which includes reference to one, particular, future, man-made peace treaty/covenant (Daniel 9:26a, Daniel 11:22-23a) being confirmed at the start of one particular, future, 7-year period.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1) Jesus Christ

Hi BT,

I've always held that the rider is Jesus and he conquers the hearts of men by the proclamation of his testimony.

I also have been pretty securely convicted that these four horsemen are already loose upon the earth.

God bless you.
IN Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican

1) Jesus Christ

The Revelation is opened by the coming of the sign of Man in the clouds in 312 AD, and Jesus coming into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 6 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
this is antichrist, a bow without arrows is a symbol of peace, he will make peace treaties especially in the middle east, Jesus was never ever depicted with a bow.
vatican will use the Hall of the Last supper in Jerusalem at the end of this year,
when this horse is empowered with the opening of its seal, pope will move to Jerusalem n make peace.

while Jesus on white horse is described in :
Rev 19 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Upvote 0