Rick Warren embraces Islam

ecclesasties

Jun 30, 2010
✟8,017.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ecclesiastes: OK, I've googled and read articles that claim he waffled on California's Prop 8, but "explain if God is..." What? God isn't sexual at all, let alone homosexual. He is spirit. John 4:24.

During the interview LK began to challenge RW to explain who/what God was. (paraphrasing) "Is He a man, is He a woman, is He both.......?" RW appeared to be confused and stuttered through the idea that "well, we were created in His image, so I supose He is some of both...." LK then went on the attack "Is God a homosexual? It sounds like it to me..."
RW did not reply, just sat there appearing confused and/or unsure of how to answer these comments from LK.
The point is: RW should know that our being created in God's image does not refer to our "earthly bodies be they male or female", but, rather to our "eternal" spirits. God is a spirit and to worship Him, we must worship Him in spirit. I was sore disapointed that RW did not understand this point and IMO he should have strongly rebutted LK's vile accusation of God being a homosexual. An Ordained Minister/Pastor should certainly understand how we are created in God's image, but, that's my opinion only I supose.............

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the education, Ecclesiastes. In fairness to RW, the question worded that way would have confused me too. (As it obviously did. :) ) But then I'm not an ordained minister of a megachurch, who writes and promotes books about God and life, am I?

Larry King was off base, even with the point he was trying to make. Having elements of both genders is not homosexuality, it is transgenderedness. Not the same thing. Homosexuality is a preference for "relations" with your own gender. Nothing more, nothing less. Has nothing to do with cross-dressing, gender-bending, or any of that.

(Don't want to go on an off-topic rant, so I'll stop now. I have a special heart for the LGBT community.)

Upvote 0

ecclesasties

Jun 30, 2010
✟8,017.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please allow me to also clarify that I am not "slamming" RW, for he may well be a loving, God fearing person and a strong Christian. As well LK is/was an "expert" at twisting words and an adept "ambush" artist. It is very possible that RW was so taken back by LK's assertion of God that he simply could not respond. My only hope is that after the interview RW realized that he had blown the opportunity to properly answer the question and set LK straight. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

painterly789

Jan 20, 2011
✟21,318.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Rick Warren is just a man doing his best. The important relationship is between God and one's self. The leaders of the Christian church are not our mediators. Jesus is the only Savior. We put too much responsibility on those who took on leadership when they are simply men and women who are weak and fallible- also needful of God's wisdom and grace.

I am sure Rick Warren knows what the correct answer is.

Upvote 0

painterly789

Jan 20, 2011
✟21,318.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Please allow me to also clarify that I am not "slamming" RW, for he may well be a loving, God fearing person and a strong Christian. As well LK is/was an "expert" at twisting words and an adept "ambush" artist. It is very possible that RW was so taken back by LK's assertion of God that he simply could not respond. My only hope is that after the interview RW realized that he had blown the opportunity to properly answer the question and set LK straight. Hope that makes sense.

Completely.

Peace :)

Upvote 0

ecclesasties

Jun 30, 2010
✟8,017.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rick Warren is just a man doing his best. The important relationship is between God and one's self. The leaders of the Christian church are not our mediators. Jesus is the only Savior. We put too much responsibility on those who took on leadership when they are simply men and women who are weak and fallible- also needful of God's wisdom and grace.

I am sure Rick Warren knows what the correct answer is.

I think/hope he does............
:amen:

Upvote 0

supersoldier71

Sinner, saved by Grace
Jan 19, 2011
Far, far away from home
✟10,260.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't see the LK/RW interview, but I know that sometimes non-believers (and professing believers for that matter!) can ask some off-the-wall stuff! It can catch you flat footed!

I'm not a RW fan or apologist, nor do I know his heart and motivations. But unlike some folks I could name (who are African American, call themselves "reverend" and have perms), he hasn't bent a knee to the altar of popularity regarding abortion, homosexual acts and other issues.

Upvote 0

patrickboren

Jun 3, 2008
Van Alstyne, TX
✟15,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Islam is a Satanic cult, however just as many Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses believe they have a relationship with God, so do many Muslims. They live in deception, it is important to pray for them that God remove the blinders that Satan has spread over their eyes, and reveal Jesus Christ to them. It is true that today there are more Muslims coming to Christ than any other time, because Jesus is at the door. The time is no longer near, the time is here. Jesus is coming back for His church very soon. This morning I was moved as I studied John 17 and saw the heart of God for His followers. It is His kindness that leads us to repentance. Remember to speak the truth in love. Until we can love them, we cannot speak to them. I don't know Rick Warren, I am not defending or judging Rick Warren, that's God's business. As for me, I have a commandment to love my enemies and to love my brothers and sisters in Christ even as Jesus loved us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums